Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hope I don't hurt myself getting ready for this road trip.  Trying to do the impossible. Preemptive maintenance.  Can't cut the grass before it grows... that kind of stuff.

Automotive Q

where does that blue haze on the inside of the windshield come from ... it not from smoking?  A/C ... heater?

Wait til starbux get hold of that, Dirtmudd.  lol  Munchies included...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Hope I don't hurt myself getting ready for this road trip.  Trying to do the impossible. Preemptive maintenance.  Can't cut the grass before it grows... that kind of stuff.

Automotive Q

where does that blue haze on the inside of the windshield come from ... it not from smoking?  A/C ... heater?

Wait til starbux get hold of that, Dirtmudd.  lol  Munchies included...

Yeah I hate cleaning the inside of the wind shield.  Awkward to get at and never cleans as well as you think.  Off gassing?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, babadono said:

Huh? All those songs did not come out in 1976. So the list is what? The top songs of the last 5 years?

Oh and happy Labor Day all my C,C and C buds.:)

Its a pretty impressive list, no matter how many years. When the worst song on the list is the only Beatles song (not a Beatle hater here), it's a darn good list.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, windashine said:

Early Monday Morning - 3SEP18 - gently waving 

DSC01804.JPG

Workers across the country will be kicking back, firing up the grill and relishing the last gasps of summer on Monday to celebrate Labor Day. But even though the federal holiday is meant to observe hard-won gains for workplace rights and working standards over the years, many workers won’t be resting with paid time off.

Unlike most other developed countries, the U.S. does not like to mandate that employers give workers any time off with pay. Just as there is no federal requirement regarding vacation or sick days, there is no law regarding paid holidays. So even though the federal government closes for official holidays like Labor Day, private employers don’t have to give workers the day off. And if they do, they don’t have to pay them.

It’s not like that in many other countries. A 2013 analysis of laws in 21 of the world’s wealthiest nations found that 13 of them mandate some number of paid holidays. Austria and Portugal guarantee 13. Belgium, Germany and New Zealand guarantee 10. France only guarantees one, but the country mandates a whopping 30 days of paid vacation. The U.S. guarantees none of either.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/enjoy-labor-day-apos-lucky-094519020.html

• Like 2