Got Speeding Tickets?

The History Kid

I was doing 120 on the freeway though Wyoming on a long straight and then once I slowed down a cop came up and pulled me over. The ticket said 93 so I just smiled and signed the paper. We both knew I was dead to rights so there wasnt much to say.

• Like 3

Got a ticket in the 1960's from a "Statey" (Ohio State Patrol all ex Marines) and he asked me how I blew the horn because the horn button was missing. I instinctively reaches into the steering column and pressed the contacts and the horn blew. I was trying not to laugh out loud but he never cracked a smile and wrote out the ticket anyway.

JJK

Most district attorney's offices have a person responsible for plea deals on traffic tickets, or a website reference/link to plea bargain the ticket. When you hire a lawyer he will write a letter to the DA's office seeking a reduction. You can do hat just as well. You need a valid excuse (family emergency, hot water heater ruptured, late for a doctor's appointment an that doctor refuses to see you if late, had to go to the bathroom and thereafter had an embarrassing accident, etc,) If you have a clean record, they will often give you a reduction.

Last time I was of interest of a cop was President's Day in 1988. I was at fault for rear ending an 88' Corsica with three people in their car. All three got out; the driver asked if I was o.k., the driver's daughter didn't say anything. The driver's mother got out and said "Boy, I sure hope you got insurance!" But after the cop took down the report and we all left, no points showed up on my license and my insurance actually went down.

I guess it helped that I was a gun dealer for a department store and would sell all the area cops their ammo to practice and qualify with. :)

But anymore I just don't get pulled over at all. I really think it has to do with having my CCW license that comes back on the police radio (they run license plates first before they pull people over). Thing is you still have to tell the cop first thing that you have said CCW license and if you have the gun with you.

Edited by Mighty Favog

I was doing 120 on the freeway though Wyoming on a long straight and then once I slowed down a cop came up and pulled me over. The ticket said 93 so I just smiled and signed the paper. We both knew I was dead to rights so there wasnt much to say.

120 - what car were you driving -that seems like it must have been a powerful  machine -

When I was a teenager I got caught driving my car around Pimlico Race Track........yea that's where the horses race!!......but I wasn't speeding

:-)

When I was a teenager I had dads 70ish LTD loaded it up with some high school friends I was taunted into going to the local ball field and pulling a doughnut in the parking lot.........................Doing the doughnut broke the power steering belt, took the car home and parked it a while later cops are knocking on the door, son we had a report of.........................Response No officer the power steering belt broke and i hit the brakes to hard and the car slid.....................Father was not amused

Edited by joessportster
  • Like 1

120 - what car were you driving -that seems like it must have been a powerful  machine -

It was actually just my 2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i (No turbo). There was a long straight and I just pushed it to the 120 mark then eased off a little for a while at around 105 or so then a few miles later the HWY Patrol showed up in my mirror. They must of had someone in a ghillie suit with a radar gun because I was watching the shoulders like a hawk. I was so relieved when he gave me the ticket that only said 93 because if i would have gotten tagged earlier I would have been hosed. 

I set my cruise control for 78 mph for now on...

Edited by twk123

I was pulled over when I was 21 and given a ticket for 71 in a 55. I explained to the Trooper (who was close to retirement) that my mother asked me to drive her to the airport to pick up my younger sister since she was uncomfortable driving at night and I was unfamiliar with her (much smoother running) car.

He was kind about it but did give me the ticket.  At the time I was also a firefighter and a paramedic (I did not mention that to him - I didn't want favors).

THE VERY NEXT NIGHT I was on a pretty bad wreck and we had several patients from three separate vehicles.  I was helping to lift a gurney and who was on the other end helping me lift?  The Trooper that pulled me over the night before.  We instantly recognized each other and he smiled and said "Have you been slowing down?"  I said "I drove a LITTLE quick to get here but you should see what they're letting me drive now!"  :)

It was actually a pretty cool moment.

• Like 2

Well it's true.  If you fly right by a cop and don't even bother to slow down...you probably deserve more than just a ticket. lol

I just figured at that point your all ready busted so why stop having fun.  Then usually the real fun begins and you see if you can out run them.

• Like 1

Last time I got pulled over was for doing 25 in a 20 (seriously).  The posted speed limit was 35 and I'd just turned onto this street from a side street and had not gotten up any speed.  The LEO was hidden and knew exactly where he'd placed himself relative to one of those modifier lights that get switched on during school hours.  This was one of those street lights they turn on for about 2 hours per day when schools are receiving students by foot.  It reduced the normal speed limit from 35 to 20.

