Suggestions on how to remove coconut oil from glass

tube fanatic

• Moderators
We really must how you managed to do this, unless of course sex was involved

Well if it wasn't involved why not get the wife out there and see if that will help remove it, what do you have to lose, it would surely remove some of it ? :emotion-55:

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the suggestions (Tasdom's being the best- I showed it to my wife and suggested we try that method first.  In her usual fashion, she simply looked down for a moment, looked back up and said "they're not big enough" and walked out of the room!).  Over the w/e I'll start at the top of the list above and begin trying everything.  Will report back when I find what works in case someone else makes a similar dumb mistake.

Maynard 

THIS  will remove anything that's on the glass.  Just wet a clean rag, sprinkle the powder on the rag and clean with a circular motion.  I've used it for years and have yet to find anything that it won't remove from automotive glass.  You may end up doing the entire glass so that it's all uniformly clean.  It will NOT scratch the glass.  I would not use any other cleaner than this for glass cleaning.

Zippo or Ronsonol lighter fluid (or Naptha) is an EXCELLENT grease/oil cutter, and it's harmless to most plastics, and is less volatile than other solvents.

I have used Naptha in my line of work for 18+ years, for similar purpose.

By looking at your screen name and avatar, I believe you :D

...have you tried isopropyl alcohol?

This is what I use on my records that've been impregnated with skin oil and household grit and dust over the years. It also removes residual mold wax from poor record pressing processes.  It works amazingly well--even better than the record cleaning machines that I've tried.

I have read where equal parts of coconut oil mixed with baking soda makes an effective, non-toxic replacement for removing sticky adhesive residue similar to product such as Goo Gone. 

I’m curious if you sprinkle the baking soda on the coconut oil residue on the glass, if it will mix the same way and form a paste-type substance that can be washed off?

Zippo or Ronsonol lighter fluid (or Naptha) is an EXCELLENT grease/oil cutter, and it's harmless to most plastics, and is less volatile than other solvents.

The screen name and avatar reminds me somewhat of the 1980s exploitation, revenge, vigilante movie called The Exterminator.....

post-36163-0-06620000-1411589079_thumb.p

...have you tried isopropyl alcohol?

This is what I use on my records that've been impregnated with skin oil and household grit and dust over the years. It also removes residual mold wax from poor record pressing processes.  It works amazingly well--even better than the record cleaning machines that I've tried.

Thats all D4 is.

THIS  will remove anything that's on the glass.  Just wet a clean rag, sprinkle the powder on the rag and clean with a circular motion.  I've used it for years and have yet to find anything that it won't remove from automotive glass.  You may end up doing the entire glass so that it's all uniformly clean.  It will NOT scratch the glass.  I would not use any other cleaner than this for glass cleaning.

Nice! The new version even has coconut oil in it.

I have read where equal parts of coconut oil mixed with baking soda makes an effective, non-toxic replacement for removing sticky adhesive residue similar to product such as Goo Gone. 

I’m curious if you sprinkle the baking soda on the coconut oil residue on the glass, if it will mix the same way and form a paste-type substance that can be washed off?

The screen name and avatar reminds me somewhat of the 1980s exploitation, revenge, vigilante movie called The Exterminator.....

Welcome to my world.   Flame throwers are legal.  No license or permit needed.  No back ground check needed.

To go with Full Auto requires extensive background check and 1 time $200 tax.

Open carry in most places.

Neither a good idea to use on car windows.   :emotion-14: 

I think Carl's method is probably the best, although I used road dust and it took longer