Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Traveled a couple of hours to pick up one of my R2Rs.  Pinch rollers were sticking.  Will probably be the last time I make the effort to keep these old pieces going:(  Too far to travel and way too expensive.  Hooked it up and it works great though.  The tech wanted me to come pick it up because his house is packed with gear to the ceilings:o  He is an authorized Mac dealer too.  Bills himself at $90/hour. 

Has Mike posted on his new Khorns?  Would like to know how that worked out.

• Like 6

LF gave me 2 heavy duty power conditioner/surge protectors from her late husbands studio.  One is a CyberPower 685 AVR.  The other is larger/heavier and still in the car.  Plugged the tube mono amps and preamp into the 685.  Good, clean power supply compromised only by the house wiring, electrical lines, transformers and so on:mellow:

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

LF gave me 2 heavy duty power conditioner/surge protectors from her late husbands studio.  One is a CyberPower 685 AVR.  The other is larger/heavier and still in the car.  Plugged the tube mono amps and preamp into the 685.  Good, clean power supply compromised only by the house wiring, electrical lines, transformers and so on:mellow:

Good to hear this.

Everything but a lightning strike.

My Apc Filter/Batt Backup/Surge took a crap last summer, have not got around to looking at it yet, round Suburbia, surge is all i realy need to worry about.

• Like 5

She has been travelling and unavailable.  I think too that she needs to be realistic about gear that old.  The Conrad Johnson mono amps may need recapping.  I have backed off a bit rather than insulting her with low ball offers.  If one could get it all for $7500 and piece it out it may be worth while.  She has my address if she wants to do that.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, minermark said:

What date are you heading north?

bailing this place in May.  

Fashion Island is huge now. I rarely make it over to that area and, other than one of the eateries, i’ve never been inside that place.  That place and South Coast Plaza are to be avoided during the Christmas season...you can spend half your day in the parking lot...that is unless you use the valet...even the hospitals have valet parking now.

• Like 3

Chilly and windy here.  May go get an arm full of LFs vinyl and make a compilation tape on the newly refurbished R2R.  Only other thing that I can think of that would be cool is to eat wings and drink a couple of micro brews at the local watering hole.

Good find on the Aeropress Otis!

The Jakester starts cold laser therapy on his legs Monday morning.  I'm still in therapy for the rotator cuff which may be worse after lifting his big butt. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, minermark said:

Any Dental that goes into your jaw bone, you will be eatin the pills.

Seems most dental work is "dirty" business, infection, germ wise. Now after my hip replacements before I have any dental work, and lucky for me that is very minimal, even twice a year cleanings, I must take four 500mlg. horse pill anti-biotics so infection will not invade the "new" parts. For life -- A small price to pay to walk normally and without pain.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Chilly and windy here.  May go get an arm full of LFs vinyl and make a compilation tape on the newly refurbished R2R.  Only other thing that I can think of that would be cool is to eat wings and drink a couple of micro brews at the local watering hole.

Good find on the Aeropress Otis!

The Jakester starts cold laser therapy on his legs Monday morning.  I'm still in therapy for the rotator cuff which may be worse after lifting his big butt. 

I'll ship the wife back there and you can get a "Two-for-one-deal" with her and jake  :huh::laugh:

• Like 2

Good Pre-Bowl Day Gang

Rain, on and off continuing.

Im getting used to 50 degrees, feels like a swamp around here.

Have NOT seen dry dirt in two months, the farm(s) are worse.

Wife preparing big pot of Linguiça and beans.

Thinking about sending the wife up the hill to Ikedas for guacamole and Smokin Marys.

My least Favorite subjects, Dental/Hair

How-a-bout something more wholesome like Dudder and the coffee pot?

• Like 5