Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

In all due respect, especially since you were the one to start this topic in 2014, I have coffee on my list for "gettin" tomorrow.... I'm gonna try the Mayorga beans.... Thank you for writing the post above, and swaying me from typing six lines of ( coffee <---> beer ) ( coffee <---> crown royal ) ( coffee <---> dinner ) ahhhh ( coffee <---> 4 gauge Romex speaker wire ) lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I passed by/over a fresh one... 5 miles later at the BP checkpoint, it still stunk in the car. I can see folks wrecking their car to avoid the B/W kitty. If you hit the thing, the car is ruined just the same...

I kind of like the faint smell of a skunk. Not "in your face" strong, but a slight whiff 😀

16 hours ago, dtel said:

Reminds me of a hitchhiker I seen once, she looked like she was out of a zombie movie. :o

I wouldn't take the chance on hurting yourself, call your sister and tell her I will pick them up. Notice I didn't say "for you" :P

Is there a race to the La Scalas? 

I'll be in South Bend for a football game soon, that's pretty close.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Take the whip sickle out and pretend you are golfing.  I spend a lot of time trying to hit out of the rough.

One club works for everything.  Like a 5 iron.

yeah ... I'm quoting myself lol

When you gonna be in SouthBend?

I'll be in Elkhart/Bristol/Cassopollis the 2nd week in Sept and again the last week of Sept.

Wish these were splits. Make packing them into the "car" easier.

If I drive the Versa, it is going to be close. Contemplating renting a slightly bigger vehicle for the trip. Having a brain fart and can't recall the name...

mas cafe will fix

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Take the whip sickle out and pretend you are golfing.  I spend a lot of time trying to hit out of the rough.

One club works for everything.  Like a 5 iron.

I could do that, I did good until I got on the green.

4 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Contemplating renting a slightly bigger vehicle for the trip. Having a brain fart and can't recall the name...

Rented a bigger car a little over a week ago, needed more space to haul things and people when we went to Fla. We got a Ford Edge from Enterprise car rental  for $225 for a week, unliminted miles. If you call it's more, you need to go into the office and they will give you a better rate.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

I could do that, I did good until I got on the green.

Rented a bigger car a little over a week ago, needed more space to haul things and people when we went to Fla. We got a Ford Edge from Enterprise car rental  for $225 for a week, unliminted miles. If you call it's more, you need to go into the office and they will give you a better rate.

That is DAMN CHEAP !!!   To rent a RAV-4 for 6 (thats SIX) days via ENTERPRISE - (a regular I go to when needed) it was going to cost $443 WITHOUT any do dads !!!:wacko:  I decided to take our own SUV to N.C. this year.....   

• Like 3

• Moderators

It really was cheap, much better price than expected, I don't know why? Our SUV had a problem a couple days earlier with no time to fix so we rented the Edge since it was a 12+ hour trip one way just to get there .

The car was really nice, the Edge was a Titanium edition, not sure what that meant but it had what looked like every addition you could put on a car. It was crazy, whoever they put in charge of the lighting during the design was an overachiever. :o There were lights under the seats, tiny led's on the door locks when unlocked a light everywhere you could possibly ever want one, plus more.  :unsure: The car did great even packed almost to the roof in the rear and with 4 people in it, comfortable car even for a long trip.  

• Like 3

Yes, the Edge is a nice sporty SUV,  not much bigger then my Escape as far as loading room in the rear, (our company owner has one) but nice and TITANIUM anything from Ford is their top of the line package...   You can get that edition in most any SUV or car they make..................although, Ford is dropping all it's CARS by 2020, with SUV's and trucks being made only....  another smart move for a company that DID NOT need to be saved by a 'loan'..........:emotion-21:

• Like 3

• Moderators

I had no idea, I am cheap and never plan on buying a "new" car again, I will keep ours until the wheels fall off. It has 85K miles but had a problem with the hybrid system which I don't like but the car was a really good deal.  :lol: 

I had no idea about the Titanium thing, but it was a nice car and a great price, I don't even know what year it was but looked very close to new. A girl we know who works for the local police dept had used them before and told us go to the office and they will give you a good price and they did, they gave us the key the day before so we could pick it up early the day the rental started which was handy. 

• Like 3