Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On 10/1/2021 at 4:44 PM, Shiva said:

This involves a wooden platform, several 12” sub drivers, power amps,  and some partially inflated inner tubes. 👍

I just turn up those twin 18's and go with it.  Not nearly as violent for the old guy.  The chair looks interesting but finding a beautiful blonde to ride with me is the tough part.

On 10/1/2021 at 6:14 PM, RickD said:

Tequila is like a drug to me :o. Goes down so easy, then the alterations start.

Sat down w/a friend in Nashville who only drinks Gran Patron Platinum.  I'd never heard of it but that night while he was playin his cigar box I found out.  We were both dazed and TOTALLY confused but had a lot of laffs.  His wife?  Not so much.  :)

• Haha 3

mornin' all

Kinda fresh this AM and I'm not moving too good yet. I need to bask in the sun.... It is around 45`F. Windows are half open. It might be 65` in the house... maybe. Prolly close to 55`.

I visited Liliput Friday. Went to the school for a minute. I was a head taller than anyone in the place.... and that was staff. Most of the kids were waist high. Granddaughter was all excited to see me. That made my day.

I guess I need to buy a shop vac. The old one served me well for many years of regular use. It has been making noises [bearings] for years... 10 or so....I've been shooting Tri-Flow in it. Tri-Flow is basically WD40 with teflon in it...good stuff. Anyway, I was going to use the vac yesterday. Turned it on and all I got was a short groan out of it. No magic smoke. No sparks. No excitement. Thinking about jumping the switch... just to see. The motor doesn't even try. Acts like it's not getting any juice. Hardly worth the effort when I can buy one for less than $100. .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

I guess I need to buy a shop vac. The old one served me well for many years of regular use. It has been making noises [bearings] for years... 10 or so....I've been shooting Tri-Flow in it. Tri-Flow is basically WD40 with teflon in it...good stuff. Anyway, I was going to use the vac yesterday. Turned it on and all I got was a short groan out of it. No magic smoke. No sparks. No excitement. Thinking about jumping the switch... just to see. The motor doesn't even try. Acts like it's not getting any juice. Hardly worth the effort when I can buy one for less than $100. .

They're hard to kill but it can be done.  I had one for years and the metal canister finally rusted out on it.  I took the latches off of it and mounted them on a 5 gallon plastic bucket and got who knows how many more years out of it.  At the end of its life it would screech as it slowed down when powering off.  One day I actually did get the magic smoke and that was it.  Must have gotten 20 years out of it and a lot of that was using it as a wet vac.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Shop vacs = work.  I just fire up the blower.  Works great on your car interior too!  Get rid of the junk, roll the windows down and have at it.  Found $20 one day that flew out from under my seat.  :)   😂

Id use mine to empty the water out of commode when I had to pull one.  Dont think I'd try that with a blower.  Lol.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

back in the 70s that would have meant something totally different than coffee.

80s too brother, could only hope for that... but I don't miss that redbud cough!

@dtel got it from Volcanica with a coupon I had from them, not bad and not as much as that bs $$$ geisha coffee. What the heck is a girl from Japan doing all over the world growing coffee beans and jacking the price up? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

I don't check where my coffee comes from, or care, it's coffee, as long as it's not weak i'm good. I have tried some of the best according to people who supposedly know and was not impressed.

This is a good thing, almost anything goes, no money wasted on fancier types. 

When I think of Columbia, Jamaica, Hawaii and even Mexico and other places, coffee is not the first memory that pops into my head, from what a friend says anyway. :blush:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, dtel said:

I don't check where my coffee comes from, or care, it's coffee, as long as it's not weak i'm good. I have tried some of the best according to people who supposedly know and was not impressed.

This is a good thing, almost anything goes, no money wasted on fancier types. 

When I think of Columbia, Jamaica, Hawaii and even Mexico and other places, coffee is not the first memory that pops into my head, from what a friend says anyway. :blush:

goooood-morning-stoned-bros-weedmeme-wee

Screenshot_2021-10-06-10-20-32.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

& that does look like a cup of Gold, leave it to @dirtmudd for all those High Times photos!!

Wow that was my favorite.. the stuff from Acapulco that is. It's like that Mezcal gold or more specific when you'd get to the bottom and eat the worm? Redbud was harsh and quick to knock you on your ---, Gold was smooth, sweet and snuck up behind me like the tequila used to.

That was the life, now it's natural process and honey process coffee beans.

Golden Years?

Untitled.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I'm not saying it; but I'm thinking it real hard ... KETCHUP!

Must be on the same wave length.  I hit Kroger's last night and actually paused & shook my head when I saw all the ketchup on the shelf.  Nope, didn't hear a rattle either.  Didn't get any salsa either!  :)

Just remember that for THREE days I thought salsa was ketchup.  Day 4 was fantastic when my daughter said it wasn't ketchup but salsa.  That's one I owe ya Steve!  

IMG-20210925-112722498-HDR.jpg

Yasssss, it was darn good without it but mucho better WITH it!  😂

• Like 3