Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

All quiet here in Duckburg and the coffe's done.  Festival scuttlebut has begun.  Troopers checked 341 vehicles and only nabbed 2 for OVI. one of which was a mutliple repeat offender and may have to for forfeit his car.  Dunno why they just didn't drive around it like everyone else.  lol  6-7 bar fights up around the beer gardens and ppl whining about food prices on the downtown strip.  Blah, just another one in the books.  Time to water the flowers.   :)

• Like 3

@grasshopper that could go either way.  Good or bad.  Daughter said they got a "little" but not enough to help much from Hilary  That's w/one L not two.  :)  lol

Locally, they're talking about the vendors whining and how the people whined w/the high festival food prices.  Blah, they just have to adjust fire and go.  Who cares about the food vendors?  GIGO.  Then it was $25 wristbands for kids to ride the rides all day.  It'll sort.

Condert t's today is ANOTHER story.  It's ALL about makin money.  Hand counting inventory styles and sizes twice before the show, then dealing w/morons, then it's counting the cash and another shirt count before they're done.  LONG days, weather & heat, concrete & blacktop?  It's crazy.

Years ago I hooked up a beautiful local chick w/a job.  About 5'3, dark shoulder-length hair, gorgeous, single, funny and steals the show wherever they stop.  She works 'em all like a champ.

Just bumped a couple months ago and yup she's still at it and still looks fantastic.  Place up here in the summer and down in FA in the winter. 

Last time I saw her at a show she was bent over diggin in a box for a shirt.  Naturally I made a comment loud enough that everyone heard it.  She turned her head smiling and said, "Why did I KNOW that was you Dave!"  Everyone laffed but she loved the moment.  Got the dude his t and had dug one out for me.  Tossed it to me and said, "Get outta here it's on me.  Love you!" 

I gave her a thankie and told her I loved that view even if it was brief.  lol  Had the whole gaggle laffin and she loved every second.  Did I say she was a tease much?  Whew! 

Ya hit a show somewhere and see that perfect 10 ask if her names Mary!  You'll know for sure if she's bent over a box diggin.  Guarantee it.  MAYBE she'll throw ya a t if it's her.  Doubtful but maybe.  Tell her ya know me she might charge ya double though.  lol  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've been on the road most of the week not much rain to speak of. But heat? Yeah plenty of that, even used the AC a good bit. I hit Statesville to Marion, Hickory which I happen to like better than the others. Tonight I'm just barely inside Virginia and will be considering four different places up here tomorrow.

It's just gotten too darned expensive in NC this year. Could possibly come out better even paying car taxes twice this year.

• Like 1

Beautiful day around here.  Talked 95 but it rained most of the night complete with thunder and lightning.  Could be a hot one "they" say but I'm not thinkin it's too bad.  Blah!

Hitting the grill as soon as this Ray Charles lp is done.  Burgers, maters and maybe some corn.  Then slippin downtown to the Art Park to listen to my atty challenge his son on a lil "Freebird."  He's great in court and has been playing since he was a kid.  He's got a row of guitars to die for and works 'em all to the max.  "The Crazy Gringo's" are the best around imo when they get together.  Reminds me a bit of @Travis In Austin on a good day!    😂

Carry on!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

nothing exciting here

same ol' same ol'... sunny and warm ... again

going to town [Tucson] today

Dr appt. Looking forward to it. Non-medical ... more social visit. See how many patients I scare... Her 10 o'clock canceled already. I don't know if I'm getting a massage or a session to vent. If I start venting, she may opt for giving me a massage...

I asked the receptionist if the Dr warned her about me.... She'll understand after I get there LOL

• Haha 1