Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

finally home from a few hours in the local ER.  Not the best place for a germaphobe like me.  

Heart started tripping out yesterday afternoon...still hasn’t stopped. Went to bed fully accepting that i could die in my sleep; but, no such luck.  Instead i got a bout of insomnia so i could stay awake and really feel my heart going nuts.  This morning chest was aching and feeling tight, so went to the ER.  

No heart attack, just the PVCs going overtime. Blood test fine. Chest Xray fine. Cardiologist said to double up on my medicine and she wants to do another stress test just for peace of mind. ER Doc said PVCs nothing to worry about 99% of time...cardiologist agreed as long as they aren’t caused by heart disease.  So far, no evidence of heart disease. Had nuclear stress test in summer of 2015 and everything was normal.  We’ll see how it goes this time around. 

Told doctor that i was going to take an Ativan tonight, and he said that would probably help me.

picked a bad day to go to ER...it was like one of those television shows...passageways were all lined up with beds because all the rooms were filled. i could not work at one of those places.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, minermark said:

Anybody make any money yesterday?

$10 ... some weird squares that paid $10 for every score change in addition to the quarters.  two of my squares were 8-8 which was the end of the fourth; but, not the final score, so i lost out on the bigger pot. better than nothing i guess.

• Like 3

congrats Dave--glad those days are behind me though...right now i’m getting chewed out via text for not telling the kids that i spent the afternoon in the ER.

“We’re glad your ok; but, next time tell us you’re there so we can be praying and be informed."

I guess it did suck being there alone. i thought they were going to keep me there and then the doc showed up and said, “I think you need to go home."

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

finally home from a few hours in the local ER.  Not the best place for a germaphobe like me.  

Heart started tripping out yesterday afternoon...still hasn’t stopped. Went to bed fully accepting that i could die in my sleep; but, no such luck.  Instead i got a bout of insomnia so i could stay awake and really feel my heart going nuts.  This morning chest was aching and feeling tight, so went to the ER.  

No heart attack, just the PVCs going overtime. Blood test fine. Chest Xray fine. Cardiologist said to double up on my medicine and she wants to do another stress test just for peace of mind. ER Doc said PVCs nothing to worry about 99% of time...cardiologist agreed as long as they aren’t caused by heart disease.  So far, no evidence of heart disease. Had nuclear stress test in summer of 2015 and everything was normal.  We’ll see how it goes this time around. 

Told doctor that i was going to take an Ativan tonight, and he said that would probably help me.

picked a bad day to go to ER...it was like one of those television shows...passageways were all lined up with beds because all the rooms were filled. i could not work at one of those places.

Dont worry the end is near.

Been tellin ya to get the hell outta that place.

You are not the first one (with plans to leave) to take their time getting the Fk outta dodge.

Here is the good news, you are "The" Only one i know still alive in the OC.:emotion-41:

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

hopefully i can make to May and then I’ll be in your club...an OC Survivor.

Im brutally honest because everyone knew why i was getting out, even making the best money of my life. 

I bailed.

Told them come with me, or at least come up and visit and see the Zero stress level(s). none did. they are all dead now.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, minermark said:

Im brutally honest because everyone knew why i was getting out, even making the best money of my life. 

I bailed.

Told them come with me, or at least come up and visit and see the Zero stress level(s). none did. they are all dead now.

Can it really be That bad, Miner?!i Travelled there 2-3 times a year for a few years and yeah wouldn't care to live there but your stories are very dark. Or is it just particular areas of SoCal that have this effect, like any other big city?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, richieb said:

Can it really be That bad, Miner?!i Travelled there 2-3 times a year for a few years and yeah wouldn't care to live there but your stories are very dark. Or is it just particular areas of SoCal that have this effect, like any other big city?

I'll try and keep it easy to grasp.

60s/70s pretty livable, good times, hitchhike everywhere

80s the fast lane moved in, and density quadrupled, anything goes, trust no one, and gets worse by the year.

Would YOU hitchhike anywhere these days?

Done chatting about this BS.

• Like 4

My latest acquisition. Been needing a good stereo cabinet as I was using an end table. Perusing the local CL add I came across one that fit the bill. The lady selling it said it belonged to her grandmother and was in excellent shape. Indeed it was! $35? Sold!

I particularly like this one as it compliments the Klipsch Belle's being period correct and all. Also being tiered gives it a bit more dimension.

It's big enough to fit all three of my receivers the Marantz, Sony and the current one Realistic. The bottom where you see the straw basket weave design incredibly hasn't got one rip after all these decades. There one can store a ton of records and whatnot.

There is however a slight nick on the side towards the bottom that I'll get to with some stain otherwise a beaut. It's as if the Klipsch & it go together.

IMG_20170206_185852.jpg

• Like 7

5 hours ago, dtel said:

I think if it's twins the wife will deserve the presents, Congratulations hope it's a girl.

Of course you're right!

Steve - sorry to hear of your er visit.  May your week be far less eventful from here!

• Like 4

Hey Steve....feel better soon!   Lets vote on where Steve should move. Low stress....I'm thinking Samoa.

RX.....nice set up and good score on the CL find.

LF has been a little under the weather but hopefully is on the mend.  This just after she told me she had never been sick:wacko:

The Jakester started his cold laser therapy yesterday.  He was a real good patient but was not thrilled with the sunglasses we all had to wear. Took about 20 minutes to do four areas.  I had to lift his 124 pound butt in and out of the Volvo wagon  At least he was down from 125B) 

That's about it for now....

• Like 4

Good Morning winter survivors......

55/Storming pretty good, watching rain go sideways in the cameras.

Was going to make a farm run....maybe Wend.

Ginger Cookies & Coffee, good way to start the day.

Good wishes to Big Stew. 

Ya-All know what day it is.....

• Like 7