Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

46 minutes ago, Marvel said:

You shouldn't use foreign words when English is more aprapo...

Apropos?  French isn't foreign.  It's our other official language, along with English.  Oh yeah, you guys don't have any official language...

All in fun, Bruce.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Gonna push 80 "they" say so time to get a bit of yard work done.  Might have to get the blower out and clean up some leftover leaves then mow.  Seems like everyone else has been out so it's time I guess.  Think I'll finish my coffee, suit up and git it!  Maybe.  Could take ONE more day off but then I'd be up against the wall tomorrow,.  Rain coming in Friday.  😂

• Like 2

I could say I had an unproductive day. I took a 2 hour nap.

that was a good thing.

I buggered my shoulder the other day. Something out of place. It had me thinking about going to the Dr...Whatever it was... it undid itself. I was losing my sunny disposition after no sleep for 3 nights

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Naps are good unless you crash at 3-4AM then be a tough guy and roll out at 8.  Just plain nasty when you're ready for a nap at 10.  😂

Glad the shoulder worked itself out.  Nothin worse than the vision I had of you w/the weed whip outside playin golf.  Now you can be a happy camper when ya hit the links.  :)

Wait, you have a sunny disposition?  😂  

73 here today and I spotted a couple dandelions out back.  Guess I better fix my spreader and get ready to hit it again.  I HATE fixin things that aren't done  right the first time.  That company really wants you to feed their machine before it's time.  Guess I'll eyeball 'em a lil better if I have to replace it.   Rain coming in for the weekend.  

You'll be checkin your eyelids for hole pretty soon hopefully.   :)

• Haha 2

Yes Sir, I'm tearing that spreader apart and fixing it.  NOT!  Down and back together and still sucks.  Into the paperwork for it now and naturally that's not up to date or at least doesn't show what I'm looking at.  6 years old and cost me $129. Taking a break before I beat it to death.  Starting to think like a hammer mechanic.    :)

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

73 here today and I spotted a couple dandelions out back.  Guess I better fix my spreader and get ready to hit it again.  I HATE fixin things that aren't done  right the first time.  

Those things are impossible to kill. When I was a teen there was a Weed-B-Gone wax bar thing, tied one to the back of the lawnmower (they didn't have the big mud-flap back then) so it got the weeds right after they'd been cut. Didn't have any for decades.

When they came back from all the other lawns... and none of the herbicides from the store would do anything? I'd pull `em up by the roots when the ground was soft and throw them in the trashcan without letting the flying seeds escape!

Yep Blood, Sweat, $ and Tears is what it takes!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Hi @grasshopper have you tried stretching when you get up lately?

I stretch/pop my back, part of my morning ritual .... after coffee.

if it doesn't pop, something's wrong. I don't think this bottle of bourbon is going to last until Christmas. Put a bit of a dent in it this past 2 weeks.... "medicinal" usage. 

according to accuweather --- 34` right now.  Headed for 80` this afternoon.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

AUTSCH 🤣

If only I was still that limber!

Putting my palms flat on the floor while standing has gotten more difficult the last decade. Still do a little stretching every am.

• Like 2