Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

oh yeah ... I know some of you will find this hard to believe; but, I haven’t eaten fast food or visited a restaurant since I got a pizza on New Years Eve.

So, if you own stock in Del Taco, you should probably sell.  Honestly, i no longer crave fast food or going out to eat. This change would be so much better if i knew how to cook.

I can fry an egg, so a lot of fried egg, grilled cheese sandwiches; or I buy stuff and my brother cooks it (he can cook). 

And, i started working out again. Yeah, i’m just awesome now.

Are you trying to fix health issues?

• Haha 1

off to a slow/late start

wife kept me up until it was my normal wake up.

No ... she was grading papers. 

if you get with a teacher ...that what you are in for. underpaid and overworked

by the hour, she almost makes minimum wage

and leftover coffee, too

tearin' it up this AM

• Like 4

7 hours ago, dtel said:

Odd people attract the same, what can we say ? :wacko: You just fit in, kind of scary I know.

You two are not even close, Vasubandu is all over the place some times, it's hard to even keep up, no telling which direction he is going next. I tried to keep up but I gave up, it's like trying to catch a hyperactive youngster who had a bunch of coffee, almost impossible. He means well but I'm to old for that much excitement and bouncing around.

He is like the Roadrunner and this is me, retired.....

hammmock90.gif

don't know about you,

I am given to taking a nap midday. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:
11 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

oh yeah ... I know some of you will find this hard to believe; but, I haven’t eaten fast food or visited a restaurant since I got a pizza on New Years Eve.

So, if you own stock in Del Taco, you should probably sell.  Honestly, i no longer crave fast food or going out to eat. This change would be so much better if i knew how to cook.

I can fry an egg, so a lot of fried egg, grilled cheese sandwiches; or I buy stuff and my brother cooks it (he can cook). 

And, i started working out again. Yeah, i’m just awesome now.

Are you trying to fix health issues?

I saw your posts in the ketchup thread, lol, and then this one.  I am interested because I reversed some early-stage health issues by change in diet and exercise.  If that's what you're after, good luck and keep at it.  Life without ketchup can be pretty good!  lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Cool!  You been at it since New Year's?  How's progress?

the craving for fast food has gone away completely and i’m really enjoying the exercise -- to the point that i’m bothered if i miss a day for some reason. my biggest obstacle now is that i only eat dinner and my portion size is way too big. i don’t eat sugar or caffeine; but, having trouble cutting back on cheese (other than ketchup, cheese is my biggest weakness). 

While i haven’t lost a lot of weight, my pants are getting looser. actually bought some new Levi’s that are two sizes smaller in the waist. 

in this horribly cold weather, i’ve been on the treadmill and elliptical; but, i’d prefer to be hitting the street instead. 

right now, some progress is better than no progress.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

the craving for fast food has gone away completely and i’m really enjoying the exercise -- to the point that i’m bothered if i miss a day for some reason. my biggest obstacle now is that i only eat dinner and my portion size is way too big. i don’t eat sugar or caffeine; but, having trouble cutting back on cheese (other than ketchup, cheese is my biggest weakness). 

While i haven’t lost a lot of weight, my pants are getting looser. actually bought some new Levi’s that are two sizes smaller in the waist. 

in this horribly cold weather, i’ve been on the treadmill and elliptical; but, i’d prefer to be hitting the street instead. 

Yeah, and you're only in for 7 weeks so far.  A solid and very respectable goal for weight loss is 2 pounds per week.  IMO, more than 3 pounds per week of weight loss would seem maybe a little excessive.  

Though I eat a lot better than I used to, I confess I am far from a saint.  But the exercise easily makes up for it, and even then, I don't exercise for hours on end.  Usually, 45 minutes of alternating running/walking (for me, run 1/4 mile, walk 1/10 mile; repeat for about 40 minutes).  I do other things to mix it up, too, so that I am not stuck on the same thing forever and get tired of it.  I do some power-walking with a group where we walk at a 14 min./mile pace around the track 15 times.  I play basketball Saturday mornings.  Got a pair of dumbells - don't lift heavy, but go for 3 sets of 30 reps or so here and there.  Push ups or whatever.  Just always something, but not always the same thing.   But I always make sure my cardio stuff works up a good, solid sweat.  This, alone, allows me to eat all the junk food I want, and I still eat it.  It's just that I want less of it than I used to years ago.  I eat less deep fried stuff and less thick gravy over everything, but I still enjoy some of those, too.  I enjoy vegetables more than ever.

I've been at it now for 5 years.  It's still fixed in my routine - though I am not a religious fanatic about it.  I just make sure it fits in at least 4 days a week if not more.  They're not always the same days, but almost never Fridays.  

Keep it up!  After a year, you will feel better than you have felt in years. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
5 hours ago, WillyBob said:

off to a slow/late start

:emotion-45:

5 hours ago, WillyBob said:

don't know about you,

I am given to taking a nap midday. 

Can't do it, if I start to fall asleep during the day I get up and do something. Not that I mind but it messes me up, I wake up and the rest of the day i just don't feel right, plus it makes me say up very late at night.

But I have done it a few times out in the hammock by accident. One of those you didn't know you fell asleep until you wake up surprised.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, WillyBob said:

off to a slow/late start

if you get with a teacher ...that what you are in for. underpaid and overworked

by the hour, she almost makes minimum wage

and leftover coffee, too

tearin' it up this AM

My wife teaches little kids. Every day after school she'll be there an hour or two sanitizing the whole classroom.

I am a pro at late afternoon naps :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Consider eating a Big breakfast. I try to get protein, grains, juice  etc. in that meal. A half turkey sandwich piled high on grain bread, a medium sized bowl of grain type cereal and maybe half piece of toast, juice. I am full until the noon snack. Around 12 or1 have an apple and some pretzels, something snack like. You won't be near that hungry at dinner. I've been doing this for about four years and my weight hasn't fluctuated more than 3-5 pounds + - . 

• Like 2