Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hello friends............just read Mark's note.....   (thinking)   I can't believe that anyone HERE would be cause for him to depart, most all of us have spoken....... (ok, whos' the wise arse?  :ph34r: )

But seriously, I could not imagine.... :unsure:

• Like 5

Due to the continuous harassment from a couple of forum members, I will no longer be taking part in this forum. 

I have better things to do in life than deal with Cons/thief's.  

Thanx for the good times to my Bud's, you know who you are.

Mark.... this is one of your only posts I will not give a "like".......come on my man....it would really suck not to have you around....

Just have a chill.....work on Mr. Crow.....eat a corndog......then come have a cup of coffee with us...

MKP :-)

I'm shocked! You are really one of the crazies that I appreciate on here (Steve's one of them as well... maybe it's just you California guys...)

I've pretty much learned to ignore some folks on here... otherwise, I would be gone too. Please stay!

Bruce

• Like 7

Late start today, woke up feeling like crap so i slept in late.

Much better now. :)

Was hoping to see Mark back in here today.

Maybe too soon. :(

Great day to do absolutely nothing but hold down my favorite recliner.

Its seems like the right thing to do.

• Like 6

I haven't been here much lately.....been helping the LF look at a house she has made an offer on.  Had to meet with a home inspector, structural engineer, roofer, HVAC guy and review their inspections and quotes.  So I've been watching the thread run itself knowing it was in good hands with all my buds.  Having said that there has rarely been a day that I didn't at least read the goings on so I guess I'm as lost as the rest of you to Mark's leaving.  I cant imagine it was anything said in this thread that upset him.  As far as I know there has never been any harsh words or hurt feelings in CC&C.

Everyone of you are good guys and I look forward to keeping up with each of you and what's going on in your lives.  I consider Mark a friend and will reach out to him shortly as I have in the past when I missed someone posting for a time.  You can see from the previous post here that he is missed.

Hopefully this is a temporary break.

• Like 9

Dentist today ... got in the chair at 9 and got out at 12:15

Crown on one tooth, Deep cleaning, then some emergency work on a tooth that was bothering me. Turns out, just like last summer, i had an infection.  The crown had separated from the tooth in one area and i guess junk got in the gap and caused decay. He had to open it up, clean it out, put in some meds, put a temp seal on it; and told me to come back Tuesday for a root canal.  Of the three hours of work, about 30 seconds was off the charts pain. 

Now it just aches because of all the trauma.

• Like 6

Dentist :(

Novocaine has no effect on me. I have had horrible experiences all my life thinking that this is what it is. My current dentist (and the only one ever to believe me) has a cocktail based on widely varying Ph levels during stress that actually works and numbs me :). As you can imagine, over the years I only went when I had to so now I am undergoing a lot of fixing up. The Navy didn't do any favors with the material they used and now I get to have all that replaced. I'm in the middle of crowns, implants, yada yada.

A moment back to the Novocaine: when the wife and I made the decision for me to get the big V I was supline on the table while the doc was telling me what he was up to. Just after he made an injection of local and was coming at me with the scalpel he says "I just injected Novocaine so you won't feel this"....brain finally registers what he said about the time the knife hits me manhood :o :o :o :o :o :o .

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 5

"....brain finally registers what he said about the time the knife hits me manhood

Ouch.  That could have prompted malpractice litigation, but, then again, it might not have stood up in court . . . or anywhere else. :-)

Were you able to stop the surgery? 

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 4

"....brain finally registers what he said about the time the knife hits me manhood

Ouch.  That could have prompted malpractice litigation, but, then again, it might not have stood up in court . . . or anywhere else. :-)

Were you able to stop the surgery? 

No and the best I have been able to put into words: a hot knife across the scrotum and a pair of pliers pulling your tonsils out your azz

• Like 5

I had several root canals on my two front top teeth.  One of the last revisions I had on it was a treat.  The root canal itself had started to leak and would become infected.  I had an appointment it get it fixed thinking it would be like the other times.  The tooth in question this time had been infected for a while and I was on antibiotics.  The DDS numbed me up (or so he thought) and started to work.  The Novocain wasn't working so I got another round of shots.  This happened 2 more times (total of 4 rounds) where he would wait 10 minutes or so to let it work.  Seems that Novocain won't work if the tissue is infected.  He loaded me up with so much of that crap that he had to take me home and pick up my wife so she could return with him and bring my car home. 

• Like 3

He loaded me up with so much of that crap that he had to take me home and pick up my wife so she could return with him and bring my car home. 
Really Carl -- that’s the oldest dental pick up scam in the book.  :D 

My appointment ended with him saying, “when the numbness wears off, its going to hurt. Take an Advin. Have a nice weekend."

He was right...it does hurt.  

• Like 4

• Moderators
Really Carl -- that’s the oldest dental pick up scam in the book. 

That's funny, I was glad to read it, all that dentist talk it was making me feel a little sick, dentist scare me, I have not had good luck, my first dentist died of AIDS but I was not even counting that little fact in being scared.  

Hope your feeling better soon Steve, he should have given you something for pain i would think ?

Edited by dtel
  • Like 3

Here's the bright side.  I've had them chiseled out with hammers, root canals, all of it.  Love it.  I am a nitrous freak and my dentist is truly outstanding.  I've had him banging on teeth he was trying to get out and felt and heard the crunching and collapse of bone.  He'd pause and ask if I were OK.  Response was "Is that all you've got?"

Never go to a dentist that doesn't use gas. 

Dave

• Like 5

Can we stop talking about dentists, please... :wacko:

One more and I will stop.

1970's I go in to see a USN O-6 dentist and have an extraction that required sutures and was advised to come bck the next day to have them removed. OK, I'm an E-5 and he's an O-6; roger. I get them removed and UPPED for flight duty. Next thing I know I am launched on a mission that requires a steep approach from high altitude and low and behold I burst a hole from my sinus cavity into my mouth due to pressure change. I get medivac'd and this same USN Capt scolds me for having the stitches removed too early. I got a foil wrapped sinus cavity and a skin graft inside my mouth. Liquid diet for a while.

As I get older I wonder why I never, ever visited the VA to register and apply for disabilty for numerous things upon retirement as I thought that life just brings crap to you but then I see some folks that claim out and out BS and want a parking spot because of a 10% hearing loss or some sheet.

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 5