Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Tigerman said:

We have now retired our cheap and worn down glass dishes and bowls...

That is what we really need to do, especially with the glasses which has become a collection of odd and mostly worn out glasses.  Also a collection of small plastic mardi gras glasses for the little kids, those will stay for the kiddies.

I don't have any coasters excluding worn out pot holders,  but kind of a collection of trivets, some wire, brass and cast iron.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dtel said:

You do realize your being ridiculously optimistic with that idea ? 

Sounds like one of those hold my beer ideas. :D 

I know. This capture and release was quite the success, compared to the last skunk removal. Mind you, the house does have a bit of eau d' le pew. Last time, the skunk nuked by the house. Eye watering. This is much better. I did manage to get the trap in a box and wrapped in plastic sheet. It rode on the hood of the Olds. The car IS old and a rolling wreck... but I do still want to be able to use it...

Was half hoping for  the BP to stop me and ask what the box contained.

"It's a bomb... armed and ready to detonate... It's all yours"

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

that is a bloody good idea. I like that!

A chemical version of catapulting flaming loads..

and there are some folks about a half block away  - guessing, w/i range - that need some entertainment. They have way too much energy. So  much, that they have enough to waste on arguing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On my 2nd cup of Folgers 1850... a while back, I showed a picture of my rusted Mr Coffee Pot heater plate, I ended up taking it out of service and buying the most primitive $17 pot in a box, and I revel in my new habit, of never letting water sizzle (for that extra brewing effect) on this new heater plate....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

… in my pantry, is a French press, a burr grinder, and an electric hot water pot, of which saw the light of the morning shinning under the kitchen cabinet counter light for a week, and then... decided to keep it store it away, for another day....

Yes, I remember it was good, but mostly remember nothing about convenience...

• Like 3

I don't make rocket science out of coffee making. Prolly why it isn't consistent...

The only thing that really concerns me is kick.

When I was in Boston, I was faced with a question of "Regular?" All I know is  "Regular or unleaded"... Of course, Regular ... and then was presented with cream and sugar in my coffee. That was new to me.

later... was told to order Black

at this time of day, I would eat beans... Bypass all this preparation crap... lol

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Try the dark chocolate covered coffee beans, they are two treats in one!  I've found them from Hawaii, and from Costa Rica, and both are great.

My kids buy me dark chocolate covered espresso beans.  They call them "buzz beans".  The combination of dark chocolate and espresso beans is addictive as all get out.  I have to take some out of the bag, close the bag and only eat the ones I've removed otherwise I'd OD on them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

NOT to change the subject from skunk launchings I was nosin a bit this morning on some of the auction sites looking for stuff and ran across this.  Not knowing where everyone is from yet I'm gonna toss it out there.  No affiliation, near Philly but TONS of good stuff.  Mc, Levinson, PL, Dahlquist, and vinyl.  It looks like a "take your checkbook kinda day.  https://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/photopanel.cgi?listingid=3128118&category=0&zip=&kwd=

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whew.  That was close.  Now let's get back to skunk launchings.  A lot would depend on how fast the launch took from trigger to airborne.  Too slow and the skunk might have enough time to spray while too close to the intended zone of protection.  Since a spray would be inevitable, prevailing winds are another consideration, because as most Americans know, the smell is detectable from quite a distance.  If the launch can beat the reaction time of a squirrel, a skunk should not present much challenge, except for the reaction time of the skunk from launch to spray.

• Like 3

I dunno how fast a skunk CAN react. Normally, they take quite a bit of provocation before you get blessed.    aside from the "anal seepage".

that doesn't mean they can't do it fast...

was "watching" the show on the Royals and they showed a ticker tape parade

my first thought

What a great idea. Tossing garbage out of upstairs windows at dignitaries as they parade by...

• Like 3

Our neighborhood had a skunk issue years ago.  Our next door neighbors called animal control, but did not want their dogs engaging with the creatures for various reasons.  The most important of which is the high risk of rabies.  So our yard got to be the venue for live traps.  Put an egg in and the next morning a skunk is trapped.  The problem was the act of the door closing and subsequent entrapment made the critters spray.  It was an odiferous few weeks.  Luckily it does take time for them to reload.  Animal control would come out and take them far enough into the wild and set them free, as long as no signs of rabies were detected.

• Like 2

rabies is always an issue here. That is my big worry with them being around. 

The first one I relocated, lived here... Played with the cats. Came in thru the cat door [with the cats] a few times that we know of. In hindsight... it was pretty familiar with the layout. When I shoo'd it.. It just waddled out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

My kids buy me dark chocolate covered espresso beans.  They call them "buzz beans".  The combination of dark chocolate and espresso beans is addictive as all get out.  I have to take some out of the bag, close the bag and only eat the ones I've removed otherwise I'd OD on them.

And vibrate the rest of the day:)

• Haha 3