Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

as @Mikekidreplyed with that funny post about braincells , just a few days ago I read an article about a man in france who has a brain that has 10% size only in regard to a normal brain. There´s nothing in the middle of his skull.

Gehirn.thumb.jpg.064e3214d135d73c80a84179a1475c00.jpg

The proof: There is nothing in the middle of the skull, instead the brain is pushed to the edge

A 44-year-old civil servant has astonished experts: a computer tomography and an MRI scan have revealed that the man's brain was practically non-existent. Nevertheless, medical experts certify that the patient has an almost average intelligence quotient.

"The brain was not actually there. "According to neuropsychological examinations, the man had an intelligence quotient (IQ) of 75. Most of the population has at least an IQ of 85, and the average is 100.

The examinations showed that the usual cavities in the brain had expanded massively in the man, Feuillet said. "The brain itself, the gray and white thing, was completely pushed to the edge of the skull." Still, the father of two led a normal life, he said. Although he had "a mild intellectual disability," he was almost normally developed and had built a social network.

Brain volume cannot be used to draw sweeping conclusions about a person's abilities, explained German neurologist Prof. Heinrich Lanfermann of Hanover Medical School. "It depends on which structures are preserved, and that determines functional capacity." Therefore, he said, it is perfectly possible to pursue a profession even with a severely reduced brain volume

So I´m thinking if that´s possible , how intelligent would be the humanity if everyone could also use his brain 100%, the world would be a different one .

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, babadono said:

Been out of the loop.... @MicroMaraGeorge, you're getting divorced and moving to new shores? Where?

true , I am setting out for new shores, but at the moment I´m offshore  😂

828166582_offshore2.thumb.jpg.d4e068e6efc2257f417a16627d882da1.jpg

Eric ... I need a change in my life , can´t stand that anymore , got a new job , will look for a new apartment where my audiogear has place enough, after that I´ll I move out of the house and file for divorce . This may take a couple of month, early autumn latest. In the next few months I will only work work work to have to be at home as little as possible . I can´t stand it there anymore . I have to get out of the golden cage ! I have been dragging this decision out far too long.

• Sad 1

if ya wanna disappear, George,... this is a good place

-----------------------

I had a relaxing drive to Sasabe. 85`... Would have been a great day for a ragtop.

As I said... I had a nice drive to Sasabe....

... I made the turn onto the road to the school... heard tires screeching... then two vehicles skidded around me [it's a dirt road]...and a truck in front of me... nearly hit and oncoming truck... pursued by 2 BorderPatrol. And then another and another and another.... counted 15 and an ambulance. I was damn near the center of attention at that party....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

I was curious to see where you live ..is it your hometown ? or near to ?

Chattanooga sits on the southern border of Tennessee, next to Georgia. We are actually a mile or so into Georgia. Our address is Rossville, but that's just where the post office is located. Rossville is the location where the newer Western Electric office and plant are located.  We have a National Military park a couple miles south of us, where a fairly large U.S. Civil War battle/battles took place.

• Like 3

@grasshopperThey don't call it the Wild, Wild, West for nuttin.  When I was out there for that Eagles show the first thing my daughter told me.  Said there were guns and crap goin on all the time.  I prolly looked like an old retired Presidential security team member walkin around down town.   😂

Prolly enough excitement for one day.  Around here the entertainment is the Sheriff & Drug boys bustin a crack house.  lol

The Smokey GIF - The Smokey And GIFs

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Firearm ownership is taken seriously in AZ. It's not your right ... it is your duty

the high speed chase.... since they were southbound, most likely stolen vehicles... 

if the school had not been let out for the day already, it would have caused a lockdown. The truck in front of me, that dodged harm, was the father of one of the students, coming to pick him up.

kinda wonder what they had in mind to cross the border? Just drive through the port?... Might have been the original plan ... or ... maybe a decoy. Every BP in the area responded. Anyone stay to tend other things.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, MicroMara said:

true , I am setting out for new shores, but at the moment I´m offshore  😂

828166582_offshore2.thumb.jpg.d4e068e6efc2257f417a16627d882da1.jpg

Eric ... I need a change in my life , can´t stand that anymore , got a new job , will look for a new apartment where my audiogear has place enough, after that I´ll I move out of the house and file for divorce . This may take a couple of month, early autumn latest. In the next few months I will only work work work to have to be at home as little as possible . I can´t stand it there anymore . I have to get out of the golden cage ! I have been dragging this decision out far too long.

The more You Earn, the more You will Pay. 🙄

When my crackhead Ex started threatening Divorce, I quit working... came out the best any Man can..

Sleeping in my truck with a 17 year old Dog

But no Alimony. 😀

Of course my paid for Lake residence was gone ....😔

DO NOT GET MARRIED, young ones reading here

BONUS ...

If You are Offshore. You can not be Served Court Process. 😀😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

The more You Earn, the more You will Pay. 🙄

When my crackhead Ex started threatening Divorce, I quit working... came out the best any Man can..

Sleeping in my truck with a 17 year old Dog

But no Alimony. 😀

Of course my paid for Lake residence was gone ....😔

DO NOT GET MARRIED, young ones reading here

BONUS ...

If You are Offshore. You can not be Served Court Process. 😀😀

Now you just have to imagine that a man sings about his wife 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@the real Duke Spinner

You need to know that the law in germany is different from the law in the usa. My wife has her own income, she is a teacher, has a secure job until her retirement because she is employed by the country. My children are not dependent on me and my daughter is already adult. My son will be 16 years old, so there will be no problems with custody and alimony payments to my "still" wife.

And you are right, I was married only once, for 17 years, I will never marry again. The marriage , as well as it for centuries by the church and our constantly changing society structures , is meanwhile anyway a  primeval model of living together .

My daughter said to me recently " Dad , surely I will live with another person one day , maybe I will want to have a child , but my autonomy - as well as independence I will never give up . " She´s on the right way !

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

Last night I made a little more progress on the new sub.

45° and 52° bevels on this reflector piece.

0C308EA1-1D1C-4D50-8A4F-2D96D81F3EE6.thumb.jpeg.c85ff7a5592f697bdbd147ea399960c6.jpeg

624B752B-BE66-4931-A7F8-6FAC62C88C19.thumb.jpeg.f80fe5ae6429761de691125fb83fc9dd.jpeg

I managed to find my circle cutting jig in the shop and cut out the opening for the woofer on the baffle piece.

836927FA-C6B1-4D30-801B-84A618126CA5.thumb.jpeg.e5e9057b1563607852cba35fed56d788.jpeg

A1E78C61-331B-4EAB-B504-11C11806C03A.thumb.jpeg.a699d6c74845f6f93c154177eae09a45.jpeg

What are the final dimensions of that sub going to be?