Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

26 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Yes they should. It's detuned for the US market.

--- yep, way down on power. Suspension and handling closer to the "real thing", not power. Although I believe you can buy a kit to unlock more HP, still not near GP power. If I remember around $13K extra?!? She's a beauty -- 

• Like 4

No coffee this morning.  Don’t want to interfere with Red Cross double reds donation at 8:15 am.  Last time I was rejected due to more than six early beats in a minute.  Only time in 50 years I’ve been rejected, at least by the Red Cross.

Second day in a row to awaken to snow on the ground. Yesterday’s was probably considered “measurable” (at least 1/10”). Today is merely a dusting.

B26DE3E1-DCD2-4051-884D-1ED7BFCD84BE.jpeg

• Like 5

Just heard from a good friend from high school.  We were inseparable for a couple of years but when we got to college he met a young lady and it was love at first site.  Dropped me like a hot potato.

Anyway Buddy was very smart about cars and pulled the motor out of my Triumph TR-3A and rebuilt it when he was 18 y/o.  He also fixed a problem on the transmission (broken tooth on the cluster gear).  Parts were ordered from J.C. Whitney of course and lacking a gasket for the transmission cover he used a spiral note book and a ball peen hammer to make one:o

We were young then and like most of you knew no limits.  The confidence of youth......

So fifty years later, he's married to the same lady, retires from a job in IT,  joins FB and sends me a message...... meet me at the south inlet of Wrightsville Beach.  I'll be there with rod & reel, and a cooler".

It will be great to see the old codger:)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Tarheel said:

It will be great to see the old codger:)

Probably what he said, it's going to be good to see each other again, have fun.

It might be a little shocking, you don't feel your age so when you see someone from that long ago they appear much older than you would think, like when you see a pic of an old friend, but your right there with him in age.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

you will look at each other and say "You got OLD!"

They're having a benefit for out town vet. He works CHEAP.  $40 for a neuter, 70 for a spay...

Bar was jammin'. Bikers, locals, cowboys, "hippies"... Figured I would take a look.... in my sarong.

had some fun. The bikers said I needed some leather HaHaHa

5ac943c5b3a38_DSCF0303(2).thumb.JPG.6fa8f3019e82f5b5aad5f30b581992e1.JPG

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

They're having a benefit for out town vet. He works CHEAP.  $40 for a neuter, 70 for a spay...

Bar was jammin'. Bikers, locals, cowboys, "hippies"... Figured I would take a look.... in my sarong.

You shouldn't need a neuter at your age no matter how cheap it is, just say no thanks. :o

Looks like a fun place, I could get lit up in there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Yes I saw his FB cover photo and he is holding up pretty well.  Not as good looking as me mind you........

All that matters is the LF's think so. :emotion-21:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As loco as I am ... I am pretty near "mainstream".

close to being "a respected member" of the community.  Crazy, but harmless.  We set the bar pretty low.

I did a ForrestGump at the park for a while [several years]. Nobody asked me. I just did it because it needed to be done. The old schoolhouse is the one thing that would bring tourists to town, and I thought it would be nice if they could see it w/o fighting their way to it.  And one of the Baptist churches met there while their church was being built. I teased Pastor Rick about losing his flock en route to the door...

I did use the park. That was where I flew broke my helicopters and flew kites. Not at the same time. Some of the kites are a handful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/7/2018 at 6:03 AM, Tarheel said:

Just heard from a good friend from high school.  We were inseparable for a couple of years but when we got to college he met a young lady and it was love at first site.  Dropped me like a hot potato.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

i’m in contact with exactly zero friends from my youth.

I normally don't follow this thread but saw Big Stew's anecdote on the timeline and felt similarly until I joined Facebook a couple of months ago. @Mallette is the only FB Friend whom I've never met and 20 of the 30 people I limited myself to "friend" I hadn't had personal contact since there was an internet. :huh: That said, you mentioned earlier that you hadn't had a substantive conversation on the Forum and it reminded me that most of the important conversations I've had in the last 15 years actually had been here. {Of course not here in the Lounge. ;)}  

• Like 1