Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

the craving for fast food has gone away completely and i’m really enjoying the exercise

The end is near, not your end the big end, no Del Taco is a serious change. Good for you, I think one advantage you have over many is weight, you look like it has never been a problem for you. :emotion-21:

A few year ago we changed our diet, I lost 50 pounds. A couple of years ago family Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years and then a couple cruises that spring threw it all off and now I have 30+ pounds of it back, it's time to get back on it I have been lazy with watching. My wife was going to the gym 3 times a week and zumba 4 days a week and was doing great, she got sick and over the last 2 years did the same thing I did. She is at the doctor right now so I don't know what the latest is yet, they said she has fluid around her heart and in her lungs which causes her to get out of breath.

Keep it up BSM you know better than most because of accidents but health can change quickly and is more important than anything else.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I get fast food every chance presented... 2 or 3 time a year.

Wish I could say that, I always cook but we seem to be out of town alot, and some type of fast food is the only choice on the road, I do count Chinese food as fast food, love the stuff.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

The end is near, not your end the big end, no Del Taco is a serious change. Good for you, I think one advantage you have over many is weight, you look like it has never been a problem for you. :emotion-21:

A few year ago we changed our diet, I lost 50 pounds. A couple of years ago family Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years and then a couple cruises that spring threw it all off and now I have 30+ pounds of it back, it's time to get back on it I have been lazy with watching. My wife was going to the gym 3 times a week and zumba 4 days a week and was doing great, she got sick and over the last 2 years did the same thing I did. She is at the doctor right now so I don't know what the latest is yet, they said she has fluid around her heart and in her lungs which causes her to get out of breath.

Keep it up BSM you know better than most because of accidents but health can change quickly and is more important than anything else.

Best of wishes love, and prayers I hope she can get that taken care of quickly.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dtel said:

Good thoughts sent her way.

7 minutes ago, dtel said:

And one big one. :o:lol:

Couldn't help it.

And getting bigger!

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, dtel said:

First off Elden ... i hope Christy gets a good report from the doctor. Never met her; but, she seems like she has a heart of gold.

Never had a serious issue with weight ... i think the heaviest i’ve ever been has been 234 ... after i got divorced, i made it down to 173; but, when my brother moved in I’ve slowly started gaining again.  Five years later, I’m at 209; but, once i learn some portion control and maybe cut back on the cheese & bread, I should be able to get back to 200 easily.  I’m cool with being 200, although i saw a stomach guy after my accident and he said that my max weight is 185. I never thought i could get to that; but, made it to 173 -- although family members thought i had cancer or something. My brother told me that i had lost too much weight. I didn’t feel any different (i thought); but, when i put some of that weight back on, i sure felt worse. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Time for a cocktail.   Think it will be one of Carl's slushies if I can remember how much Aristocrat he uses:unsure:

You might tread lightly with the "slushie" term, Carl may have that Trademarked ?! Would be a shame for you to actually arrive in Hope then quickly cuffed and carted off for trademark infringement. And a Lady's Man from NC in the Hope county jail does not bode well, not at all. But indeed, you would be a Lady, man. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

gia just had control of my tablet...

she said who is willybob.....

im looking for billybob....

Tell if she keeps making that face it's going to get stuck like that,............ that's a pretty old one I think I heard that one as a kid.

1 hour ago, richieb said:

You might tread lightly with the "slushie" term

Slushie is how you feel after a few.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Good thoughts sent her way.

First off Elden ... i hope Christy gets a good report from the doctor.

Than You, it was a better report from the cardiologist than expected. He said the fluid on the heart/lungs is slightly better and he now feels the breathing problems are more from serious allergies combined with the fluid. So she stays on medicine for the fluid and now something for allergies. It could have been much worse, check back in 3  months or if it gets worse. :emotion-21: This has been going on for almost 2 years, with the breathing problems the gym and zumba had to stop, this added weight which made the problem worse, it is not fun getting old. The breathing was so bad a trip to the grocery would wear her out.

• Like 3

• Moderators

i think the heaviest i’ve ever been has been 234

That was the exactly the weight I was after I lost 50 pounds, now about 265-70 and it feels like it, time to change. I'm 6'3", you looked tall in the pics that's why I thought didn't have a weight problem.

I have big bones, problem is so is the stomach. :(

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Glad that there is improvement in the heart and hopefully the breathing gets better.  

As a person with Asthma, i am well aware of how struggling to breathe can wear one out.  

My daughter has asthma and ironically enough is a APRN at a local asthma/allergy practice. I've seen her struggle when she was younger and its now nice to know she's helping her patients with the condition. 

• Like 3

I have a weight problem, too. It the opposite of most of yours.    The only, for sure, way that I can gain weight, is to grow my hair/beard.

Lookin' a bit like JerryGarcia, now.... and told my sisters I won't cut it until I see them..  They wanna see it

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I have a weight problem, too. It the opposite of most of yours.    The only, for sure, way that I can gain weight, is to grow my hair/beard.

Lookin' a bit like JerryGarcia, now.... and told my sisters I won't cut it until I see them..  They wanna see it

----- as do we -----

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

y'all lookin like JerryGarcia, too?

HaHaHa

my buddy says I look like the Templar guard [of the chalice] in IndianaJones and the Last Crusade ...

I asked,  "You mean tired?"

Grand is here. Was telling her that grandpa got a stereo ... and she won't be able to put her hand to these speakers and say it's not working because it isn't loud enough.. She could crawl into the scalas

• Like 1
  • Haha 1