Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

9 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Mayo...  Sure there are a million kinds of Mayo but why is it everytime I'd like some mayo I take one look at the jar and throw it in the trash?  😂

the jar is empty or contents are green. 

9 hours ago, windashine said:

a stop at the Pop Hudleys Bait Shop and Pedalboats for a Hot Dog with Ketchup and Onions, Mmm mmmm…...

whata ya expect from a bait shop... You sure you weren't given catfish bait?

I have been seen putting ketchup on a Loko moko... that is all

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, USNRET said:

WORK and it ain’t at a gym.

1973 entered boot camp at 5’4 and 118

Exited boot camp at 6’ and 165; yep those uniforms needed renewed. You will likely think this is false, it’s not.

Maintained 6’ to 6’2” at 165 for many years.

Balloned to 215 while shrinking to 6’  and now back to 168.

How?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

How?

10 hours ago, USNRET said:

Exited boot camp at 6’ and 165; yep those uniforms needed renewed. You will likely think this is false, it’s not.

Heisenberg.jpg

• Like 3

Dang you boys are quiet talkative.......took a while to catch up😄

But seriously let me end the debate with the correct answer.  I am a former Hellman's mayo user but switched to Duke's and never looked back.  So the correct answer is.....Duke's.  Miracle whip is junk by the way.

As for hotdogs....I rarely eat one but when I do I order a pair.  One with mustard, chili, slaw.  The other with mustard, chili, sauerkraut. 

When I was in Hope, and at the employee luncheon,  I had a diet Dr. Pepper.....the first soft drink I have had in at least 10 years.  The drinks were in cans and submerged in ice.  Man was it tasty. 

Okay so with my culinary picks.....you too can order like a rock star!  Bon appetit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'm late to the game on the hot dog thing. For sure 100% no ketchup/catsup. I learned this lesson early in life at the Wieners Circle in Chicago. I dare anyone to go into this place after midnight and ask for ketchup on your dog. I fell in love with this place long before it showed up in movies with Vince Vaugh or Internet videos propelled it to a must visit location. But actually if you are in Chicago you must visit it. Best dogs on the planet and beyond PG-13 rating for the staff. They do have Ketchup for the burgers and fires see below where one of the owners goes to the hospital over a Ketchup encounter.

Here is what goes on the dog....note no catsup.

grilled Vienna Beef hot dog on a warm poppy seed bun, topped with mustard, onions, relish, dill pickle spears, tomato slices, sport peppers and a dash of celery salt.

Some History:

The Weiners Circle opened for business in 1983.Sometime in the early 1990s (circa 1992) Larry Gold, one of the proprietors, called a drunk and distracted customer an "*******" in order to get his attention. This set off the late-night abuse culture of the restaurant. The atmosphere can range from playful to hostile. Like the time in the ‘90s, when one of the co-owners, Larry, said to a woman, ”*****, what do you want on your burger?” The woman’s husband demanded an apology, to which Larry responded, “**** you.” The man picked up a Heinz ketchup can, hurled it over the counter, and sent Larry to the hospital. The language used by both the staff and customers during these hours is notoriously foul and aggressive. On the weekends, the establishment stays open as late as 5:00 am, drawing many drunken customers who have arrived from bars and clubs. The nightly tips are very high, and people have worked there for ten years or more. In 2008, the restaurant was briefly closed by health inspectors for not having hot running water where employees would wash their hands, and other food safety violations.

In March 2016, the restaurant offered 3-inch "Trump footlong" hot dogs.

In June 2017 they advertised "Paris Accord compliant covfefe".

1024px-Wiener_Circle_Dog.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Sorry, tomatoes do not belong on a hot dog.

I thought the same thing. It is the total package. The Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts. It simply must be tried to be believed. I'm not much of a hot dog guy or tomato guy. I'd truly take a Char-cheddar dog from the WC over a perfect steak. I've tried it without the cheese trying to save calories....a total waste of time. Gone sans tomato, meh. I've had other Chicago dogs so-so.

