Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Do we need to send out a search party for Grasshopper?

Poor little Swanky is getting several teeth pulled today.  Periodontal disease.  Second time he has been under sedation for extractions.  Dad's on pins and needles!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

On 4/5/2024 at 7:11 PM, Invidiosulus said:

The most amazing shipping experience I’ve had was via DHL.

Yep. I have ordered 3 pieces from Shenzhen Audio in China in last month. All delivered by DHL within 3 or 4 days from China to Murrieta Ca. It takes Fedex 1 to 2 weeks Las Vegas Nv. to Murrieta Ca. How the F do they stay in business?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

@Tarheel Hope the Swankster responds well to the dental work.  You're just going to have to do a better job brushing his teeth.  Floss too.  Gotta use the floss!  He can't snarl at the mailman with no teeth!  :)

More rain sliding thru today so there's that.  Clearing up and pushin the temp up into the low to mid 70's for the weekend.  Next week more nice temps so I'm just about ready to scratch winter off the hit list.  It'll sort.

13 minutes ago, babadono said:

How the F do they stay in business?

That's just funny.  I thought I was the only one who asked myself that question.  I've got gear and lp's coming from everywhere and usally track it for the laff.  Had a good one yesterday.  Picked up a couple lp's from Great Briton which were 72$ so I hit the go button and they were on the way.  THEN I looked at the final bill wondering how much shipping was.  Usually it's 15 or so.  Yes, Sir!  Only $32 for shipping.  Should be a hoot watching this one come in.  USPS sends stuff to Philadelphia THEN to Ohio?  Seriously???  "The whole world's gone mad." Nils Lofgren.  Spot ON!  

• Haha 1

D H L

The large global corporation is named after the American entrepreneurs and founders Adrian Dalsey, Larry Hillblom and Robert Lynn. The name for the US logistics company was derived from the first letters of their surnames in 1969. In 2002, the German postal service bought the US company.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Welllllll, look at what the dogs dragged in!  Bout time!  Was just about ready to put an All Points Bulletin out on you!  

Why did I know it was run by German technology somehow?  Sheesh.  These places in the US are insane.  I watched my PrimaLuna amp come from LA to Ohio by way of about 49 other states.  Somehow it got to Ohio in the 7 days they said it would.  That was UPS.

When Nikon specified everything had to go DHL it was crazy.  A LONG time ago and few places to drop it off.  Today it's cake.  Gonna be interesting watching how those albums come.

Glad you slipped in!  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/31/2024 at 10:15 AM, Tarheel said:

Beautiful day here 68 degrees, sunny, and a nice breeze.  Getting a few little items done.  Wish me well I'm going to lay off the booze for a bit to see if I notice a change in sleep/energy.

Yeah, I need to do that too.

• Like 3

@Tarheel didn't Code move relatively close?  Might have been a late nite comment so dunno.  Someone did though didn't they?  Lunch?  Doc pulled me off coffee sooooo I'll attribute any errors to that.  lol  No coffee, soda, nada just water.  Having withdrawals here.  lol   

• Sad 3

7 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

@Tarheel didn't Code move relatively close?  Might have been a late nite comment so dunno.  Someone did though didn't they?  Lunch?  Doc pulled me off coffee sooooo I'll attribute any errors to that.  lol  No coffee, soda, nada just water.  Having withdrawals here.  lol   

Yes he did.  Temporarily at Carolina Beach but just bought a house about 12 minutes from me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/11/2024 at 12:24 PM, babadono said:

Yep. I have ordered 3 pieces from Shenzhen Audio in China in last month. All delivered by DHL within 3 or 4 days from China to Murrieta Ca. It takes Fedex 1 to 2 weeks Las Vegas Nv. to Murrieta Ca. How the F do they stay in business?

How?  I'm not sure, but now we have a clue how China does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All quiet in Duckburg.  Low 70's today and turning up the heat to the mid's this week.  Just about time to kick back and see how the neighbors enjoy a lil Miles Davis hittin the high notes.   :)

Thought about a trip to Cbus today for the spring football game but blah.  Fox covered it nationwide, which was the first time ever.  80k in the place, studs all over the field, coaching changes, formers coming back to strut their gold and diamands from the NFL and a couple Super Bowl rings?   Don't need me w/my pom poms.  😂

Yea, the games a changin for sure.   We'll see what shakes out after the Spring version of the NIL, which opens on the 16th and closes on the 30th.  People seem to be over-looking that one lil thing that can change the face of a team.  They're not showin 'em anything anyway.  Just a scrimmage w/bands and fans.  I will go on record with this.  You think Marvin Harrison was a great wide receiver?  Jerimaih Smith IS the REAL DEAL.  This freshman is making unreal catches already and hasn't even hit the weight room.  He's gonna be truly amazing IF he can stay healthy.   

Bloodwork Monday morning.  I'm taking my mug and won't leave that place when the vamps are done til it's FULL!  Yea, think I'm addicted.

Carry on!  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

What's the top one? The scales are interesting.

I think it’s a type of bush viper.

the next ones are a Green Mamba, Coral snake, and a cobra.

This was maybe a fourth of the snakes he has.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Yellow Touches Black...

Jump Back!

Yellow Touches Red...

You're Dead!

These weren’t the ones we played with.

He has a very nice, and slightly inquisitive, corn snake that I held for a while.

It was cute and kept trying to explore the sleeves of my black denim jacket.

Dude has a recording studio upstairs and I was VERY interested in his 5-string Rickenbacker bass among other things.

• Like 3