Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

So this guy just washed up in his Yacht on the shore of the Phillipines. Apparently he was last heard of in 2009? Totally mummified he is.

1456770500942.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Oh, and look, after all that time, (underwater no less) his hair is still combed.....something doesn't look right here.....

Something doesn't look right here either......

• Like 4

To be clear that yacht floated ashore. That guy hasn't been underwater? No doubt the salt and air could cause that affect. If you've ever salted meat you've seen how. All the major news agencies carried the story as well. :)

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/02/29/mummified-body-german-adventurer-found-inside-yacht.html

Edited by JL Sargent
  • Like 3

Dam Keurig, i hate it when this happens.

IMHO Keurig's should be damned anyway....several European countries are banning the pods because they are a serious pollutant.  I agree. 

I think even the inventor feels this way.

• Like 3

Dam Keurig, i hate it when this happens.

545e44f49bd4ffb1dbce7aff284538e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

What do you dislike?  Is it the quality of the brew or the demonstration of surface tension?

FWIW, I agree with jimjimbo about the waste aspect of Keurig.  Convenience comes at a financial and environmental cost.

To be clear, I'm not criticizing Duder, or anyone else, for using things that are convenient. albeit environmentally suspect.  Other than environmental zealots. such as Ed Begley Jr., we all pick our environmental battles.  No one, even EBJ, is without some environmental sin in someone else's estimation.  Peace.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 5

Is everyone else experiencing really odd weather? I know a few on here are from the midwest. It was 66 Sunday, then 52 yesterday, now it's 38 and going  down to 24 tonight, rain, sleet and snow later today. I know the old saying…."if you don't like Indiana weather, hang around it will change"

• Like 5

Is everyone else experiencing really odd weather? I know a few on here are from the midwest. It was 66 Sunday, then 52 yesterday, now it's 38 and going  down to 24 tonight, rain, sleet and snow later today. I know the old saying…."if you don't like Indiana weather, hang around it will change"

The "new normal" is that there is no longer a predictable normal.  In Southeast Michigan we've had less snow than Wash.. D.C. this winter.

• Like 2

The "new normal" is that there is no longer a predictable normal.  In Southeast Michigan we've had less snow than Wash.. D.C. this winter.

That is crazy. I cancelled two of my snowmobile trips to the UP for lack of snow, I'll bet they're hurting up north.

• Like 3

What do you dislike

Well a couple of things, however this particular incident has to do with inconsistency with how full it fills the cup.

I never thought of the waste factor. But thinking about it, that is one of my other issues with the Keurig.  Is that it takes alot more to make the equivalent amount of coffee I typically drink.  It has cut back my coffee drinking, but has cost me more for coffee on a weekly basis. Why do I use it you ask? Well my mums gave it to me as a Christmas gift, I figured I owed it to her to give it a try.  Its not that it works bad (the wife and kids love it for chai tea and hot coco).  It just doesn't work for me.  I tried one at another location at my work.  The one I tried, I was able to pick a 12 oz serving, which with the dark magic it worked great.   If mine worked it in that manner, it would work out better for me.  But even using the large cup size just isn't enough for me.

• Like 3

That is crazy. I cancelled two of my snowmobile trips to the UP for lack of snow, I'll bet they're hurting up north.

Same here, but again its the midwest.

• Like 3

that quote is a rip off on Ohio weather :)

Roger

• Like 2

that quote is a rip off on Ohio weather :)Roger

And KC weather I might add. I would guess many other locals as well.

70's here Sat, Sun, Moday; 40's today, 60's remainder of week. A very easy winter so far. Hopefully we sneak through March with no ice/wet, heavy snows and we are good to go. April's usually very nice with a few hiccups along the way. Then May with enough confidence in the weather to bike down to Hope.

• Like 3

that quote is a rip off on Ohio weather :)Roger

And KC weather I might add. I would guess many other locals as well.

70's here Sat, Sun, Moday; 40's today, 60's remainder of week. A very easy winter so far. Hopefully we sneak through March with no ice/wet, heavy snows and we are good to go. April's usually very nice with a few hiccups along the way. Then May with enough confidence in the weather to bike down to Hope.

Man, that's a lot of pedaling! ;)

Roger

• Like 2