Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You must not have very smart Dr's where you live.

I could not agree more.  I have seen more doctors all my life than make sense. My mom was an RN and half the family friends were doctors. I came to the attention of all my schools, and nothing. Then again I grew up in Idaho.  Not exactly the most enlightened place on the planet.  The funny thing is that once it was diagnosed, it made complete sense out of my trainwreck of a life. And literally everyone I have told responds with "I could have told you that," to which I reply "Then why the hell didn't you." The drugs really do make a difference.  Fixes an imbalance in the brain.  But that is only part of it.  Just as people have commented about health, out past catches up with us, and I have a lifetime of bad habits that no drug can stop.  Just because I have more focus does not mean is goes where it should.  If any of you have kids and the question comes up, take it seriously and have them evaluated.  Don't get worried about the drugs. They are necessary, and we have been taking them for over a century. In fact they were over the counter for the longest time.,

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Haha....he never went to the doctor.

I gave blood last week. The nurse said I sure filled the bag quickly....I hope that's a good sign :D

I saw plenty of doctors, just not very smart ones.  I did not give blood last week.  I tend to pass out when they take my blood.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

I saw plenty of doctors, just not very smart ones.  I did not give blood last week.  I tend to pass out when they take my blood.  

Passing out isn't good.

This was at a mobile blood vehicle, a huge bus, was at our church. The giving of blood didn't mess with me at all, but being in a closed area and the bus shifting when people walked around messed with me a lot. I do have a certain amount of claustrophobia, and still trying to figure out the Vertigo/dizziness problem, I do know I needed to get out of that bus towards the end.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, WillyBob said:

y'all lookin like JerryGarcia, too?

HaHaHa

my buddy says I look like the Templar guard [of the chalice] in IndianaJones and the Last Crusade ...

I asked,  "You mean tired?"

Grand is here. Was telling her that grandpa got a stereo ... and she won't be able to put her hand to these speakers and say it's not working because it isn't loud enough.. She could crawl into the scalas

I attempted that too, lifting my grandson up and kind of putting him In the 402. He did not like that. Told me it looked like a Transformer and put him the heck down!!!  (No grandchildren were harmed in this exercise and the system was off, no sound) 

• Like 3

You guys who get faint giving blood, this is common.  I get faint from sharp pains, like twisting an ankle.  Also, I have become faint after being given a shot by a nurse who was too rough with the needle.  

There's a name for this:  

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/vasovagal-syncope/symptoms-causes/syc-20350527

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, T2K said:

When my Dad was in the hospital around 2 years ago I was waiting for him to return to his room when a nurse came in. We talked about his condition for a few minutes. She told me about a 27 year old marathon runner that had dropped dead that morning just down the hall. She sad you can't beat the genes.

My Dad's mother lived to within a few days of 100 years. She was a farmers wife. If they didn't raise it or grow it they didn't eat. My Dad passed away a few months ago at the age of 86. Dementia/Alzheimer's. My MIL will be 91 in a few months. She's dying now from cancer.

Before I retired I worked with a large group (hundreds) of males. One female, and she had large perky breasts ( she has nothing to do with this post, I just wanted to point that out, statistically). Two of these guys died at 37, one at 47 and several others at various 'young' ages. From different causes. I remember the company, in their quest to reduce Union employees, released a study that told them that 7 % would die early and that was part of the study, 7 % attrition thru 'death'. The study was pretty much spot on.

I worked a physical job since I was 24. My normal weight was around 172. Right now 175. I ate the protein and worked it off. I've never been fat, obese or overweight. I got plenty of exercise and loved to work. I loved a good challenge. Like Jeff said, if I put on a few extra pounds I just slowed down on the eating and the weight dropped off. Right now I wear jeans that I wore 20 years ago.

The small things that we do over our lifetimes add up in the end. The bad things accumulate and surface later in life. Our environment, the things we eat, activity and even our DNA determine longevity. Since I can't work much now I continue to have sex regularly. It doesn't really help my condition but it sure is fun. For mental fun I try to help others financially that deserve the help.

I hope you all live nice long lives but don't ever think you're going to get out of here alive. As Forrest said, chit happens.

Keith

Could you elaborate about those "large perky breasts"?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Passing out isn't good.

This was at a mobile blood vehicle, a huge bus, was at our church. The giving of blood didn't mess with me at all, but being in a closed area and the bus shifting when people walked around messed with me a lot. I do have a certain amount of claustrophobia, and still trying to figure out the Vertigo/dizziness problem, I do know I needed to get out of that bus towards the end.

It supposedly is not the loss of blood but the vagus response.  I had a period where I was getting my blood taken a lot, like every 2 days, and I fell onto the little table and passed out twice.  Then thee next time I totally passed out and fell onto the floor.  When they finally got me starting to regain consciousness it annoyed me because it felt so wonderful. And then when I was alert I noticed that there was crowd and a stretcher. My doctor told me that I was a "lay down" for all blood tests after that.  And I was for about 20 years, but had my blood taken the other day and I sat up with no problems.  It is funny how we can be susceptible to something like that, and we all have something. Next time the mobile blood suckers come around give them a pint for me.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

You guys who get faint giving blood, this is common.  I get faint from sharp pains, like twisting an ankle.  Also, I have become faint after being given a shot by a nurse who was too rough with the needle.  

There's a name for this:  

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/vasovagal-syncope/symptoms-causes/syc-20350527

Vagi......what!  :D

6 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Could you elaborate about those "large perky breasts"?

Only Chuck would concentrate on that line, out of all that he said:P

1 minute ago, vasubandu said:

It supposedly is not the loss of blood but the vagus response.  I had a period where I was getting my blood taken a lot, like every 2 days, and I fell onto the little table and passed out twice.  Then thee next time I totally passed out and fell onto the floor.  When they finally got me starting to regain consciousness it annoyed me because it felt so wonderful. And then when I was alert I noticed that there was crowd and a stretcher. My doctor told me that I was a "lay down" for all blood tests after that.  And I was for about 20 years, but had my blood taken the other day and I sat up with no problems.  It is funny how we can be susceptible to something like that, and we all have something. Next time the mobile blood suckers come around give them a pint for me.

I will. The guy in front of me gave a double dose, never heard of that.

• Like 2

Before my father died he needed blood frequently and I got to thinking about where it all came from.  I think about him every time I give blood which is about 4 times a year.  It's actually good for your body too as it puts you in a replenishment mode while your body creates more red blood cells.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

After an event once, the actress Rhona Mitra walked by and i introduced myself. She stopped, introduced herself, and we talked for a bit.  I remember getting this king of geeks meets the prom queen feeling. Afterwards, i wondered if i had blacked out on my feet because i only remembered parts of our conversation. Nobody said anything, so i guess i did alright. 

Needles, giving blood, those things don’t bother me ... a real pretty gal showing me attention -- THAT’S what makes me nervous!

I get it now...girls who speak foreign

languages or foreign countries....you do ok !

• Like 2