He wrote the ticket.  Took it to court.  Demonstrated that I'd come onto the street where this light could not possible have been visible........ and that the LEO knew this and should never have written the citation. Ticket got tossed.  

• Like 3

Well it's true.  If you fly right by a cop and don't even bother to slow down...you probably deserve more than just a ticket. lol

I just figured at that point your all ready busted so why stop having fun.  Then usually the real fun begins and you see if you can out run them.

When I was in High School I got to drive my Dad's 1988 E30 M3. I was out in the country doing about 100 mph in a 60 with my brother and came flying around a corner and saw a cop SUV in the oncoming lane. I figured I might as well floor it until I got to a road with lots of turnoffs and snaked my way back home and put the car in the garage. I never knew if he turned around or not. 

• Like 1

I was twenty something years old and got pulled over for a speeding ticket. When the officer walked up I recognized him as the guy that had given me one just a few day before. I informed the officer that I had just driven 1600 miles round trip on business and he had already given me one ticket as I was leaving town. 

I asked couldn't I finish one trip before he needed to write another? He shouted "SLOW DOWN" and got back in his car and sped off. True story. 

• Like 1

I use to hang out at this rock band’s house…the drummer once played with Richie Blackmore. He was good; but, the rest of the gang treated him bad because he was always so doped up. One night the band was playing in the garage and i told the drummer that I’d turn out the lights and flip on a stobe light and he could bust into a mad drum solo. He agreed. I did my part and he did his.  Soon the lights were back on. I turned to comment to the person standing next to me and it was a Los Angeles County Sheriff. He said, “Personally, I liked it; but, your neighbors don’t.”  

One time some friends and I put on a Fat Tire Festival in southern Illinois, which is basically a weekend-long party drinking microbrews and riding mountain bikes.  Friday night we go and set up early but there weren't many of us, most people were going to come down Saturday.  So, we tore into the beer a little early, also set up a projector and speaker system to watch biking videos.  There was literally at least 7 maybe 8 kegs of Fat Tire Ale, which couldn't be bought east of the Mississippi River due to distribution laws, but we had a friend from St. Louis.  

Anyway, we're sitting around getting sloshed with about 1 keg each to our name, and here comes this van.  We didn't pay much attention, they stopped and went straight to the bathroom, we figured they'd come up afterwards.  Well, they did.  We hear a "how you boys doin tonight?" behind us and turn around.  There was 8 cops with shotguns in hand.  Obviously first thought was we were in big trouble.  But actually, about two miles through the woods there was a minimum security prison, and one of the inmates ran off, he was hiding in the woods somewhere.  They told us to lock our cars and don't leave keys or anything that could be used as a weapon out.  Then they were off.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 3

I was twenty something years old and got pulled over for a speeding ticket. When the officer walked up I recognized him as the guy that had given me one just a few day before. I informed the officer that I had just driven 1600 miles round trip on business and he had already given me one ticket as I was leaving town. 

I asked couldn't I finish one trip before he needed to write another? He shouted "SLOW DOWN" and got back in his car and sped off. True story. 

Supposedly my grandfather had an Alpha Romeo Spyder shortly after they came out back in the late 60's or early 70's and he got clocked doing 130 on the interstate.  Cop cars couldn't catch him so they radio'ed in a road block, obstructed the entire interstate.  When he got there, the cops drooled over the car and asked what it was, told him to slow down, and let him leave.  

• Like 1

I've never had a cop behind me in my own car.  It's always been someone elses or a rental. lol

Back in my stupid young days I decided to smoke something funny one time, then made the mistake of driving since it was my first time and I didn't know any better.  Shortly before that I also decided to flirt heavily with a cop's girlfriend at work for a couple months straight.  Well, the same cop found me at the wrong time.  He didn't pull me over, but decided to follow me all over town.  That was the worst day ever.  At one point I even tried to outrun him, thinking I was going stupid fast, then looked down and I was going 35 mph.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 2

Drummer introduced me to a guy named Captain Beefheart … what a trip that dude was. I could listen to his stories all night. He partied at my brother’s house. He actually made a music video probably 10 years before MTV. Sadly, the Captain died a few years ago

Ho Ho Ho Hi Hi Hi   Upon the My Oh MY.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq6fCOGyVJg

I got my one and only ticket in Dallas...1985...on 635 getting on Central xway North. I was doin 9 over the limit and being overrun, I ask why me? He said I was the easiest to get too, it got thrown out.