Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I am back home , was discharged from the hospital yesterday , I need to recover first. The last 12 days have been a torture of pain for me , it has not succeeded in my medical treatment during my hospital stay to free me from the severe pain.  I was thrown out of the hospital yesterday according to the rules, the bed was needed for another patient with whose medical treatment more money is to be earned. Now my doc has to take care of me, but I can't see him until Monday morning. Until then I have no choice but to continue to endure the pain. The nerves of my intervertebral disc are so badly bruised and inflamed that it will take weeks until I get well again. S**T happens to often w/in the last years 🤔

• Sad 5

Duckburg is lookin up today!  Just ventured out and northbound traffic is backed up all the way.  Time to hit the streets a block over!  Looks like the entire state of Ohio is heading up to lake Erie for the wallet rape.  Can't blame 'em with a high of 81 today.  Wildfire smoke has been knocked down from the rain and the french doors are open.  Time to warm things up!  Hat's off to @mr clean in here who turned me onto these guys.  It's a hoot!  Insanity at it's finest!  :)

Enjoy the weekend!  :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MicroMara said:

I am back home , was discharged from the hospital yesterday , I need to recover first. The last 12 days have been a torture of pain for me , it has not succeeded in my medical treatment during my hospital stay to free me from the severe pain.  I was thrown out of the hospital yesterday according to the rules, the bed was needed for another patient with whose medical treatment more money is to be earned. Now my doc has to take care of me, but I can't see him until Monday morning. Until then I have no choice but to continue to endure the pain. The nerves of my intervertebral disc are so badly bruised and inflamed that it will take weeks until I get well again. S**T happens to often w/in the last years 🤔

So sorry.....here's to a quick and full recovery!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Ok @grasshopper everything's in there including the kitchen sink.  Do I use rubberbands or electrical tape to keep 'em rolled up?  Asking for a friend.  :)

20230722-124745.jpg

is that a burrito? If so... those tortillas look a little iffy. Wrap it in paper and peel it back as you eat...

I melt cheese on the tortilla. Then roll the contents up in it. The cheese glues it together.

for bean burritos, I kinda eat them like a tube of toothpaste. Squeeze the beans out the top ... and hope the tortilla doesn't burst. Then you are licking beans off your hand.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

I melt cheese on the tortilla. Then roll the contents up in it. The cheese glues it together.

Yea, they need glue!  You're the go to guy!  lolol  @oldtimer's bottle of nuclear waste definitely took things up a notch!  Even thought about a siesta but the neighbor kids are having batting practice in the back yard.  They just can't seem to understand it when I tell them whiffle balls.  Sooo, about ready to go up a step in the food chain & let their dad know.  lol  Wham and I hear it rolling down the roof.  Grrrrrrr!  lolol  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

The cheese glues it together.

Would Elmer's glue work?  Kids eat it like candy.  Ask your wife.   That way I can throw the cheese in with the rest of the stuff like always.  :)  OR am I over-thinking this?😂

Can'r say I've seen kids eat Elmer's ... I do remember seeing school paste being eaten.

you let refried beans get dry?    If they're in a pan, you need to cook them off.

I used to work in a restaurant. I was a "dishwasher"..  ran the salad bar, made garnishes .... assisted the cook/s

a nerdy question.. I haven't googled

When you do electrolisys of water, you get hydrogen and oxygen.

Because water is H2O... does the oxygen come off as O1 or what? 

6 hours ago, grasshopper said:

When you do electrolisys of water, you get hydrogen and oxygen.Because water is H2O... does the oxygen come off as O1 or what? 

Any physics or chemistry teachers in  here 😂 All I do remember is " Don´t use alternating current from the socket! Otherwise, ignitable oxyhydrogen gas will be generated at both electrodes! " 🤣

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Any physics or chemistry teachers in  here 😂 All I do remember is " Don´t use alternating current from the socket! Otherwise, ignitable oxyhydrogen gas will be generated at both electrodes! " 🤣

I think the best we can do is a couple of grade school graduates and I'm not sure who they are.

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, MicroMara said:

all I could get from google was the oxygen is O2..and something about electrolytes... I know oxygen , in its "normal state is O2. If you split a single molecule, where does the other oxygen atom come from?

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Yea, they need glue!  You're the go to guy!  lolol  @oldtimer's bottle of nuclear waste definitely took things up a notch!  Even thought about a siesta but the neighbor kids are having batting practice in the back yard.  They just can't seem to understand it when I tell them whiffle balls.  Sooo, about ready to go up a step in the food chain & let their dad know.  lol  Wham and I hear it rolling down the roof.  Grrrrrrr!  lolol  

Nuclear waste huh?  I think I have a new name for another batch.

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, grasshopper said:

does the oxygen come off as O1

@grasshopper  Yes , I asked my wife she´s a teacher for physics , math and chemistry ; Since there are several molecules, the atom comes from another molecule, a split off oxygen molecule looks for a second one and so on.

• Like 2