Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

The doctors aren't blowing smoke when they give people the lecture. 

It's true, just statistics, similar to what insurance companies use, they know exactly the percentages of what each bad habit shortens your time, on average anyway.

• Like 2

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I agree there are other factors, though.

True, many years ago I did insurance, my first death claim was someone my age. As I talked with his parents I found out we had the same birthday and were the same age. The big difference was he was very good about eating well and exercised every other day, his heart just stopped while he was sleeping. The autopsy showed no heart or any other health problem including drugs. His heart just stopped, they knew this because of how he was found. A heart attack victims are usually on the floor or at least tangled up in bedding from moving around in pain, on average anyway, he was found just as he slept.

It seems when it's your time it's going to happen, how else can you explain how some who are into all kinds of drugs and many other bad habits live to be old and others try to do the right thing and die young.  It all just make you wonder, it seems sometime it's just luck or all planned ?

8 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I feel like I’m playing with house money.

I feel the same way, I am ahead already I'm only a few years away from the age my dad died and he was by far the oldest male in his family.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Tarheel said:

At 69 years old, 6'2", and 187 pounds I'm in better shape than men twice my age:mellow:

Hate to give you bad news but there are no men twice your age. :unsure: But your doing good, chasing the ladies is good exercise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

It seems when it's your time it's going to happen, how else can you explain how some who are into all kinds of drugs and many other bad habits live to be old and others try to do the right thing and die young.  It all just make you wonder, it seems sometime it's just luck or all planned ?

Yeah.  The randomness by design is just enough to keep you honest, humble and thankful.

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, vasubandu said:

Next time the mobile blood suckers come around give them a pint for me.

I do, last time just because i liked the design on the T shirt they gave out, i'm easy.

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Needles, giving blood, those things don’t bother me ... a real pretty gal showing me attention -- THAT’S what makes me nervous!

Don't bother me either, the girl thing does nothing for me. I will be talking with a girl and later my wife says she was flirting with you she must have liked you, this happens alot. I don't see it, I guess because I have been married for 39 years ?  If I tell her I liked how the girl looked my wife always say's, go for it while laughing :lol: but to me it sounds like Clint Eastwood, "feel lucky punk ?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Steve, @BigStewMan, I know your healthier diet keeps you away from Del Taco, but I can't pass one -- a Del Taco, not whatever else might come into your mind -- without being reminded of you.  Same goes for Grand Haven.  It's good to see your still on this side of the turf.

Thanks for the kind words Neil.  Man, i haven’t been to Grand Haven since 2002 -- time flies, doesn’t it?  I’m sure i’ll eat fast food again someday; but, I tend to be OCD and right now, the thought of breaking my streak is bothersome. When i do, i sure hope it doesn’t become a regular occurrence like it was for most of my life. 

• Like 2

The new/used Heresys have type AA networks with Zener diodes.   They appear to have been used by a band or in a DJ biz.   Note the dual female TRS jacks and the cast frame woofers.

If Heresys ever came with AA networks, It's news to me.  All drivers work.  They'll be better than good when I'm done with them.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

The doctors aren't blowing smoke when they give people the lecture. 

Went to a doctor once and he asked if i smoked.  I said, “only when i’m on fire.”  He couldn’t stop laughing, i finally had to tell him, “Doc, it wasn’t that funny."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

The new/used Heresys have type AA networks with Zener diodes.   They appear to have been used by a band or in a DJ biz.   Note the dual female TRS jacks and the cast frame woofers.

If Heresys ever came with AA networks, It's news to me.  All drivers work.  They'll be better than good when I'm done with them.

i have some H1 and H2 ... someday i’d like to have them opened up and give them some new parts. I’ve alway liked the Heresy.

• Like 3

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I’m sure i’ll eat fast food again someday; but, I tend to be OCD and right now, the thought of breaking my streak is bothersome.

Nothing wrong with breaking your streak, like someone said it all in moderation. Back when we were eating better we were not trying to torture ourselves, when we felt like eating something on occasion we would.

The strange part was almost always it was not nearly as good as we remembered, and like OT said it made us feel terrible, this helped to eat right.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

After I stopped, I tried some.  My body was then not accustomed to the horror.  Just remembering how crappy I felt afterwards has kept me away.  Keep the streak going Stew.

Thanks. I know when the weather warms up and i do some traveling, I’ll have to eat some; but, I’ll just wear all black to honor the end of the streak. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Went to a doctor once and he asked if i smoked.  I said, “only when i’m on fire.”  He couldn’t stop laughing, i finally had to tell him, “Doc, it wasn’t that funny."

Reminds me of a joke

A guy asked he new friend if she smoked after sex, she said I don't know i never looked ! :huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Thanks. I know when the weather warms up and i do some traveling, I’ll have to eat some; but, I’ll just wear all black to honor the end of the streak. 

You can still eat right it if your careful.

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

maybe we should meet up at the first home game in Vegas?

If your talking about Raiders, that has shortened a few lives in the past, either heart ache or trying to get to the parking lot . :mellow:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

they did.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Isn't the human body designed to last well over 100 years. It's what we do to it in our lifetime that shortens that length.

But have you seen how well it works in the last few years. :o

• Like 1
  • Sad 1