Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

More about feral cats.... The neighbor (who doesn't claim any of them) lets his cats breed like rabbits, then torches or shoots the offspring he can find. Judy and I have been catching them and getting them fixed. So far, we have fixed about a dozen. Two of them got caught in his engine bay last winter and we ended up having to take them in for front leg amputations. Of the ones we have had neutered, two have been slaughtered in the highway, five have ended up becoming house cats (strange for a dog groomer to have so many cats), two have remained untouchable (caught them in hav-a-hart traps), and one has become a garage guard cat. The vet has told us not to bring anymore wild cats they have a hard time handling! (Of course, they will take any that we bring since feral cats are such efficient predators of wildlife.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Glad to see everything is going good here, I have some back reading to do but no time right now.

Trip went great, part of the reason for a slow recovery, the rest after a vacation. Everyone had a good time and it got a little crazy at times but no one got in trouble.  :o  :emotion-21:   :emotion-19:

• Like 7

• Moderators

Thank you, yes all in one piece and no one was left behind on an island.

And yes as promised we had one or more of these (pic) for everyone here but in about 50 different flavors, for you Carl I had a few chocolate martinis.  :emotion-46:   

• Like 6

• Moderators

Thank you, yes all in one piece and no one was left behind on an island.

And yes as promised we had one or more of these (pic) for everyone here but in about 50 different flavors, for you Carl I had a few chocolate martinis.  :emotion-46:   

post-9700-0-22060000-1457452534_thumb.jp

• Like 6

One cup of hotel coffee as they ran out. Why stay here? It's walking distance to our favorite watering hole which allows cigar smoke with the beer. Did a high speed pass by my rental property, looks good. Need to call home and get the sprinklers turned off after hearing the rain news; new rain meter not yet calibrated.

• Like 5

Got up early this morning at went to brew a pot of DD coffee, as always, but surprise, out of coffee so a quick ride to the DD so I could get in the drive through line from hell (14 in front of me to get to order) and got 1 big x-large to go and 4 bags of coffee to replenish the stock.  Still drinking coffee to try and correct the caffeine balance.

• Like 5

I gotta say I love my coffee as I nurse through 10 partial cups a day. But to sit in a drive through 14 deep, I'm sorry but no way. Good on you but I would have to find an alternative, Mickey D's black would work in that instance. At least you fortified the inventory which makes the wait worthwhile I suppose.

Can only imagine 14 people with one ordering a mocha mocha, half this, a quarter that, your choice on the next quarter, with lite whipped cream applied to look like the Washington Monument, two cherries on top, two straws one shorter than the other and no hotter than 78.4 centigrade. Oh yeah, they are Germans and ordered in the native language. Good luck Pete, see you this evening.

• Like 4

• Moderators
I tell ya man, The BOSS is on it when it comes to keeping the DD in the house....when it gets down to 5lbs she's on it..

That's because she is smart, think about it, you are powered by coffee,  she does not want you running out of power.  :emotion-55:  Smart girl  :D

• Like 6

• Moderators

I am ashamed to admit this, but this thread is the place to do it. I set a record the last 7 days, I had 2 cups of coffee all week.  :o

But I substituted Bloody Marys for the coffee so after a while I didn't even notice, :huh:  back to coffee now, that could only last for so long.

I love coffee

• Like 7

I gotta say I love my coffee as I nurse through 10 partial cups a day. But to sit in a drive through 14 deep, I'm sorry but no way. Good on you but I would have to find an alternative, Mickey D's black would work in that instance. At least you fortified the inventory which makes the wait worthwhile I suppose.

Can only imagine 14 people with one ordering a mocha mocha, half this, a quarter that, your choice on the next quarter, with lite whipped cream applied to look like the Washington Monument, two cherries on top, two straws one shorter than the other and no hotter than 78.4 centigrade. Oh yeah, they are Germans and ordered in the native language. Good luck Pete, see you this evening.

I had to get the bags anyway or I would have been in the same boat tomorrow and 2 days in a row waking up with no coffee...............I can't even conceive that.

• Like 4