You fly to Chicago, wait in line and get two, minimum and if you don't like it I'll pay for your dogs and Chuck will pay for your flight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, rplace said:

I thought the same thing. It is the total package. The Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts. It simply must be tried to be believed. I'm not much of a hot dog guy or tomato guy. I'd truly take a Char-cheddar dog from the WC over a perfect steak. I've tried it without the cheese trying to save calories....a total waste of time. Gone sans tomato, meh. I've had other Chicago dogs so-so.

You fly to Chicago, wait in line and get two, minimum and if you don't like it I'll pay for your dogs and Chuck will pay for your flight.

Catsup is just ground up tomatoes.  Neither belong on a hot dog.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, rplace said:

I'm late to the game on the hot dog thing. For sure 100% no ketchup/catsup. I learned this lesson early in life at the Wieners Circle in Chicago. I dare anyone to go into this place after midnight and ask for ketchup on your dog. I fell in love with this place long before it showed up in movies with Vince Vaugh or Internet videos propelled it to a must visit location. But actually if you are in Chicago you must visit it. Best dogs on the planet and beyond PG-13 rating for the staff. They do have Ketchup for the burgers and fires see below where one of the owners goes to the hospital over a Ketchup encounter.

Here is what goes on the dog....note no catsup.

grilled Vienna Beef hot dog on a warm poppy seed bun, topped with mustard, onions, relish, dill pickle spears, tomato slices, sport peppers and a dash of celery salt.

Some History:

The Weiners Circle opened for business in 1983.Sometime in the early 1990s (circa 1992) Larry Gold, one of the proprietors, called a drunk and distracted customer an "*******" in order to get his attention. This set off the late-night abuse culture of the restaurant. The atmosphere can range from playful to hostile. Like the time in the ‘90s, when one of the co-owners, Larry, said to a woman, ”*****, what do you want on your burger?” The woman’s husband demanded an apology, to which Larry responded, “**** you.” The man picked up a Heinz ketchup can, hurled it over the counter, and sent Larry to the hospital. The language used by both the staff and customers during these hours is notoriously foul and aggressive. On the weekends, the establishment stays open as late as 5:00 am, drawing many drunken customers who have arrived from bars and clubs. The nightly tips are very high, and people have worked there for ten years or more. In 2008, the restaurant was briefly closed by health inspectors for not having hot running water where employees would wash their hands, and other food safety violations.

In March 2016, the restaurant offered 3-inch "Trump footlong" hot dogs.

In June 2017 they advertised "Paris Accord compliant covfefe".

1024px-Wiener_Circle_Dog.jpg

Looks awesome! I'd hit that!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Best I've ever had so far because I've not had a Wieners Circle complete with tomatoes  were when I was growing up in NY.  Chili, mustard and chopped onions on a steamed bun.

Fixed that for you.

I agree that sounds like a top 5 all time dog. Never had a bad dog in NY, Crif Dog makes a fine one, perfect while waiting for the phone booth to open up and let you into PDT. As does just about any vendor with a cart in NYC. Any Varsity fans from Atlanta? I was skeptical about the Slaw Dog, but again I kept an open mind (Like some should try with tomatoes) at it was pretty darn good too.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rplace said:

I agree that sounds like a top 5 all time dog.

They've been there for over 50 years.  Gotta be doing something right.   This place is located where I grew up, in upstate NY.

Tomatoes on hot dogs is like pineapple on pizza.   Some people like them but they're not for me.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, USNRET said:

Menu is a daily struggle as Leigh wants the kiddos to NOT be like me in this (and other) regards, The family eats traditional Korean fare at times and I go work in the garage because I cannot deal with the smell, serious when I used the word retch.

Mmmmmm.....kimchi:)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, oldtimer said:

You don't put mayo on ham, do you?   Or miracle whip ffs.

Heck no, ya put the mustard next to the meat.

The mayo on the other side after the swiss or cheddar, lettuce, onions, pickles, bannana peppers, tomato and salt & pepper.

Repeat that and you've got a meal!

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, dwilawyer said:
14 hours ago, USNRET said:

How?

Old age, shrinking plus he's married now. :blush: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1