Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

That"s crazy stuff.. ya know I never got into bikes....I mean I rode a few here and there and I liked em... but never owned one... Now my dad on the other hand raced until he was in his later 60's. He would road race.. He got into old Yamaha's. He would race in a vintage class. My dad was also a horse jockey, he worked all the east coast tracks for 30+ years. He just did the Motorcycle racing as a hobby. 

The owner of the one Honda dealer I worked for in the late 80 was cleaning out all his old junk he had. He bought this one Honda motorcycle in the dealer one day. It looked like the one you posted in the video... it was a full blown race bike... but it was only a two cylinder 125cc. He couldn't get it running and none of us car guys wanted it. So I called my dad and told him about it. My dad bought it that afternoon. 

I remember he took it out to Summit Point were he raced... he had a blast with it. If I remember it had a RED line of like 14K and I think the power band was 10k.... I remember my dad saying I've never reved a eng up like this lol lol... He ended up selling it after a few years.... Yea he still kicks himself for selling it :(   and what's really funny is my dad never rode a bike on the street in this country.. he's never owned a street bike he in the US...

MKP :-)

Awesome story Mark. Your Dad sounds like quite the daredevil. (4 wheels moves your body, 2 wheels moves your soul)

Being a big guy I rode Honda XR600R dirt bikes for years which produced 36hp at the rear wheel. Then I bought a Yamaha YZ400F with the ceramic coated cylinder, 5 valve, red line was 13.5K and the bike created close to 59hp at the rear wheel. Riding dirt bikes hasn't been the same since. 

It's amazing the performance some of these dirt bikes have, especially the 4 strokes.

• Like 8

Morning gang, enjoying my blueberry, banana, psyllium husk, flaxseed oil, and honey breakfast shake. (don't like coffee)

It was 72 here yesterday, absolutely beautiful, but the 20s are coming back later this week.

I had 22 Beech trees cut down, the beetles got them, so I have at least one whole day of cleaning up my lawn ahead of me.

Have a great day folks….anybody checking out the Daytona 500?

• Like 7

Warm here, too. AC is running right now. Got to finish demolition of the main bath. Total remodel. Have to straighten out the electrical will the walls are partially open. Amazing how some people wire a house. Electricians do not seem to understand the code. Oh well, set here and catch up on the news, eat breakfast (my usual plain oatmeal mixed with yogurt with dry toast), then back to the bathroom to clean up the mess from late last night.

• Like 8

• Moderators

77 predicted here today, but rain for the next few days then nice again. 

Yes very good news Steve, I don't drink often but when I do on occasion I make up for lost time.  But I drink coffee everyday all day so I guess my liver is constantly rebuilding, now if I could just do that with brain cells ! :huh: . 

• Like 7

Afternoon gang....just checking in with my coffee buds....

Slow day today...we stayed at moms last night...were still here.... I slept on the couch last night The BOSS slept in the kids room. Mom sleeps in her chair...she will not go to bed...and if she does she'll get up in the night and walk around the house.... my daughter has found her wandering around the house at night. But she seems to stay in her chair overnight. I guess this is the best we can do right now.

I asked mom if she wanted to take alittle walk outside....she's alittle restless today....she told me NO I don't want to go outside and clean car windshields.....lol lol...you know all we can do is laugh...the things she says is off the chain.....now we don't laugh at her....but some of the stuff is just so funny.... We try to keep her busy with small little tasks....like folding a few towels and just throwing the junk mail away...

Well all in all were doing ok....another week tomorrow....ok enjoy the rest of your Sunday...

• Like 5

Afternoon gang....just checking in with my coffee buds....

Slow day today...we stayed at moms last night...were still here.... I slept on the couch last night The BOSS slept in the kids room. Mom sleeps in her chair...she will not go to bed...and if she does she'll get up in the night and walk around the house.... my daughter has found her wandering around the house at night. But she seems to stay in her chair overnight. I guess this is the best we can do right now.

I asked mom if she wanted to take alittle walk outside....she's alittle restless today....she told me NO I don't want to go outside and clean car windshields.....lol lol...you know all we can do is laugh...the things she says is off the chain.....now we don't laugh at her....but some of the stuff is just so funny.... We try to keep her busy with small little tasks....like folding a few towels and just throwing the junk mail away...

Well all in all were doing ok....another week tomorrow....ok enjoy the rest of your Sunday...

I lived with my grandfather who died of Pick's disease, which is similar to Alzheimer.  Some of the stuff he would say would have us rolling on the ground.  It was hard not to laugh as he knew what was going and would get made.  It wasn't right, but you just couldn't help it.  His favorite thing to say, which was probably the only thing he said up to the time he past was "yeah sure you bet".  He was always restless, always wanted to go for walks.  It got to the point my grandmother and I couldn't control him, so we put him in a home.  At first he figured out that there was an access code to open the door.  So they had to cover it to keep him from escaping.  Its tough to see someone go through that, I feel for you. 

• Like 6

Just bought gas and with a 8 gallon purchase I got free lighter fluid and a bag of charcoal. These are the good ole days.

12743642_1247723091908758_42133250753565

I watched a show awhile back about Ford....and there was something like when you bought a new modle "t" it came with a free bag of Kingsford charcoal. The charcoal was made with the scaps of the cars. If ya google Kingsford and read the history it tell the story...it's really cool..

• Like 6

• Moderators

Just bought gas and with a 8 gallon purchase I got free lighter fluid and a bag of charcoal. These are the good ole days.

12743642_1247723091908758_42133250753565

I watched a show awhile back about Ford....and there was something like when you bought a new modle "t" it came with a free bag of Kingsford charcoal. The charcoal was made with the scaps of the cars. If ya google Kingsford and read the history it tell the story...it's really cool..

And they even had music playing out, look at there little set up, they are thew cool gas station to go to.  

• Like 6