Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Greetings all. It's been a while following a week of brutal illness, and a 10 day vacation with alternating sick kiddos, back in the saddle. Loving the car pics. This is my only real car pic. I was able to be a part of a Porsche driving tour in Germany a couple of years ago. This is my "angry album cover face, lean on the car pose". The 911 is a wonderful machine and I am grateful for the opportunity to drive it for a few days.post-52637-0-94220000-1457739747_thumb.j

• Like 9

Good evening everyone here on CC&C.....  

First, I would like to say I have enjoyed all the auto photos and stories from Chuck and friends, great looking cars and 'mugs' :)

I have many stories of my own I could share................but..........

Just a bit of a SAD note..........we are over in RTM and a bit in shock after my good friend Pezz from RI. announced a short while ago the passing of Keith Emerson of ELP ..... :(

So, we all switched gears from our normal variety of music and are now paying tribute to this great man and musician and one I always looked up to as a keyboard player myself....

Sorry to be the messenger of this sad news....

I will check in later or tomorrow....

.......Gary

• Like 9

Awesome car you're leaning on Dave, handles well?

Chuck...I'll take the blue Z28 :D

It's remarkable, it's on rails. The windy mountain roads were by far the most fun. It has a g force display so you can see how hard your leaning into any corners (or getting pushed back on acceleration!). Paddle shifters (no clutch) and it was seamless shifting. There's a reason they charge what they do, it's a different machine.

For now, I'm quite content to rent one like that, it leaves money for khorns - even with a nice Mac amp it's "cheap" compared to a performance car! Right?! (Working on my justification speech to my wife)

• Like 7

Afternoon gang...

Slow day..... was going in the shop today....... but the word is "was"..... didn't happen.... just bumming around the house..... feeling kinda freaky.... getting all jacked-up on English tea :blink: ..... The caffeine does get to me.....

The BOSS wanted some so I made a pot for her...... she likes her little tea pots.....

mkane...... I've never tried that coffee....is that whole bean? Well in our house the only thing we drink is the DD whole bean.... that's what The BOSS gets and that's what I drink.

Dave.... glad your feeling better my man..... and yea you look mean in that pic.... lol lol... I've never driven a Porsche.... well 2nd thought I did drive some old 70's Porsche many many years ago.... I didn't think it was all that. I really forget what model it was. Think is some air cooled thing... I know it didn't want to make me go out and buy one..

Chuck.... cool pics.... looks like fun times...

"OK" I got to do something...... a good day to all...

MKP :-)

post-58704-0-33700000-1457817745_thumb.j

post-58704-0-92780000-1457817756_thumb.j

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 7

So there i was...literally surrounded by about six gangbangers.  This was about two hours ago.  My brother & I ventured into the bowels of Los Angeles. We were wandering around trying to remember where we parked and ended up standing at this corner waiting to cross. I noticed the group that i was in the middle of had a well known gang name emblazoned on their ball caps.  I just minded my own business and when the light turned green i started to cross...nearly bumped into one of the guys and he mumbled “sorry” as he crossed in front of me. We went our own separate ways and “nothing went down."

Looked up an eatery that is supposed to be iconic to Los Angeles. It’s called The Apple Pan.  Ok, what a disappointment. It was on this television show about the best hamburgers.  It’s just down the road a bit from Fox Studio.  The place is old fashioned...only a counter. The drinks come in those paper funnel cups that are placed in an aluminum holder. The burger sucked. For two of us it was $27.83 and neither of us thought it was anywhere near worth that price. Honestly, a good burger chain kicks the crap out of this place. Yet, they're still in business ... 

if anyone is interested ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Apple_Pan

by the way, the gangbangers were NOWHERE near The Apple Pan. The Apple Pan area is totally safe.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 6

So there i was...literally surrounded by about six gangbangers.

Glad ya made it out alive BSM.....

I tell ya when we go down to Baltimore..... I got eye's in the back of head.....

Then ya spend good money on some food that is supposed "good" ..... yea what a bummer..... I feel ya my man....

MKP :-)

• Like 6

Good evening friends, just stopping by to check in.....    Steve, that story was seeming like a 'close call'  but turned out ok outside of the disappointing burg...  Back to healthy veggie California burgers :D ...

Stop by RTM and say hello tonight?

I am starting with that Gershwin on BluRay from Naxos....   :emotion-21:

Enjoy your evening everyone..

............Gary

• Like 4

So there i was...literally surrounded by about six gangbangers.  This was about two hours ago.  My brother & I ventured into the bowels of Los Angeles. We were wandering around trying to remember where we parked and ended up standing at this corner waiting to cross. I noticed the group that i was in the middle of had a well known gang name emblazoned on their ball caps.  I just minded my own business and when the light turned green i started to cross...nearly bumped into one of the guys and he mumbled “sorry” as he crossed in front of me. We went our own separate ways and “nothing went down."

Looked up an eatery that is supposed to be iconic to Los Angeles. It’s called The Apple Pan.  Ok, what a disappointment. It was on this television show about the best hamburgers.  It’s just down the road a bit from Fox Studio.  The place is old fashioned...only a counter. The drinks come in those paper funnel cups that are placed in an aluminum holder. The burger sucked. For two of us it was $27.83 and neither of us thought it was anywhere near worth that price. Honestly, a good burger chain kicks the crap out of this place. Yet, they're still in business ... 

by the way, the gangbangers were NOWHERE near The Apple Pan. The Apple Pan area is totally safe.

Steve, glad that wasn't an incident, you just never know what can happen.

Will you give the Apple Pan another shot? It sounds like you probably won't.

• Like 4

Steve, glad that wasn't an incident, you just never know what can happen.

Will you give the Apple Pan another shot? It sounds like you probably won't.

No...unless i had company visiting and they were dead set that they wanted to go there. so many better places to eat. 

• Like 4

• Moderators

That's a nice big cup.  You have a problem with butterflies?

A little, butterflies are distracting when trying to hold the pinkie finger up while drinking tea, not a problem with coffee.  :mellow:

• Like 7

• Moderators
The burger sucked. For two of us it was $27.83 and neither of us thought it was anywhere near worth that price. Honestly, a good burger chain kicks the crap out of this place. Yet, they're still in business ...

Well that sucks, but looking at there website i can see some of the problem is, there is about 5x more lettuce and BS than meat, to me i want some beef or whatever it should be. :D There probably just going on an old reputation ?

Glad you made it out alive, a courteous gang banger is unusual I would think ? But then your from Oakland and kind of bad *** looking so you probably intimidated him a little. :o  

post-9700-0-69260000-1457837091_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 5