Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

It's been pretty hot in Texas this summer.... to make life easier, I moved the couch to the garage and laid out my cabinet project across the Den floor... nevertheless, Thursday morning around here starts out with my Dewalt flashlight and a Sprinkler head observation at 4:30, it seems to get chilly walking down the sidewalk to check the head's along the curb, The neighborhood HOA has the timer... and the trashcan has to be out by 7 - check, 2 cup's all done, coffee filter dumped, now, somehow, I need to get to work through the morning traffic, never a dull moment around here lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, richieb said:

=== nothings off limits here, you should know that. It’s all in the phrasing and innuendo — never an issue. 

Now that sounds like a description of how politicians speak. :lol:

49 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

That's the truth...or is it?

These days the truth is what you can make it appear to be. 

Even facts are twisted

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dtel said:

These days the truth is what you can make it appear to be. 

Even facts are twisted

It's called 'spin'. And those who twist facts 'spin doctors'.

"What's bad is good, what's good is bad, you'll find out when you reach the top you're on the bottom" --Robet Zimmerman

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Since people are putting up pics of their machines, here's mine.  My coffee machine of choice for the last 5 years or more, A Melitta 46894.  Feature rich and does the job.. A Stainless steel thermal carafe.  When not holding coffee,  you can use it to crack walnuts.  This thing is built tough.  I pity the fool that has to worry about breaking their fragile little glass pots. 😀  By choosing robust at a button push, you slow the drip, making a stronger pot, using less of your stash, while doing so.  A nice feature. 

Some dude has tripled the new price and is selling one used for $198 on Amazon.  A bit of wishful thinking, I believe. 

https://www.amazon.com/Melitta-46894-Coffeemaker-Standard-Packaging/dp/B005L3NIRS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1535664669&sr=8-2&keywords=melitta+46894   

22033940448435p.jpeg

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Shiva said:

By choosing robust at a button push, you slow the drip, making a stronger pot, using less of your stash while doing so. 

We still talking about coffee ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Walnuts are easy.  Try macadamias.

Lol,   I have, a tough nut to crack,  a hammer is the tool of choice for that nut., though they do sometimes get away from you and will careen across the room.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2