Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Now we're getting the yello/green pollen, in spades. This first round was just the Bradford Pears... they are everywhere in Chattanooga. Now the green stuff.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We made it up to the Easter Vigil last night.

The weather was pleasant and it made for one of the warmest Easter services we’ve had in a few years.IMG_2552.thumb.jpeg.e7b6ec2f726891fa939226d8bb9705a3.jpeg

Afterwards, as is tradition, we went to Waffle House.IMG_2558.thumb.jpeg.401939b1b9f2458a95bea292a272e970.jpeg

Happy Easter everyone!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

58 here, sunny yet cold.  Enjpyed dinner w/the daughter and hangin for a couple hours watchin hoops.  Thinking about doing the exact opposite @Tarheel.  Still can't sleep so might hit a shot or two of scotch before bed.  This is nuts.  Hope everyone enjoyed their Easter Sunday.  Ya got a good lookin crew there @Invidiosulus!  He HAS risen!  :)

• Like 3

On 3/31/2024 at 12:40 PM, Invidiosulus said:

We made it up to the Easter Vigil last night.

The weather was pleasant and it made for one of the warmest Easter services we’ve had in a few years.IMG_2552.thumb.jpeg.e7b6ec2f726891fa939226d8bb9705a3.jpeg

Afterwards, as is tradition, we went to Waffle House.IMG_2558.thumb.jpeg.401939b1b9f2458a95bea292a272e970.jpeg

Happy Easter everyone!

Any or how many newly baptized? We had 16 newly baptized and an additional 10 or so confirmed.

HAPPY EASTER.

Waffle House? cuz it's the only place open?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, babadono said:

Any or how many newly baptized? We had 16 newly baptized and an additional 10 or so confirmed.

HAPPY EASTER.

Waffle House? cuz it's the only place open?

I think we had one baptism, one conditional baptism, with six total coming into the Church.

And yes, WH is about the only thing open at that time of night.

Well, the nearest WH to the church is up in Boone.
Being that it’s a college town(AppState) there were a bunch of bars still open but that wasn’t what the kids were interested in.

• Like 2

Monsoons last night in Duckburg.  It flat poured most of the night.  No idea how much cause the rain gauge isn't out but the back yard has a small lake today.  More on the way this afternoon and evening "they" said.

That coupled w/the taxman?  All in the same day?   Not pretty.The only dude making money was my CPA.  The kid owns 9 Arby's and is now running his dad's H&R Block office next to the first Arby's he built.  Ginne a break.  Said business was good so I told him I couldn't believe he sold that many liver sandwiches.  I did get lunch outta him though.  :)

Rare Rare Steak GIF - Rare Rare Steak Steak GIFs  Think liver next time ya take a bite of one...  Yuuuup... :)

Gotta go.  Working on the Ark!   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Shouldn't have laughed at that, the gravy might be good.

Wait, I like livermush sliced thin and fried up crispy with onions...     I might like that:huh2: 

Is it on melba toast or cookies:wacko2:

Got to break down the pc and music rig on the card table again, desk is supposed to get here finally in the am. And I've got no idea if I'll be up and ready at 3am like I was today. Starting to wind down now actually. About three hours early, that makes sense.

Rain is over I think, the sun was out for a while!

• Like 2

All quiet in Duckburg.  A few new lp's showed up yesterday but they'll wait til tomorrow.  Taxes done and filed.  Slipped out to buy a couple Powerball tickets and now can't find them in the car.  So tomorrow if I see a winner from Ohio guess I'll tear the car apart.  lol

Nasty weather is thru and heading your way @KROCK & @dirtmudd.   Buckle up cause it's ugly!  

Ok @grasshopper & @MicroMara where ya been???  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The girl at the BP station gave me 2 three dollar power ball tickets when I asked for 3 two dollar tickets.  Accepted them anyway.

Pretty sure that missing ticket was the winner..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

No winner here this morning. The desk I ordered a month ago got to the bottom of the driveway. Delivery guy called me out there and it was busted up. I'll try once more then get my money back.

• Sad 4

Got a lil more than 3'' of rain, anymore than that, I would be on vac detail. On the bright side, NO snow for me! Maybe Mike had to shovel?

• Like 3