Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:
4 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Just let me know when you decide to swing through Tennessee...

I will ... the birthplace of my Dad actually.

Probably will not, people talk funny, it hot and humid, probably won't happen. :lol::ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

i will take out my hearing aids and go during the winter.  Problem solved.

That would work, I could take you to S Louisiana, hearing aids or not you won't know what there saying. :mellow: I have an accent and can't understand most of what they say in some places.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, dtel said:

That would work, I could take you to S Louisiana, hearing aids or not you won't know what there saying. :mellow: I have an accent and can't understand most of what they say in some places.

Those cajuns talk real funny...

18 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I will ... the birthplace of my Dad actually.

I picked up a new Taylor the other day Bruce.  

unnamed.jpg

Sweet!

I really want a large bodied guitar again, but can't justify it (financially or otherwise)

Been looking a a Martin D-21 Special... A more understated D-28... still rosewood, but not as fancy appointments. Only 300 made in 2017

Bruce

D-21.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, Marvel said:

Those cajuns talk real funny...

Sweet!

I really want a large bodied guitar again, but can't justify it (financially or otherwise)

Been looking a a Martin D-21 Special... A more understated D-28... still rosewood, but not as fancy appointments. Only 300 made in 2017

Bruce

me too!  I was playing earlier today and realized that i want a dreadnaught.  This body is small ... the Tasmanian Blackwood is nice to look at and has a pretty good sustain; but, it can be a bit bright. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Having that at your age is better than when a kid, you will slow down as you get older, somewhat. 

I never thought going in many directions was from being slow, or dumb, it seemed to be more of what you said ADHD or similar. Kind of bouncing off the walls with ideas and different directions can at times be hard to deal with as far a figuring out what you really want to do. 

I kind of somewhat do the same thing, I can easily get the general idea of what I want, then the problem starts.

Out in the garden tiki bar I am changing what was a simple sink to wash glasses or whatever in to the same but with a good size counter top for extra space for parties. Simple right, not really, I have moved the sink around to 5 different positions looking at different ideas to build. When I decide on something I think it to death so I don't finish thinking "i wish i would have done it like this". I do this with everything, I can't help it, it drives my wife crazy.

we just have a problem thinking in a linear manner. An idea is like a starburst

• Like 2