Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

We want the stories about the trip that are not remembered by all participants!  With that many people, and that much alcohol, inquiring minds want to know!

Well, I will say this...the guy that showed his a** had to be pushed to his room in a wheelchair one night and he woke up under his bed and told us he thought he had gone to boat jail! LMAO

• Like 4

Glad you folks had a good time.  Underway is the only way.  Took a cruise from Los Angeles to Hawaii, hitting Mexico on the return.  16 days--but, the part i loved was 10 of them at sea.  Went through a nice Force 10 storm enroute; but, only lasted one night. The rest of the trip the sea was glass.

Got to be friends with the piano player in one of the bars that we hung out in every night.  He started playing Queen songs.  Fun time.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 5

• Moderators

It was pretty smooth, I would have rather had a little rough water myself, but not to the point where people would get sick, I can't handle that. With force 10 people would have been sick which means i would have been sick.  :emotion-41:

• Like 5

That was a funny cruise. For reasons i won’t mention, we were VIPs. The Maitre D looks us up at dinner the first evening and says that the Captain wants us to have any bottle of wine as his gift to us. Ok, that’s nice; but, i don’t drink wine. I was married at the time and the wife liked wine so she was happy. The next day we walk into our suite and there is a large tray of chocolate covered strawberries. Great; but, i hate chocolate--the wife liked chocolate so she scored again. About this time, i’m thinking “hey we’re getting this treatment because of me; but, all the gifts are stuff for her.”  Then we got a note from the Captain inviting us to visit him on the bridge--NOW THAT is something that was finally for me.  Very cool up there. So cool, i would have stood a watch if he wanted me to. 

I also remember that EVERYWHERE we went, we ran into this couple. The bar we hung out in at night--they were there. We get to the islands, we see them in town.  Finally decided we’d better meet them. They were cool--they both were high school music teachers. I remember asking the guy what instrument he played and he said, “all of them."

• Like 3

It was pretty smooth, I would have rather had a little rough water myself, but not to the point where people would get sick, I can't handle that. With force 10 people would have been sick which means i would have been sick.  :emotion-41:

yeah that would suck. i remember talking to this couple about day four and the wife said it was her husbands first day out of their cabin because he had been so seasick.  The waves were only about 21’ but the wind was something like 77 mph...like i said, that was just one evening and night; by morning it was beautiful weather. 

• Like 4

Man, am I tired of the bathroom remodel! Spent the last two days in the attic with wiring. It is always amazing how some people wire a house! I had to run three new circuits to isolate the bathroom now down to bare studs and to run a new circuit to the small bathroom (found that the small bath was just tied into the bedroom receptacle when I pulled the wall off behind the tub tile surround. I also added a new circuit for the dining room since part of it was tied into the bath I am remodeling. I added four circuits total. Isolate the bath receptacles in the remodel and add a lighting (since I am adding a vent in the bathroom) circuit for said bath. Judy and I decided when we retire it is off to the mountains to build a new house so we don't have to work on a structure anymore! She has been grooming for 48 years, so to retire, we have to move. Her dog customers won't let her retire if we stay here!

• Like 4