Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

7 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Automotive Q

where does that blue haze on the inside of the windshield come from … 

Do you let your application of blue window cleaner dry by itself, or is your rag blue afterwards, or do you use something blue, because your windshield is becoming tinted it sounds like....

Had to work most all day today, and that's all I could think about, except I'm glad too, that beer isn't blue

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think this would be categorized under the sub-topic "cables"

because I saw a list of songs from back in the day.... however, Jimi died in 1970, but he was in the list

*These first three song's, were a favorite evening ritual in my College day's,

which radiated throughout my old Victorian Cottage I rented,

while cooking Chicken Fried Steak on an antique 40" OKeefe & Merrit Oven,

listening to a Kenwood Receiver, spinning a  Dual 1228

Group

Song

Time

* Rolling Stones

Can't you Hear me Knocking

7:14

* Steve Miller

Seasons

3:50

* Fleetwood Mac

Future Games

8:15

Ventures

Walk Don't Run

2:02

Faces 

Around the Plynth

5:58

Pure Prairie League

Angel #9

4:55

Blind Faith

Sea of Joy

5:22

Delbert McClinton

Autograph

3:45

Stevie Nicks

Landslide

3:48

The Moody Blues

Lovely to See You

2:34

Jimmy Buffett

A pirate looks at 40

3:57

Eagles

Take it Easy

3:29

Jimi Hendrix 

May this be Love

2:55

…what if there was a station that wasn't roped into the confines of a generic listening audience,

perhaps some day in the future, we'll hear a set like this, from Hank to Hendrix. 

In the mean time, you may see why I drive people crazy, with my 2nd hour of selected favorites. 

It's hard to even find a Juke Box like this

Hank Williams, Sr

I'm so Lonesome I could Cry

Guy Clark 

the Randall Knife

Max Stallings

Sparks

Adam Carroll

the Snow Cone Man

Lucidia Williams

Car Wheels on a Gravel Road

Marshall Tucker

24 Hours at a Time

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Free Bird

ZZ Top

I need you Tonight

Nirvana

Come as you Are

Rush

Working Man

Jimi Hendrix

Changes from Band of Gypsys

If hour three rolled around, I would lock the studio door's, and plug in the generator, so I couldn't be stopped...…

these tunes would emanate thru the walls. 

I use emanate, with reasonable expatiations, because I used to own a pair of Klipsch LaScalla Speakers

I found them in the classifieds one weekend, and went to see them in this couples apartment,

and the guy was definitely a stereo freak, and his wife, not. 

I understood the minute after he turned them up, to display their efficiency, that they were the Worlds finest Speaker,

because his wife came in and slapped the crap out of him, for making too much noise at 9PM.

Jimi Hendrix

Machine Gun I from Isle of Wight

Johnny Winter

Johnny B Goode

Rolling Stones

Midnight Rambler from Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out !

Ten Years After

Goin Home from Woodstock

Led Zeppelin

in my Time of Dying from Physical Graffiti

Robin Trower

Victims of the Fury

Black Sabbath

Iron Man

Doors

Light my Fire

U2

With or Without You

Pink Floyd 

Us and Them

Jimi Hendrix

Hear my Train a Comin' from Rainbow Bridge

I like to end With a Jimi Hendrix Tune, because each of his song's end like a plane coming in for a landing, and then it's over.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

That makes no sense.  if it condensed in my underwear it would not be on the windscreen.  I understand you were probably desperate for a post.  C'mon. man!

I'm not desperate for anything..

I just dont  care !

And by the way.... When your outgassing... The particulate can and will condense ... In your underwear....

It's called a skid mark.....

And the condensing is called a shart..

Whether you threw it on your dash..

Or out your window... And it lands on a windscreen.. That's your business..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

=== seems the CCC thread is becoming quite "stale" with talk of underwear, starts, farts, outgassing etc. I though it a good time to show the love for our south and southeastern members.

Yep, thought I'd try my first taste of Dukes Mayo. Only one tasting early this morning with my customary half turkey sandwich on toasted wheat or oat grain bread. A small sampling but it fared well. Well ahead of Kraft, a tough call betweeen Dukes and Hellmans but for those not familiar, you should give Heinz Mayo a try. It may top them all.

OK, continue with the latest on outgassing - 

IMG_0076.JPG

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

I'm not desperate for anything..

I just dont  care !

And by the way.... When your outgassing... The particulate can and will condense ... In your underwear....

It's called a skid mark.....

And the condensing is called a shart..

Whether you threw it on your dash..

Or out your window... And it lands on a windscreen.. That's your business..

Lame.  Better luck next time.

17 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Also lame response.  Give it up for today, try again with fresh coffee tomorrow.  You are not impressing today.  But hey, it's a holiday.

It's unfortunate that we can't meet up.. What I type is not conveying the information...

But within a half hour...you will realize that I'm the gas on the fire..

1 hour ago, richieb said:

=== seems the CCC thread is becoming quite "stale" with talk of underwear, starts, farts, outgassing etc. I though it a good time to show the love for our south and southeastern members.

Yep, thought I'd try my first taste of Dukes Mayo. Only one tasting early this morning with my customary half turkey sandwich on toasted wheat or oat grain bread. A small sampling but it fared well. Well ahead of Kraft, a tough call betweeen Dukes and Hellmans but for those not familiar, you should give Heinz Mayo a try. It may top them all.

OK, continue with the latest on outgassing - 

IMG_0076.JPG

Slather? 

yikes!

But that is THE only mayo that's been in this house since before I can remember (60s)

No sugar, never.

Sugar is for pecan pie and pound cake.

Not your dagwood (sub).

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Slather? 

yikes!

But that is THE only mayo that's been in this house since before I can remember (60s)

No sugar, never.

Sugar is for pecan pie and pound cake.

Not your dagwood (sub).

=== yes, slather. I don’t chew my cabbage twice (until now).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I tried the overpriced Dukes using a coupon.  It has nothing on Hellmans.  It's not bad, not like Kraft is not only horrid but supports a cheating nfl club.  But for the money and even overall Hellmans or Best Foods is a better deal.

Wow! they don't overprice it here... well we don't buy it when it's $3.50 or more a qt. It can be had for 2.25 somewhere when we need it.  It can go bad on the shelf at that price. Heck without any real bread since that eight years declared war on American food I don't make sandwiches too much anymore. The miracle and hellish sweet stuff don't do chicken, potato or turkey salads right around here (no sugar allowed in there either).

* I say real bread because without that little bit of saturated fat bread isn't bread anymore. I miss potato chips too!

Yep "the end is nigh!"

"I tol you so!"

• Haha 1

Mayo is supposed to be essentially an emulsion of eggs and oil.  Hellman's is globally recognized as the best mass produced mayo, much as French's mustard is recognized as the best prepared simple mustard. Duke's doesn't have any egg flavor detectable.  That is what makes it inferior.