Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I think @JohnA was the first person I saw in person using network cable.

Ive got 4 cables braided together and then split into positive/negative on the H1’s.

on the tri-amped LS I’ve currently got a single cat5 line for each run, so six total lines to each speaker, or 48, 24g strands to each speaker.

• Like 3

Back to the zipcord....

I have some zipcord I used for probably 30-40 years or more. It started out flexible and has remained so.

When moving to our newer house, I needed some longer cables so I checked a few places for more zipcord. The plastic/vinyl or whatever was on all of it was stiff. That's when I got the KnuKonceptz wire... incredibly flexible and easy to work with. The price was also not bad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

I think @JohnA was the first person I saw in person using network cable.

Ive got 4 cables braided together and then split into positive/negative on the H1’s.

on the tri-amped LS I’ve currently got a single cat5 line for each run, so six total lines to each speaker, or 48, 24g strands to each speaker.

Actually I think I’ve only got three lines to each speaker.

• Like 2

Man Down!

I was baling out the kiddie pool ... moved the wrong way. Knees buckled.  I'm able to "walk"/shuffle ... IF I can get up. Bathroom trips take a bit of pro-active anticipation... It's only about 15ft... but

We're having fun now. Good thing I did my chores first. Feeling pretty stupid. I have a pump that I normally use to empty the pool... but  NO, I can do this... dimass

of course... I went to the Dr ... yesterday. We did have a nice visit. I can honestly say I enjoy seeing this Dr. That the Dr is female makes it much more pleasant. How many of you get hugs from your Dr?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

I can reach the toilet paper Whew

last time this happened, I was so proud of getting there w/o crawling ... and then couldn't turn enough to reach the tp. Had to unroll with my chin, down to my hand. 

one of my favorite "stupid stories" I tell on myself

Been close to this before

I am s bit better of late

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

Man Down!

I was baling out the kiddie pool ... moved the wrong way. Knees buckled.  I'm able to "walk"/shuffle ... IF I can get up. Bathroom trips take a bit of pro-active anticipation... It's only about 15ft... but

We're having fun now. Good thing I did my chores first. Feeling pretty stupid. I have a pump that I normally use to empty the pool... but  NO, I can do this... dimass

of course... I went to the Dr ... yesterday. We did have a nice visit. I can honestly say I enjoy seeing this Dr. That the Dr is female makes it much more pleasant. How many of you get hugs from your Dr?

Thankfully not one hug He is easily 350#

Once told me at 200# that I should lose weight. 😀🙄😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Massive improvement right ??

Oxygen Free of course. 😀

Working with it compared to my original zipcord... not a lot of difference.  Yes, OFC... I bought 100ft.

https://www.knukonceptz.com/home-theater/speaker-wire/kord-speaker-wire/sp/kord-ultra-flex-14-gauge-speaker-wire-100/

I'm OK with the price.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Working with is compared to my original zipcord... not a lot of difference.  Yes, OFC... I bought 100ft.

https://www.knukonceptz.com/home-theater/speaker-wire/kord-speaker-wire/sp/kord-ultra-flex-14-gauge-speaker-wire-100/

I'm OK with the price.

Improvements due to increasing speaker wire/cable size usually only become obvious when you go up two sizes, i.e. 18-->14, 16-->12 AWG, and that's with typical speakers with mid-90s sensitivity numbers.  With the very high sensitivity that's typical of Heritage Series speakers, the improvements may be less obvious, because less current is flowing most of the time.  I'm not an Electrical Engineer, but in both my systems, living room and bedroom, the minimum speaker wire size is 12 AWG.

• Like 3

On 8/21/2023 at 10:50 AM, Dave1291 said:

SO, I asked THE question. "Looks like a lot of money in your arms just to do this procedure."  Her reply was we also use them for colonscopes.  NOW ya KNOW why they're always smiling.  :)

Go ahead and ask next time and prove me wrong.  Now maybe it was a joke and maybe it wasn't but I'm sure glad they put the freeze on my throat before I swallowed  that thing.  Clean?  Of course they are.  Lawdy that's a thought that's NEVER left me!   😂   💪

Hate to spoil your next mouth-inserted inspection procedure, but Yes, they do use the same scopes for both ends of us, and No, sometimes the cleaning is not done properly...

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/article-abstract/621693#:~:text=Transient bacteremia during and,heart disease were recently released.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Get better @grasshopper !

No mouse will ever get my extra sharp cheddar.

12 gauge made my itty bitty speakers sound kind of muddy, that is the only way I could describe it. 14 was the sweet spot with the rich bass and midtones, still having good clarity for the top end.

I ditched that 18 gauge that they gave me with my Infiniti's long ago real fast when a friend showed me the difference.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Alrighty, I grabbed a cup of coffee from my usual spot downtown on my way out to do some shopping this morning.

I ALWAYS get the same thing, a large coffee, house blend, black.

Everyone that’s a regular behind the counter knows that’s what I get and they usually have it ready for me by the time I get to the counter if there is any line at all.

Yesterday, it was about 90° out and I had just made the drive back from Asheville with no AC in my ‘94 Suburban.

On the way back I had a conversation with my boss where he informs me that according to Fedex my new work laptop was delivered the day before.

I tell him that’s funny because, no, it definitely was not delivered to my house.

So I ask him to forward me any delivery confirmation info he has.

He sends me the delivery picture from FedEx and it is absolutely not my house in the picture with the “left at front door” caption.

IMG_1251.thumb.jpeg.66f8b4b9e1a0e5301300aa6a2b7d43d5.jpeg

At this point I’m wondering where my new $1600 laptop is hanging out but I also know that I’m pretty good at tracking stuff down so I decide to go grab some coffee and give myself some time to see if I can figure it out before we file a claim with FedEx and order another one.

So I walk into the coffee shop, it’s hot outside, I’m annoyed and melting from driving around in the heat.

I walk up to the counter and my guy Doug grabs a paper cup but I stop him and tell him to hold up, it’s hot outside , give me a large black iced coffee.

As he’s ringing me up I hear a murmur off to my right.

I look over and three of the ladies behind the counter are are clustered together and gesturing towards me.

One of them stepped forward, “we just wanted to make sure you were okay, we were concerned about your well-being because you NEVER order anything besides a large hot black coffee. We care about you and were worried something was wrong.”

I started laughing and told them I was fine, it was just way too hot outside to cruise around trying to find my laptop with a hot coffee.

As I’m explaining what’s going on with my laptop the image from FedEx is percolating(that’s a coffee joke for the benefit of this thread) though my brain and I realize the brick pattern looks familiar.

I pull up google maps to start searching the town for other addresses with the same street number as my house and then looking around in street view.

Sure enough, the first address I pull up is a match.

I say farewell to the crew at the coffee shop and drive across town.

The address is an oil company by the river.

I walk inside and as soon as I start to explain why I’m there, the guy behind the front desk says “Oh, you must be Josh. We’ve got your package from Dell.”

Sometimes it’s really nice living in a small town.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2