Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

32 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I'm sure they are wanting you to make a decision soon.....that's a tough one. 

Hiring manager comes off medical leave Sept 10th so gotta put in by then. Then there is standard S>L>O>W> corporate protocol...do we have enough candidates to meet HR rules...eh, you called me, I didn't apply and the clandestine call out of the blue for me to get ready.... Amazingly after 18 years with this company and holding several different agencies' clearances that were re-investigated a year ago, I would have to go thru an initial hire screening...WTF? Yo, I have a suggestion to save money my dear company.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just the way it works in smoke filled rooms (sorry, no smoking on company property). Names are bantered about and a discreet call from someone you have known over the years puts a bug in your ear. If you don't answer the call it goes on your "permanent record" with the principle. I have turned down one such call to a place that I would not go but the others (Korea, China, Atlanta, Corpus) I have answered.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, USNRET said:

Just the way it works in smoke filled rooms (sorry, no smoking on company property). Names are bantered about and a discreet call from someone you have known over the years puts a bug in your ear. If you don't answer the call it goes on your "permanent record" with the principle. I have turned down one such call to a place that I would not go but the others (Korea, China, Atlanta, Corpus) I have answered.

I was asked to go to Egypt back in 1988.  Turned that down, and instead went to Southern Maryland.  Should have gone to Egypt.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I was asked to go to Egypt back in 1988.  Turned that down, and instead went to Southern Maryland.  Should have gone to Egypt.

MD was that much fun?!?  wow, I never knew.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Yes sir.  Although the landscape was beautiful, and the blue crabs and oysters were plentiful back then, the political and social local atmosphere was decidedly toxic.

Not to mention the locals, er rereading I guess you did mention the locals.:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm WIDE awake now.

Been trying to trap Mr.Skunk's compa...  Several days of finding the trap sprung, nobody home... This AM was no different. Went out.. trap is sprung. Have the door half open when I realize we have a customer. A passing glance this AM revealed nothing but the door closed...  I nested the trap into a small box to facilitate removal prior to seting the trap. Made things easy. Got this one gone w/o any "leakages"...

2 weeks ......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Must be from Alabama

I think it's from the same dummies that said bugs & wiley and pink & the aardvark were too violent for the young-ins and then we ended up with the dark and demonic Sat.am shows for kids.

Acme has a fix for it I'm sure!

(Sure) it's not `cause you are north of the mason-dixon is it?:tongue:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1