Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

So assume for a moment that I take the 5 year assignment in Greece. I can take 3,000 lbs air shipment and whatever fits in a 40' container surface shipment. I wonder what the used market would be like if I chose to leave a trio of Cornwall IIIs and a pair of Jubilees in Greece when I come back? If there is nice value it might make it look like an "investment" to the wife unit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This was a serious question. I am looking at houses / apts and on an expat forum there is a lot of talk about extremely high import fees that I wouldn't have to pay to move household goods into country.

The potential man cave: http://www.xe.gr/property/en/enoikiaseis|katoikies|politeia|363019357.html

• Like 3

• Moderators

Greece is looking better after seeing those pictures.

6 minutes ago, USNRET said:

extremely high import fees

This would make anything you bring in worth a good bit more, like speakers. 

That would be a tough decision, but could be fun ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, USNRET said:

So assume for a moment that I take the 5 year assignment in Greece. I can take 3,000 lbs air shipment and whatever fits in a 40' container surface shipment. I wonder what the used market would be like if I chose to leave a trio of Cornwall IIIs and a pair of Jubilees in Greece when I come back? If there is nice value it might make it look like an "investment" to the wife unit.

What was the forum gents name who lived in Greece.  Doesn't post anymore.....think his hearing was going. 

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

$3500 per month, for furnished, indoor pool, private rooftop, etc, etc.....company paid?  Any other perks?  Paid housekeeper?  I paid more than that for a smaller, unfurnished dump in Singapore.....

Expat forums are your best friend.

Company pays rent plus 20% of my base salary for living expenses. There is another 20% for being there in the field. I  (the company) paid $3000 a month for a one room "apt" in Korea. Car / fuel supplied. Daughter's cost of high school in Athens (American Community School) paid. We pay out of state costs for my son to attend U.T. in Austin.

3 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Company pays rent plus 20% of my base salary for living expenses. There is another 20% for being there in the field. I  (the company) paid $3000 a month for a one room "apt" in Korea. Car / fuel supplied. Daughter's cost of high school in Athens (American Community School) paid. We pay out of state costs for my son to attend U.T. in Austin.

I'm sure they are wanting you to make a decision soon.....that's a tough one. 

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

What was the forum gents name who lived in Greece.  Doesn't post anymore.....think his hearing was going. 

Maxg but it's been 3 years since he has been around.

Edit; you beat me to it

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/profile/4283-maxg/&wr=eyJhcHAiOiJmb3J1bXMiLCJtb2R1bGUiOiJmb3J1bXMtY29tbWVudCIsImlkXzEiOjg2MTc1LCJpZF8yIjo5MzMwMTB9

• Thanks 1