Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

7 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

The old Crew stadium is a nice place.  Plenty of parking.  I'm an hour north w/4 lanes all the way to Cbus and my doors are open if you like.  Save the hotel money cause that's an insane waste with lodging and food costs today.  Load em up and bring your A game.  lol

Thanks for the offer,  yeah, even going the Airbnb route is pricey, if I was flying solo I'd take you up on that.

• Like 3

On 12/31/2023 at 10:53 PM, babadono said:

Why'd ya think they call it dope.

WPOD....white punks on dope....

Hey! I know that song from Z-Rock!!

The first line anyhow... if I find it I'll put it in Paul's YouTube thread.

• Haha 1

Mornin' all

light roast Peruvian in the cup.

I guess I am driving to Sasabe this AM. Just a quick trip. Some agency wants water samples.... routine testing.

Wife won't be needing to do work. Since we got the big screen tv to use as a monitor, she can work at home .... When she rearranged her office to use the big monitor, it cascaded throughout the house.  Finding many things we knew we had, but couldn't find. And it will be the same, the next time we need this stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Went to Sasabe. Water sample got taken.

Because of the immediacy of the folks in Sasabe SON bugging out, the pets got left behind. With that being said, there has been an effort to get animal food to them ... and we were blessed with a bag of dogfood to deliver to the port of entry . I am guessing they are feeding at the port. We saw a momma dog and puppies running around ... Turns out, there were a few cats, too. The agents talked wife into taking a cat. So ... we now have a B&W female tuxedo cat.

She doesn't speak English ....

• Haha 2

All quiet in Duckburg and I now know where I can find a kitty who can help me with my Mexican.  :)  Don't get any ideas on sending me some either @grasshopper.  Quit laffin!   😂

On 1/2/2024 at 6:44 AM, The Dude said:

even going the Airbnb route is pricey,

You cra cra brother  One thing ya GOTTA do is Thurman's Cafe.  Great place you'll talk about for a LONG time.   Inbox me and fill me in on where you're staying.  Can hook ya up w/some great places for pizza or whatever.  Yes, this includes shoppin for da wimmen w/the right spots to hang WHILE they're shopping.  lol  Thurman's is a hoot and they're food is fantastic.

Winter is here for sure and the temps are dropping but we'll see what shakes out.  Carry on!

• Like 2

I made a cornbread casserole today. I really think it's like a tamale without masa. And why do grocery stores take cuts of steak and turn them into something like a half inch thin? Well I bought a pack dated today put an envelope of taco seasoning in it with bell peppers and onions and ripe jalapenos. Added a little cheddar to it. Had to put some extra buttermilk into the dry mix before adding all that.

PXL-20240103-182104202.jpg

PXL-20240103-182636728.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, grasshopper said:

We make "Mexican cornbread". Cornbread with creamed corn, cheddar cheese and green chiles. 

Pretty close to what you made, John.

That Salsa Casera is pretty good stuff

Yes it is good. It's one of the two that I like the other being Xochitl stone ground that are almost as good as fresh made. And not just fresh made salsa but fresh made good tasting salsa.

• Like 2

"Winter Weather Advisory" earlier

Now it's a "Snow Advisory"

With the roads around here it takes on a new meaning! Like bridges freeze before roads do! I do need some more of that excellent milk! 

PXL-20240101-190648223.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
Was joking wth ya Brian? sorry 'bout that!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, JohnJ said:

"Winter Weather Advisory" earlier

Now it's a "Snow Advisory"

With the roads around here it takes on a new meaning! Like bridges freeze before roads do! I do need some more of that excellent milk! 

@oldtimer

PXL-20240101-190648223.jpg

Screenshot_20240105_135120_AccuWeather.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Hey @dirtmudd

A local on either TV or radio was saying we would get 8 to 12 in of snow. Until this morning my phone app that uses apples weather kit was saying 3 in plus less than a 1/8 of an inch of ice. I'm sure that you got your snow living where you live dude!

I talked to @Dave1291 recently and he must have put a mojo on me over the phone. I woke up at 1:00 a.m. this morning after going to bed at 10:30 last night. Well at 2:30 I got outta my bed... (yaaa not the back of the RDX!) and made coffee and started some painting again. I have not seen anything but a couple of flurries, mostly rain so the weather man gets it wrong again.

You never know though.

That's fine with me. I might not have to wait until after lunch to go to the hardware store. My fumbling fingers dropped a machine screw that held one of three electrical lines from the 220 into my dryer. Don't have anything with me that will suffice and messing with electricity it's all or nothing. So so I've got to get it right!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Ah, the talk of snow. Though we had a white Christmas, it didn't stick around for long. Had a slight dusting last night, and they are calling for 3-5 inches over the next few days.  I figured I'd get the snow blower out today in the event that forecast is accurate. However, once I get the snow blower out, I'd be surprised if we get 2-3 inches. 

Breakfast was a Belgian waffle and coffee (sorry, no pictures of the waffle).  Sitting here enjoying coffee and listening to the lovely Ms. Fitzgerald.  After this I guess I'll put away all the Christmas gifts then head to the shed for the snow blower.

Screenshot_20240106_084322_Roon.jpg

• Like 5

there is talk of maybe a slight chance of the white stuff tomorrow night. 

The revised predictions are tending toward less and a smaller chance.

it was "fresh" this AM. I grabbed the door knob, and it was cold. They say it was 23`. It gets cold enough to snow quite frequently ... being a desert, it's the lack of humidity.

I am reminded of the bluebird skies of January, in IN.... it will be -17`F

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

there is talk of maybe a slight chance of the white stuff tomorrow night. 

The revised predictions are tending toward less and a smaller chance.

it was "fresh" this AM. I grabbed the door knob, and it was cold. They say it was 23`. It gets cold enough to snow quite frequently ... being a desert, it's the lack of humidity.

I am reminded of the bluebird skies of January, in IN.... it will be -17`F

Did you live in Indiana?

• Haha 3