Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

17 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Toaster ovens suck.  Don't go down that rabbit hole.

One piece of toast makes you larger, and the other piece makes you small

And the ones that Tarheel never gives you

Don't do anything at all

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

that was slick.

You can call me Slick, Grace Slick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

hahahaha...  I proposed once to Gracie long ago.  She laffed her rear off and said, "You're cute!"   So much for that I guess.  Now IF I had given her a new toaster first???   Things could be different now.  Doubtful but one can hope & dream.

• Haha 4

Mornin' all

feels like the monsoon is over. Woke to 59` this AM. A bit on the cool side....and predictions for mid 90's as a high. Humidity is down.

Dinner went off w/o a hitch.

Reaction to the "enchiladas" was classic/typical. After a "product description" was a small initial serving ... followed by gorging.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hahaha!  Typical for you.  It was another grasshopper "throw down!"  Made Bobby Flay's throw downs look like garbage I'm sure.  

High 80's this week, no rain yet but the humidity is supposed to be off the charts.

Pacer change out tomorrow @ OSU and I found out they're doing it as an out patient due to covid.  This should be fun!  Wake up after and they throw you into a wheel chair, roll you out front and let you sit there waiting on your Uber!  😂 

Can't wait!  :)

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Hahaha!  Typical for you.  It was another grasshopper "throw down!"  Made Bobby Flay's throw downs look like garbage I'm sure.  

High 80's this week, no rain yet but the humidity is supposed to be off the charts.

Pacer change out tomorrow @ OSU and I found out they're doing it as an out patient due to covid.  This should be fun!  Wake up after and they throw you into a wheel chair, roll you out front and let you sit there waiting on your Uber!  😂 

Can't wait!  :)

Hang in there mi amigo!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Spent half the day yesterday in Clt.

Kind of glad I don't have to put up with the drivers that shouldn't be allowed to!

Found out not much had been moved earlier from the storage bins but we put a dent in it when my uncle brought his Ram3500 and a large trailer also a dualie with three foot sides. Almost empty now like we were after being in the sun over that blacktop lot.

Couldn't get enough water, and gatorade has lost their minds cucumber? wtf?? no I don't want to drink cucumber-lime when I'm thirsty. Oh your glacier-cherry? nope I held my nose and downed it only because it felt so darn good with my sunburned head before I found the straw hat. Cough syrup in the brown bottle from the Rx tastes better than that sometimes.

PXL-20210823-183046763.jpg

They were both packed eight feet deep and are like that now. Got to say if you ever go through GSP on I-85 and are hungry? Look for the Peachoid because right under it is a place called Fatz. Ask for their HOT sauce if you get barbeque and it wont be like that sickly sweet babyrays it isn't hot though.

If- Untitled.png

then- PXL-20210824-105738510.jpg

• Like 4

Had a strange dream the other night...

came home from ??? to find my house rearranged and some "new" stereo gear. A pair of Klipsch "Model 99s" in Zebrawood sitting on top of my LS... and a crew of 5 from the Klipsch museum that set everything up. Is there a Model 99??? I doubt it.

Haven't been sleeping as much as dreaming vividly, lately. Have some coffee Bill. Staying awake is a cure for weird dreams, right?

I'm beginning to dream of sleeping. Sheesh

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, grasshopper said:

Had a strange dream the other night...

came home from ??? to find my house rearranged and some "new" stereo gear. A pair of Klipsch "Model 99s" in Zebrawood sitting on top of my LS... and a crew of 5 from the Klipsch museum that set everything up. Is there a Model 99???

That's a trip, we'll have to ask @Dave1291 if he had any dream/premonitions like that while he's under today!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hope Dave's battery change went well. I know these things are pretty routine, but any surgery is risky.

I spent a little time buzzing the yard, before it got warm. Wife always tells me to not work too hard. That's one thing I do try to listen to. But, if I don't do it, it doesn't get done. Was some humidity this AM... not so cool. Maybe rain??? hahaha

Sent a few spaghetti squash to the school. I won't eat it, just on principle. Not much of a squash eater and when they call it spaghetti... that brings the Italian out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Evening willybob! I talked with him last night and yes he feels like it's just a regular thing. Said he'd get in touch tonight which I think might be a tall order but he's a hard-head like most of us and should be a-ok.         

It's another 95+ hot one here, needed to cut grass but I was still wiped out from yesterday. If there aren't thunderstorms tonight I'll start before ten tomorrow on it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Back home, but did not miss much it looked like the forum was down most of the time I was gone.

42 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Hope all went well with Dave's procedure. 

Not sure what it was but almost any procedure is no fun. 

Riding with the wife in the am to the dentist, in case I have to drive home.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, dtel said:

Riding with the wife in the am to the dentist, in case I have to drive home.

as you know, I'm a single man ... so after a few adult beverages, I'm about to buy another guitar. I said "Honey, do you mind  if I buy another guitar?"  I didn't hear her say no. 

Truth be told, I'd rather have a wife and be buying her stuff; but so life goes. 

• Like 5