Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

13 minutes ago, USNRET said:

One chance out of 10,000. Better than the lotto.

But you can spend more, $250 per ticket, win a Tesla and save the whole planet in the process, not just those pesky kids. https://climatexchangeraffle.org/ Tickets go on sale September 12th. Better yet buy a ticket for both and take the saved kid for a ride in your Tesla and have a planet left for the kids to enjoy long after the old geezer in the vette is getting his diaper changed in an old folks home by the kids with no real job prospects left 25 years from now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rplace said:

But you can spend more, $250 per ticket, win a Tesla and save the whole planet in the process,

I hear Tesla's have terrible reliability and you have to take them to an authorized (read expensive) Tesla dealer for service as regular mechanics won't touch it and can't get parts.  A thousand dollars for a taillight lens assembly?  Eleven thousand for a new battery?  No thanks.

+++

Speaking of saving the planet do you know what we call electric vehicles in West Virginia?  Coal fired! 

• Haha 2

Just now, wvu80 said:

I hear Tesla's have terrible reliability and you have to take them to an authorized (read expensive) Tesla dealer for service as regular mechanics won't touch it and can't get parts.  A thousand dollars for a taillight lens assembly?  Eleven thousand for a new battery?  No thanks.

But since you can buy afford few $250 tickets you don't really care about the maintenance do you? What price can you put on being the only guy on the block with an $11K battery?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rplace said:

But since you can buy afford few $250 tickets you don't really care about the maintenance do you? What price can you put on being the only guy on the block with an $11K battery?

I'd rather put that $250 into my West Virginia Retirement Plan, otherwise known as the Super Lotto. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

and the wife's Honda van has had Michelin run flat tires and no spare. Had a flat. Local Honda dealership had broken tire machine with no plans to replace it. Sears had the machine which took two trained apes to use it; one was on days and one on nights! Nearest was in San Antonio 2.5 hours away; run flat good for 50 miles. Class action law suit settlement was to get 300 dollars towards trade in for new van. I bought new wheels, tires, jack and spare.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I'd rather put that $250 into my West Virginia Retirement Plan, otherwise known as the Super Lotto. 

As you see fit. The smart money is on the $1k taillight and bragging rights battery. USNRET has already shown us better odds than the lotto.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, rplace said:

the old geezer in the vette is getting his diaper changed

If I WERE to win the proceeds from the sale would be spent elsewhere. I have owned a '63 split window, a '74 and an '80. It hurts to drop into one now.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, USNRET said:

and the wife's Honda van has had Michelin run flat tires and no spare. Had a flat. Local Honda dealership had broken tire machine with no plans to replace it. Sears had the machine which took two trained apes to use it; one was on days and one on nights! Nearest was in San Antonio 2.5 hours away; run flat good for 50 miles. Class action law suit settlement was to get 300 dollars towards trade in for new van. I bought new wheels, tires, jack and spare.

That sounds like GSA or the Army to me, not Honda. You sure it wasn't a Styker disguised as a van?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, USNRET said:

If I WERE to win the proceeds from the sale would be spent elsewhere. I have owned a '63 split window, a '74 and an '80. It hurts to drop into one now.

I like me a '63. '67/427 is all time favorite. I sold my '79 with hounds tooth "oyster" interior to pay for a semester of college (Go Blue) wanted to get out before I needed the diaper thing. Pretty sure I sold at the absolute bottom of the market, brilliant. Should have bought Lotto tix instead. I'm still good getting in one, out is another story.

• Sad 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, rplace said:

While I am not a fan of double/cross posting. I'm guessing more people read this one thread than the entire Home Theater forum. I'm looking for ideas on how to share a cable box between two TVs on different floors of my house. Please give this a look https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/179202-share-cable-box-or-stream-hdmi/

This will do it.

Option B is if you have wireless at home, you can get Roku stick, plug into HDMI and you can stream from your TWC, Spectrum or other account.  No extra charge.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

This will do it.

Option B is if you have wireless at home, you can get Roku stick, plug into HDMI and you can stream from your TWC, Spectrum or other account.  No extra charge.

I've already suggested that.  His Internet sucks.

• Like 1

When I had the floor replaced in my den and dining room, I had to temporarily modify my router wiring from under the stairs, and just used frog tape for the coaxial outlet up the wall, along the hall, and to the kitchen, where a bar stool earned its' extra badge of appreciation... Sorry I don't have a picture, but it was basic... Basic enough that I left it up for a couple of week's admiring the strength of that green frog tape. 

Positioning your router (or another newer router modem cable thing) around your home, or the distance from your inlet hookup, would save you having swiss cheese holes inside your house.

25 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Option A will work then, just fine. 

I have used them for superbowl parties where we wanted more TVs on same channel, they work like a charm, inside, outside.  

I'm slow today, must not be enough coffee. I can't find what options A, B or C are. Was hoping by posting in the CCC thread I'd drive some more traffic to my HT form post. I don't see an ABC in either. C might be a link from @windashine on how to poke holes in walls, I'm pretty good at that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

@USNRET wow I remember when that contest started like three or more years ago. What was it $99.95 per ticket? Remember it wasn't a measly amount. Forgot which charity it was but remember it was real. Congrats and so sorry you can't use it,  GLWYS!

Pretty nice pic of our downtown from a different angle than all the others.

I know what the Jake version was, not sure about the Jeff.

**viewed the vid and realize that wasn't a one time raffle. LS7 - da^n I was happy with a 16 valve LT1 and that reverse flow cooling down here in the south, it was unbelievable. 99 degrees, stuck in bad highway traffic after hours at 70mph, turn on the ac and watch the engine temp go down 😍.

Long Live the BIG-BLOCK!!!!

• Haha 1