Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
2 hours ago, babadono said:

Stay safe my friends. Both of you. God Bless you.

Thank you, should be fine expecting cat 1 winds about 65-75, unless they change it again ?

I told the loud mouth grandkid who is 5 we were going to put him on the roof with a rope tied to his leg going into the house, if the rope disappears we will get to a safe place in a center room. :biggrin2: He didn't really completely get it but his mother did. :emotion-21:

1 hour ago, babadono said:

don't know if anybody else here has tried it?

We have not, but the local company makes something similar, but olive oil instead, I need to try it since I like OO.  

• Haha 2

While I am not a fan of double/cross posting. I'm guessing more people read this one thread than the entire Home Theater forum. I'm looking for ideas on how to share a cable box between two TVs on different floors of my house. Please give this a look https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/179202-share-cable-box-or-stream-hdmi/

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rplace said:

While I am not a fan of double/cross posting. I'm guessing more people read this one thread than the entire Home Theater forum. I'm looking for ideas on how to share a cable box between two TVs on different floors of my house. Please give this a look https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/179202-share-cable-box-or-stream-hdmi/

Sell me your LSI splits, and I'll share the secret with you.....and, it has nothing to do with hot dogs or mayo....Really, honest, truly.....scouts honor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, jimjimbo said:

Sell me your LSI splits, and I'll share the secret with you.....and, it has nothing to do with hot dogs or mayo....Really, honest, truly.....scouts honor.

We are getting close to that. I've got to test the LSI bass bins with the Oris horns to see if I want to DIY some bass bins this winter. The LSIs are too ugly for main room use, I have to have a pretty set not just use the LSIs. 75% sure once that is done the LSIs are on the chopping block. I never did make the temporary outdoor theater I had plans for them or a million other things I wanted to do with. The part that bumps it up beyond 75% will be if you still have those super Heresies. They seem like perfect Garage Scala replacements since they are the birch variety and stained :( While a nice looking stain job not quite zebrawood or mahogany are they?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, USNRET said:

Anyone want a 60th anniversary Corvette special edition currently owned by and gifted to me by Jeff Gordon? I will be picking it up after Friday and don't want to pay the insurance.

Sure, will you ship?  Oh, and, what color is it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

No, I purchased them that way.  I'm just having fun with you.  I'm sure you know that.....

I do and I figured they came that way...still one of the better stain jobs I've seen. I'm goofing around too, but quite serious about downsizing. First to go are the LSIs in favor of a more reasonable garage speaker. Next the Forte IIs I've had since I ordered them, never out of the box till at my house. And either the Khorns or Oris. I'm thinking you need a package deal for all of them since you have been unloading some gear and tubes. Surely it is time to resupply.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rplace said:

I do and I figured they came that way...still one of the better stain jobs I've seen. I'm goofing around too, but quite serious about downsizing. First to go are the LSIs in favor of a more reasonable garage speaker. Next the Forte IIs I've had since I ordered them, never out of the box till at my house. And either the Khorns or Oris. I'm thinking you need a package deal for all of them since you have been unloading some gear and tubes. Surely it is time to resupply.

Resupply?  Oh no, you have no idea what I have coming just around the corner.....

Currently working on a pair of one piece LSIs that are really nice, and I've put some top notch components into, as well as redone the crossovers.  However, not going to keep them, and they will be up for offer soon, along with a pair of fiberglass/aluminum edging HIP that have been redone.  I just love working on vintage Klipsch gear.

• Like 2