Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I can see it now, 100+ people eating pickled eggs drinking beer and someone lights a match to start the bbq and the side of the building blows off. 

Eating pickled eggs and drinking vodka martinis.  We'd make the 11 o'clock news the first time someone lit a cigarette. 

• Like 1

Nuclear Stress Test set for Friday morning.  Me and my Chuck Taylors will lite up that treadmill.

Doctor just called with good news...PSA results were 1.1  I was getting a bit concerned because last summer it had jumped to 1.9 (still within the normal range; but, the rapid increase was a concern of its own).  

Two more months of work...it’s getting real.

Have a fine evening friends...

• Like 5

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Nuclear Stress Test set for Friday morning.  Me and my Chuck Taylors will lite up that treadmill.

Doctor just called with good news...PSA results were 1.1  I was getting a bit concerned because last summer it had jumped to 1.9 (still within the normal range; but, the rapid increase was a concern of its own).  

Two more months of work...it’s getting real.

Have a fine evening friends...

Awesome news Steve. 

I'll bet you're counting down the days till retirement.

I thought a nuclear test meant they chemically get your heart rate up without the treadmill. That's what my brother had yesterday, no treadmill due to a bad ankle.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Awesome news Steve. 

I'll bet you're counting down the days till retirement.

I thought a nuclear test meant they chemically get your heart rate up without the treadmill. That's what my brother had yesterday, no treadmill due to a bad ankle.

they put you on the treadmill and then inject something into you, then they take pictures of your heart and can see if there is any blockage anywhere.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

they put you on the treadmill and then inject something into you, then they take pictures of your heart and can see if there is any blockage anywhere.

I did just read the "nuclear" term meant a dye was injected to better see the flow, blockage or plaque. The stress test can be on a treadmill or chemically activated. I thought nuclear meant it was a chemical injection. Thanks Steve.

• Like 4

• Moderators
17 hours ago, minermark said:

Interesting, rain and in the 60s, we have skeeter's :o

When I use to duck hunt in South Louisiana there were plenty mosquitoes even when it was really cold.

People have died from mosquito bites when the motor on there boat broke down and they were stuck all night. What they tell you do is try to get to land or close enough and get some mud and put a thick layer all over you so the mosquitos can get to your skin and bite.

• Like 3

Good Mid-morning gang

Starting to rain a tad, should be our last storm, four day dry spell coming up.

Weather Tv drama playing out daily, i think they spend all night looking for area creeks.

Dam's are full, rivers are high, just like the last 100 years.

And we have been informed water rates WILL still increase as planned.

Oroville Dam spillway has given up, got a huge hole in it half way down, unusable.

This comes from typical Calif "Lowbidder" contracts, then official's still want their palms polished......normal.

Back in my prospecting days i had a claim north of there, ran into a few gents that stated their driveway had thicker concrete, guess they were right :o

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, minermark said:

And we have been informed water rates WILL still increase as planned.

Yes. It goes something like this: OMG, we have too much water, we will have to raise rates to get enough money to "take care of it". Meanwhile their retirees collect $8 -10K a month for doing nothing(not that they did much of anything when they were working). I've met and talked to some of them, they're proud that they are bankrupting our children and grandchildren. I always tell them your gravy train is going to go off the tracks. End rant.

• Like 5