Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I wish I had a wide angle lens. These pictures are from a point and shoot.

Those turned out alot nicer than mine. I wish i would have waited for you to do yours. Or at least purchased bull nose.

Very nice job.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

We were fortunate in that we had another shower in the house so I could take my time.  More than once, I did something only to come back the next day and not like what I saw and remove what I had previously done.  It's hard to do that when you're on a time crunch.  If I was getting paid to do this, I'm sure I would have been fired a long time ago for taking too long.

• Like 6

Or at least purchased bull nose.

Are you talking about around the shadow boxes?  That's the only place I used them.. Those darn things are expensive.

Yes.  yes they are expensive.  If this was a main bathroom I would have sprung for them.  But since its in the basement I just let the unfinished edge show.  I hate it but hey what do you do.

• Like 5

I wish I had a wide angle lens. These pictures are from a point and shoot.

Those turned out alot nicer than mine. I wish i would have waited for you to do yours. Or at least purchased bull nose.

Very nice job.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

We were fortunate in that we had another shower in the house so I could take my time.  More than once, I did something only to come back the next day and not like what I saw and remove what I had previously done.  It's hard to do that when you're on a time crunch.  If I was getting paid to do this, I'm sure I would have been fired a long time ago for taking too long.

Apparently there is a fellow around town that only works about an hour our two on Sundays.  But cost is good and he does the best work.  I couldn't even get my tools out and figure out what i was going to do in two hours. 

• Like 5

well, I was finishing the demolition on the hall bath last night. Worked so very carefully to remove the old bathroom vanity without disturbing the mirror that was glued onto the wall. Took a couple of hours of carefully prying and a pass with the reciprocating saw to get it loose from the wall. I couldn't remove the top since it was in contact with the plate glass window. Get the cabinet loose, go into the master bedroom to get some tools (also finishing remodel there) and hear this great crash. Yes, the mirror fell of the wall and busted into a million pieces! So much for trying to save something during a remodel

Edited by Rivervalleymgb
  • Like 5

the mirror that was glued onto the wall. 

According to my "mirror guy"  they glue all the mirrors on now.  I incorrectly assumed they'd be using sliding clips which is what I prefer in case you ever want to move the mirror in the future.  Seems like a lazy way to do it.

• Like 3

Good Monday Morning

Worker Bee's it's that time again, time to pump up that SS.

Maybe it will be there for Ya, maybe not, but I look forward to my play money :emotion-21:

Another day of 70s, No Skeeters as of three days now, Spect they are forming a plan of attack.

Dentist for xrays if they got their machine fixed, then the weekly run to see how I did on the Nascar pool.

Coffee should be done, it's time for a couple........ :emotion-44:  :emotion-44: :emotion-44:  

• Like 5

well, I was finishing the demolition on the hall bath last night. Worked so very carefully to remove the old bathroom vanity without disturbing the mirror that was glued onto the wall. Took a couple of hours of carefully prying and a pass with the reciprocating saw to get it loose from the wall. I couldn't remove the top since it was in contact with the plate glass window. Get the cabinet loose, go into the master bedroom to get some tools (also finishing remodel there) and hear this great crash. Yes, the mirror fell of the wall and busted into a million pieces! So much for trying to save something during a remodel

My Kind of guy :laugh: Been there done that.

Ya needed a new on anyway, hate the mess but it's worth it really.

• Like 5

Monday 

Took the ZTR mower out over the weekend for it's oil change and season readiness look over. Hour meter indicates that I average 50 hours per year. How the heck the deck became an inch low in front and a front tire got three sidewall cuts sitting in the garage I'll never figure. PIA to change the oil on this thing. Awaiting epray tires and tubes. Per instruction manual I should remove the deck and turn it over to change the blades; I think not.

• Like 4

Monday 

Took the ZTR mower out over the weekend for it's oil change and season readiness look over. Hour meter indicates that I average 50 hours per year. How the heck the deck became an inch low in front and a front tire got three sidewall cuts sitting in the garage I'll never figure. PIA to change the oil on this thing. Awaiting epray tires and tubes. Per instruction manual I should remove the deck and turn it over to change the blades; I think not.

21st century has a cure, and if you have compressed air on site, you will love this device.

Got one that sucks up to three gallons, trans fluid is a piece of cake, but it sucks oil just fine too.

Oops, totally spaced the link..........

http://www.mityvac.com/pages/products_fee.asp

Edited by minermark
  • Like 7