Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Stay safe @KROCK duck and cover is a proven myth from the B&W movie days now, so just run outside away from the flying bricks! 

Maybe it's why folks are going back to the dark ages over an eclipse Monday. I'll be driving through it towards Nashville when it hits. Hope that army of the dead stays in Atlanta where it belongs! :happy:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Discovered this coffee bar in the district where I´m living now , it´s called Baristoteles Coffeehouse . Tasted their coffee yesterday , what shall I say ....absolutely delicious ...I made some pics , this how it looks inside

Kaffee.thumb.jpg.2f08fc196a5adb09e1819ac364435cf1.jpg

Kaffee1.thumb.jpg.82a3c02513bbe55a2064a77b00ebc0e2.jpg

Kaffee2.thumb.jpg.30e89366ef0a6845101861a9914bea6e.jpg

Kaffee3.thumb.jpg.995d70a9ac8b710253eece3bf96d1156.jpg

Kaffee4.thumb.jpg.68e8419484157b2806449548b88e5647.jpg

Kaffee5.thumb.jpg.bcdc85cbddb203b979b946b49498423e.jpg

Kaffee6.thumb.jpg.983a29d0d06da63438b0a30fb70f92f7.jpg

Kaffee7.thumb.jpg.5de6f94bf211c8a522d4b852c78fd92a.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, babadono said:

Fedex?

No, RSA or RSL something. One of the boxes got sent from TX to FL to NC to VA (40 mi from me); to TN to TX to FL to NC to me and it was broken by then!

FedEx is the best in the SE USA!

The former usps the worst.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

No, RSA or RSL something. One of the boxes got sent from TX to FL to NC to VA (40 mi from me); to TN to TX to FL to NC to me and it was broken by then!

FedEx is the best in the SE USA!

The former usps the worst.

Absolutely not.

Our local FedEx drivers love playing geoGuessr with packages and deliver them to the wrong location and then send the confirmation pictures of the delivery so you can try to figure out where they actually delivered our packages.

USPS around here is great.

The most amazing shipping experience I’ve had was via DHL.

i ordered some camera equipment from a company in South Korea and they only shipped overnight via DHL.

Even with the higher shipping cost the overall order was cheaper than any other vendor.

Less than 24 hours after I placed my order, DHL was knocking on my door in Banner Elk, North Carolina with a package shipped out of Gangnam Du, Seoul,  South Korea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I can say in CLT and around Clemson, usps aren't good at all. It's brown that does the other where I have lived or been stuck.

DHL is good, Natural Processed coffee from South America to CLT = 3 days, to across I-85 from Death Valley = 3 days!! They took a day to roast the beans so... about the same as your stuff because of C C C Customs south of us🤣

• Like 2

Good Morning folks, @grasshopper you out there?

Hope all is well in your corner of our world!

Remember those Asiago Cheese Bagels a few years back?  I know I can't be the only person that loved `em! I still look but around here their aren't any bagels worth buying at the stores anyhow.

Plain or everything and not any of the good brands either.    I'll look on my trip this week!

Anyhow bought a loaf of Asiago bread the other day, made a pot roast with two four lb bottom rounds that if you cook long enough that darn lean beef will get tender too. Doesn't freeze well so it's every meal for a few days and I finished that loaf this morning!

asiago.png

*Hmmm, mine wasn't sliced. I made thick slices!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

The most amazing shipping experience I’ve had was via DHL.

Same here... very good service with shipments through them.

• Like 3

Hope Bill and the fam are good and nothing's happened.  Last I recall was his leg and something about a vacay at some point. Just hope he's ok.  Crazy for sure.

The only thing I know is Nikon ships every piece of gear they repair or loan DHL world wide.  That was back when I was shooting.  Don't know about today.  Some of the full time guys from NYC working events said UPS and the rest were terrible.  Just left it on the dock with no signature and thousands of dollars were walkin away w/unknowns.  Big heavy box = pricey glass.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Shippers do not care what happens after they sit the package down. They consider their job done at that point. Shaggy sits by the window waiting when the packages are on the porch. He's not mean but he is an imposing figure. Scares the sh!t outta the mailman.

image0-5.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, geezin' said:

Shippers do not care what happens after they sit the package down. They consider their job done at that point. Shaggy sits by the window waiting when the packages are on the porch. He's not mean but he is an imposing figure. Scares the sh!t outta the mailman.

image0-5.jpg

He looks like a very good foot-warmer for the cold months!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I might tell you guys tomorrow evening about this time!

Its A Secret Shhh GIF - Its A Secret Shhh Bulanci GIFs

A song for every story.  Scratch that "You'll never know how much I really love you" garbage!

😂

Hit 70 today for the eclipse.  Cloudy but visible.  Aside from airing the house out and playin some tunes it was pretty uneventful.  Sure was strange outside though.  No traffic and quiet except for the dogs barking.  lol  

Nothing else to report!  Carry on  :)

• Like 2

I Told You I Told You So GIF - I Told You I Told You So I Knew It GIFs

😂😂😂💪

Now to find that darn @grasshopper!  Not like him to just disappear like that and I'm wondering...  He'll surface.  Hope it was just internet garbage and nothing serious..  Maybe his wife grounded him?  Gotta be a reason.  Hmmmm...

Got the yard mowed today for the first time.  Hit 72 and didn't know what to do with myself.  I kinda wanted to see how "TruGreen" was doin on thingsanyway.  Yup, 4 dandelions and miles of ground ivy.  Hopefully they step up their game.  Blah. 

Won't be long and I'll be throwin some bulbs in planters and getting  with this crazy couple who started a totally insane plant business.  They're pricey but the things they have are colorful and totally outta the box.  Saved a section along the back side of the house when I was landscaping just to throw some crazy wild plants into.  Will be interesting to get their input.  Might need a loan @Tarheel  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2