Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

13 minutes ago, dtel said:

Tried some goat a few months back, along with lamb, they can keep both of them. The lamb chops were better than the goat but I already have enough animals I really like, not looking for anymore.

Yes, have eaten some things, I never thought I would, if I had known. Dad was fooled by bro's more than once but liked it a lot. But not goat...soft shell turtle...etc...B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

Never tried Elk but would.

9 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yes, have eaten some things, I never thought I would, if I had known. Dad was fooled by bro's more than once but liked it a lot.

About the oddest thing I tried was Nutria, it's a large rat looking animal, a vegetarian then lives in the marsh, a friend made some Nutria jerky, it was good. But with any kind of jerky, the seasoning is strong so you couldn't tell what the meat was.

Did try eel and octopus sushi, never again, I will stick with Tuna or Salmon. I do love sushi and Ceviche.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First week of this month saw this on our back porch again eating the leaves off of things I can't get to grow because of him and his doe!

No red leaf lettuce out there right now!!

IMG-20181103-180125.jpg

Pretty sure he's one of the ones that hung out here all of last spring, this was in March last year. Here, six miles south of downtown, 30 miles to the outskirts of town from here now!

Scrawny for Snow Creek NC, but in a medium sized metro region he's not full grown yet either.

This was in March this year one morning when there were off and on flurries, three does, two bucks real young.

IMG-20180312-162304.jpg

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

First week of this month saw this on our back porch again eating the leaves off of things I can't get to grow because of him and his doe!

No red leaf lettuce out there right now!!

IMG-20181103-180125.jpg

Pretty sure he's one of the ones that hung out here all of last spring, this was in March last year. Here, six miles south of downtown, 30 miles to the outskirts of town from here now!

Scrawny for Snow Creek NC, but in a medium sized metro region he's not full grown yet either.

This was in March this year one morning when there were off and on flurries, three does, two bucks real young.

IMG-20180312-162304.jpg

Looks like a freezer full.... Talk about organic meat ..

Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolf,

• Like 3
  • Haha 1