I'm Bummed, Not. Cherry RB-75's Are In The House

willland

So, right now you have ONE RB-75.

You are correct sir. What was the clue? The huge horn or the beautiful cherry veneer?

Makes an interesting center until Wednesday, right?

That is a great idea.

Bill

None of us like to wait but, it is nice to get what you have been looking for.

So true. I have seen only one pair of RB-75's pop up in Florida in the last five years.

I had to go to the far left upper corner of the CONUS to get these.

Bill

• Moderators
  • There a good size for a bookshelf, it's the only Rf we have and there not in the pretty cherry, there black.

Seen to be pretty rare these days, you got lucky.

Edited by dtel

There a good size for a bookshelf, it's the only Rf we have and there not in the pretty cherry, there black.

They are big. They are over an inch taller, wider, and deeper than my RB-35's and weigh 8 lbs more.

Seen to be pretty rare these days, you got lucky.

They sure are and I sure am lucky.

I have a set of RB's and a matching center in my Den, but I cant remember if they have the 5 inch or 6 inch woofers. Either way they sound exceptionally good for a big speaker, even though they are little jokers.

well what is the plan for these? which room will they occupy?

I have not decided. If I get a new(to me) computer desk that has the screen centered, then the 75's will be my computer "near field" speakers. If that does not happen, then the 75's will replace the 35's in the guest bedroom. Then I will eventually replace the beast(53+ lbs) NAD T773 AVR with a mid powered(125w to 150w/ch) integrated amp. I am considering a NAD C375BEE or Cambridge Audio 840A to handle the duties. The 35's will most likely be for sale to help recoupe some $$$.

Bill

The other RB-75 arrived today in wonderful condition.

Daryl(Darylomer on the forum) gave me a great deal and he did a wonderful job packing these speakers. They are beautiful.

I want to thank Daryl for all that and for his patience with me as I hee-hawed around whether to buy these beauties or not. No regrets except for I am suppose to sell some of my gear first before I buy(hint, hint ;) ). I seem to always do it backwards.

Either way, these cherry RB-75's rock. I mean a big sound that is not suppose to come out of "bookshelf" speakers. Huge presence and very clear and detailed. Besides Belles, LaScalas, Klipschorns, and Palladiums, these are the Klipsch speakers I have wanted and desired the most without ever hearing them. I knew they would sound fantastic.

Thanks again Daryl and don't be shy on the forum.

Bill

post-24680-0-54900000-1401925655_thumb.j

post-24680-0-55020000-1401925664_thumb.j

post-24680-0-85060000-1401925681_thumb.j

post-24680-0-24620000-1401925698_thumb.j

post-24680-0-76500000-1401925715_thumb.j

post-24680-0-50380000-1401925732_thumb.j

post-24680-0-48540000-1401925763_thumb.j