Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

it has some girth. Not like an Italian cypress.  it's on the south side ... so , yeah, it does shade the house. Need to keep the lower parts pruned so we can walk by it.

late start this AM. Got up at 6:30. Feel pretty good for it. That's 2 - 3 hrs later than I normally get up. Playing catch up on my coffee, though.A few cups behind

Gonna trim the archways in the house with tree trimmings. Generally speaking, I can't do loud smells. Those scented candles kill me. Having real tree in the house is not objectionable.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I hate real christmas trees in the house. The smell is horrible. 

being a city dweller, I presume you prefer exhaust fumes

out here, we get eau d'mesquite smoke.  Most the folks smell of it... almost a definition of Arivacan. Can't be one, if ya don't.

Hey Dave

Better than most the folks doin' demos. Been a few I wanted to kick the stool from under

"Stop doing that! Can't you tell it's in pain!!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

this tissue discussion reminds me of a story.

I visited Anchorage Alaska ... for 2 months.... starting on Christmas.

One day, I was out... -25`.. nose needed to be blown. Did it rustic style. Plug the other nostril and blow.

Fine and dandy ... except this time it Tarzan'd around. Hit my glasses and promptly froze.Made a cute rainbow. Thanks ......

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

oh

my buddy, the IT guy, was telling me that JeffBeck was considered for JimmyPage's position in LedZeppelin when they were putting the band together. An interesting "What if".

Jimmy Page was the one that put LZ together. He knew John Paul Jones from their session days, hired him first. Knew of John Bonham who hooked them up with Plant.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

oh

my buddy, the IT guy, was telling me that JeffBeck was considered for JimmyPage's position in LedZeppelin when they were putting the band together. An interesting "What if".

That would have been a good trip as they both played with the Yardbirds along with Clapton...

Small world ...

• Like 3

Yuuuup they did.  The night I saw them in '67 John Bonham was on the drums.  Don't ask me how or why either.  Walked in just after they started and said Whoa!  They were doing Paul Revere & the Raiders "Kicks" w/all the kicks.  I was like huh am I at the right show?  lol  Small venue, blinding snow storm to drive in for 2 hours to get there but got to meet them all after the show.  Went outside and pulled down a poster from a telephone pole and they all signed it for me.  It's here somewhere I hope.  EC was great and I spent more time talking to him than any of the other guys.  Very personable and when I asked about his guitar strings being white he said they were nylon.  Told him I'd never seen a nylon string so he gave me one.  He was actually the only one who I could understand.  I couldn't understand a word anyone else said because of their heavy British accent.  EC was slow and laid back.  Guess that went w/his slow hand nick.  lol MAYBE about 200 ppl in there because of the snow storm.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Mmmmm, Springbrook Garden's Teen Club in Lima, Ohio.  January or Feb 1967 on a Sunday afternoon.  730 show but was moved back to 430 because of the snow storm.  Got in thru a guy I knew who worked at the Lima radio station I think WCIT.  Maybe it's somewhere on the net.  But it definitely happened.  Now IF you think I'm digging thru stuff looking for that ur crazy!  I'll run across it someday and get ya a pic that is IF the ex didn't steal it and sell it for $50.  l had 3 people bring me items that they bought at her famous garage sales before I got my stuff.  They were kind enough just offering it back to me.  The good stuff is locked up in a friends 2nd gun safe.  Yea, she loved me!  hahaha  :)

Hmmmm now that's nuts.  Just looked on Wiki and the time line for the guys doesn't sync with who actually did the show that day.  But a buddy of mine went with me and he knows who he saw and met too.  Not really too relevant though because back then who really kept track of who got together to do anything at any time.  I know there was something going on w/that show right then because EC told me that.  It happened though!  I graduated in 1967 and it was the winter before that.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

oh

That would have been a good trip as they both played with the Yardbirds along with Clapton...

Small world ...

• Like 2

I agree @billybobbut wiki is sure screwed up cause they talk about a tour 1968 US tour not anything in 1967.  I KNOW who I met that night cause I couldn't believe I was meeting them.  I'm thinking he said John Paul was filling in cause it was something about a passport.  That crap was 50 years ago.  I KNOW I was hangin w/Joe and the Measles a lot but my brain cells weren't that shot.  lolol

• Like 3