Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

And its that bright whitish blue color?

More blue than white.

I really can't complain.  Out of everything I've done so far in that room, this is the first thing I don't like.  Worst case scenario, It's an easy fix.

• Like 1

I have been in Houston for the last week or so with my Dad. I brought him down from Burleson last Tuesday for an aortal aneurysm repair. It has been slow going, but he is improving everyday.

The coffee in the hospital is actually quite good.

Travis

Travis - Rose and I are here for you. Let me know if there is anything we can do for you or your parents.

As you always are.

He is progressing well, but slow.  This is Day 7 in the hospital..  Mom is stuck up in Ft. Worth waiting for surgery to fix her broken leg.  The big thing is when they cut him loose somewhere  here in the next 5 to 7 days I doubt they will clear him for 3 hour car ride, or airplane ride, so hopefully they will clear him for ambulance ride from Houston up to rehab center near Mom.

One small step at a time.

Travis

Best wishes my friend.....

• Like 3

Carl-

Just leave the bathroom lights on so the photocells turn the night lights off.  Then wear a mask.  It ain't rocket surgery. :-)

Dark plastic bag over the head would work as well I would imagine.

Don't do it! We love you.

• Like 2

Carl-

Just leave the bathroom lights on so the photocells turn the night lights off.  Then wear a mask.  It ain't rocket surgery. :-)

Dark plastic bag over the head would work as well I would imagine.

Don't do it! We love you.

Thanks, guess I didn't consider the down side.  Sometimes I don't think things through.

• Like 1

I think i posted some of these once before. But here are some new ones of where i enjoyed my coffee this morning.

b4136d03c070f5543eab96e5e2971439.jpg

b54eaae7a75e44c232a2a743ef6dc8e5.jpg

b98d7d5878722970aa6034f93449c22f.jpg

1a419e1c2440660e28e6f09355f155ef.jpg

To be honest, i didn't make it the full 180 feet. Just enough to see for awhile.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Would you mind driving that Genie to KC so I can safely finish painting my house? I'll only need it a week or so --

As always, thanks in advance.

A one week rent is around $15,000 fot that bad boy.

• Like 3

At the no tell motel after a few Coors Lights with bruises but not much blood; got approval to purchase heat treat ovens, quence tanks and some software so that's a positive. Back to Tejas in the morning hoping the storms don't cause a lot of delays.

• Like 3

New they are about 120000-150000. Every 8 years yoh need to replace the cables. If you have to have someone do it. That will set you back close to 10 grand and thats on a 1200sj a weekly rent on one of those can run $3000 depending on age.

Repairs can kill you on these. Have a leak, good luck getting it on a job site with strict regulations.

I dont know what 180s run for a purchase price. They're a whole new game.

• Like 7

Good evening......

So The BOSS and I have been at the shop for the last 17 years. During those years there have been some reall crazy things to be rememberd. One of those years we refer to it as ......."year of the flies".....

Some 12 years ago the weather was getting warm....spring was coming. The shop is in Carroll County, North West of Baltimore. Carroll County is still a rural county....lots of farms....horse....cows...crops...

Durning the spring time you can smell the manure in the air....also spring and summer brings out the bugs.

We started to notice that we were getting a lot of flies at the shop. We didn't think a lot about it....we just figured.....ahhhh it's spring..... not the case this year. It seemed like each day there were more and more. By mid spring there was a full invasion of flies. It was a plague of biblical proportion.....I'm talking thousands and thousands of flies each day.....

Each day we had to hang new fly strips. We must have went through tweenty strips a day. By the end of the day they were full. Sometimes I would change them out mid day cuz they could not hold any more flies. I would buy fly spray in gallons. When we left the shop for lunch I would close the shop all up. I would stick a hose in the jug and use shop air to spray/mist the shop. When we returned from lunch the fly bodies would be all over the shop floor. Walking accross the floor you could feel and hear them crunch and pop. Yea it was nasty...The bodies would be all over my toolbox, the work benches just every. Most of the time I would use the shop-vac to suck em up.

One afternoon we had a young lady picking up here car. She was trying to write a check at the desk. She was waving her hands around trying to stop the flies from landing on her. She said "are the flies always this bad here?" We have never seen her again....

Just up the road from the shop is a small housing development....oh yea the flies were there too. One morning before we left for work we were watching the news. They had reporters at that housing development doing a story on the flies. The flies were all in peoples houses.....yea nasty...

Come to find out that there were several farmers that spred manure on there fields and didn't plow it in. This just made prime breading grounds for the flies. I guess the maggots just loved the shitt.

The pic below is a fly strip that's been hanging in the shop for the last 12 years...yea I know kinda gross. Over the years I just kinda forgot about it... it's the one lone strip that I just never took down. Even though it looks full alot of them have dropped off over the years.

Yup "year of the flies" never forget it!!

MKP :-)

post-58704-0-59780000-1457585571_thumb.j

post-58704-0-19140000-1457585591_thumb.j

• Like 5