Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

14 hours ago, dtel said:

And a small squirt gun, they seem completely shocked and usually look up when squirted from a distance, it how we trained out old cat to stay away from speakers. 

we already use a squirt gun on her. She deaf... Shouting doesn't work. She gets brushed off the audio equipment by hand...

When I was in town, took the opportunity to stop by the used book/record ... store. Wife was noticing that "I play the same music all the time"...  I took that as a hint to buy some CDs. And I did. Snagged a copy of PatBenetar with the House of Blues Band doing swing/jump. That was a pleasant surprise. Went in the store with a very open mind toward my selections and didn't spent near what I was anticipating. Not much struck my fancy.

wet and cool this AM. Wife is "out of town".  Be back Sat... maybe. She is taking her sister to the dentist... in Nogales, Sonora ... Mexico. And then want to Christmas shop in Tucson. I was questioning the rush... but for her, she only has a few days to do it. Work doesn't allow for frivolous stuff like relaxing/have fun.. No time.  I keep telling her to slow down. She will get just as much done w/o having to rework as much/as bad. Still waiting for her to retire, so I can. It a full time job keeping things by myself for 3 or 4.

• Like 2

Be back Sat... maybe.

Those are the key words right there WB!    Break out the sarong, troll a bit w/your mugga and warm those LS up just a tad.  ALL about you right now before the Alabama "Christmas" collection, Elvis "Christmas" collection, Barry Manilow "Christmas" dilly dilly begins.  Saving grace in that playlist should be a lil Manheim Steamroller!  You got this!   😂

• Like 3

18 hours ago, dtel said:

OK I am surely no cowboy but if someone knows the answer...........

They call him a him or steer, so what is a bull, thought male cows were bulls and females cows ? 

Frank Costanza: Let me understand, you got the hen, the chicken and the rooster. The rooster goes with the chicken. So, who's having sex with the hen?

George Costanza: Why don't we talk about it another time.

Frank Costanza: But you see my point here? You only hear of a hen, a rooster and a chicken. Something's missing!

Mrs. Ross: Something's missing all right.

Mr. Ross: They're all chickens. The rooster has sex with all of them.

Frank Costanza: That's perverse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Break out the sarong, troll a bit w/your mugga and warm those LS up just a tad.

.... all part of the plan. A stack of "new" CDs, a pot of spaghetti sauce brewing. fresh coffee.

I can get quite loud during the day. I rationalize it by how much noise the AirForce is making, playing air to air combat training over town. I don't have to listen to it any more. lol. 4 or 5 on a scale of 10 on the dial. 6 is pushing it. Starts get very loud. Liable to get a call from the bar asking to turn it down. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I was reminded in another thread that I need to post an update on my garage facelift.   I'm taking a break from yard work and thought now would be a good time.  The garage is a little under 500 Sq ft.  The plan is to insulate, heat and air condition it.  This will be done with spray foam insulation and a mini split ac/heater.  I settled on a one ton unit but with the spray in insulation I could have probably gotten away with a three quarter ton.  

20181201_084048.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

That should do it.  The old rule of thumb was one ton per 600-900 square ft.  Current thinking is to undersize a bit to keep from cycling too much.  Is it going to be a music room?

Well it will have my 396's in there.......

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1