Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

My bathroom remodel is going SLOW! Actually, I think I am the one going slow. Got every thing out of the way. Scraped the popcorn of the ceiling, replumbing for the new tub, shower and fixtures; debating on some new wiring. Actually, I have to rewire some. It is a never ending story rewiring this house. The builder was an idiot. Seems like every house I have not built myself, the builder was an idiot. Of course, other builders thought I was an idiot because I refused to cut corners! Anyway, I have to stop work on it for the next few days. Batesville tonight, Tulsa on Wednesday. At least I get to check on a couple of R2R's I dropped off at Speakerworks a few months ago. A visit with Dave is always entertaining! 

• Like 5

My bathroom remodel is going SLOW! Actually, I think I am the one going slow. Got every thing out of the way. Scraped the popcorn of the ceiling, replumbing for the new tub, shower and fixtures; debating on some new wiring. Actually, I have to rewire some. It is a never ending story rewiring this house. The builder was an idiot. Seems like every house I have not built myself, the builder was an idiot. Of course, other builders thought I was an idiot because I refused to cut corners! Anyway, I have to stop work on it for the next few days. 

OMG, I thought this was something I wrote right up till the end.

I set my commode base (twice) this weekend.  The first tine, the floor flange broke :wacko:.  I noticed it was cracked slightly and warped from over tightening when I pulled it.  Just another day in the life of a remodel.

• Like 4

Morning gang....

Well we didn't make it to moms yesterday.....Once we started the cleaning the house, we just kept rolling with it.....We haven't really done a good cleaning since the passing of The BOSS's dad several weeks ago. The house needed a good blitz.....Hooked up the M400t's to the Chorus ii's.....powered up 3 subs and the cleaning began.....What ever dirt was hiding it got shook loose....

Trinitron........ mmmmmm cheese sandwich and milkshake for dinner.....you go my man.... I had left over Chinese food and Wilbur chocolate buds. My wife picked up the Wilbur buds for me Friday....man there good...

Rivervalleymgb.....you go my man.....I tell ya hats off to you guys that do that home remodel thing....I don't do house....I fix car....make money to pay someone for the house thing...I do a few things around the house...but when it comes to a full remodel....ahhhhh not for me...

A bit of trivia.....it's Feb 29th leap year day....why do we have leap year?

OK enough of my BS...gonna roll....a good leap year day to all....

Here is a pic of a Wlbur bud....mmmmmmmm

MKP :-)

post-58704-0-49040000-1456755732_thumb.j

• Like 4

The first tine, the floor flange broke

I actually put mine in crooked. 

The floor flange?  Did you plumb the bathroom?

Yes I did,  except the rough in as it was done when I purchased the house.  I had use a reciprocating saw to cut it out and redo it.  It was my first, what can I say.

• Like 3

My bathroom remodel is going SLOW! Actually, I think I am the one going slow. Got every thing out of the way. Scraped the popcorn of the ceiling, replumbing for the new tub, shower and fixtures; debating on some new wiring. Actually, I have to rewire some. It is a never ending story rewiring this house. The builder was an idiot. Seems like every house I have not built myself, the builder was an idiot. Of course, other builders thought I was an idiot because I refused to cut corners! Anyway, I have to stop work on it for the next few days. 

OMG, I thought this was something I wrote right up till the end.

I set my commode base (twice) this weekend.  The first tine, the floor flange broke :wacko:.  I noticed it was cracked slightly and warped from over tightening when I pulled it.  Just another day in the life of a remodel.

When I did the master ensuite, I had to put a slurry on the floor since the PO had added on to the house via the covered porch. Had to to slurry to level the floor. This caused the need to cut out the original flange in order to raise it level with the new surface. What a pain to cut out the pipe and install a special flange to fit inside the original 4" pipe! Love those plumbers saws made to fit in a drill motor for cutting pipe from the inside.

• Like 3

A bit of trivia.....it's Feb 29th leap year day....why do we have leap year?

Cause the Romans couldn't count..... 

I'd prefer 13 @ 28 day months plus an extra day for celebrating the new year... 

Cause it takes ~362.25 days to orbit so each year we 'lose/gain' 1/4 day therefore every 4 years add a day to the calendar. Why Feb rather than like during summer :unsure2:

• Like 3

So this guy just washed up in his Yacht on the shore of the Phillipines. Apparently he was last heard of in 2009? Totally mummified he is.

1456770500942.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

I wonder if Bruce knows what he is in for with all of this stuff washing ashore in the Philippines?

• Like 4

So this guy just washed up in his Yacht on the shore of the Phillipines. Apparently he was last heard of in 2009? Totally mummified he is.

1456770500942.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Oh, and look, after all that time, (underwater no less) his hair is still combed.....something doesn't look right here.....

• Like 3