Hope Gathering 2015 Pictures

mikebse2a3

Well, first you need to start telling of the “A” list celebrities that have “tentatively” said they’re coming.  Remind everyone that you’re “asking” Klipsch to donate KHorns as a raffle prize (if they say no…you didn’t lie, you asked). Of course, this information doesn’t come out until the day before the event. These sorts of claims really generate interest.

I had to give a speech. I knew the audience was tired of hearing the other speakers talk about the reason we were actually there -- so i gave them a break--i lied.  I stood up there and spun the biggest, fattest lies i could think of. Lie after lie after lie--Frisbee would have been proud (Twilight Zone reference for all you fans of that show).  I told of how by the age of 14 I had run away from 12 orphanages. I told about how i was asked by a foreign country to be an indefinite visitor for possessing a bag of what turned out NOT to be powdered sugar.  The room was quiet and they thought i was the baddest dude they’d ever met. But, for a few minutes…i had their full attention.  

Maybe you could offer to let a drunk Carl shave your head while the music is blaring?  

I’ve also heard that drinks are free next year…and food…and we all get new cars.  

Edited by BigStewMan

What you think of Michael Crabtree signing?

Hasn’t lived up to the hype; but, they got him on the cheap and only for one year … hopefully a resurgence like the days of old.  They’d given up on Plunkett and he won two superbowls. They’d given up on Lyle Alzado.

A funny thing happened on the way to the farum...bonus points for knowing the reference

attachicon.gifI may be a little late.JPG

If I can just find my keys and the mp3 player.

attachicon.gifwhere is the mp3 player.JPG

Classy Glass.  Notice the DTel Detail.

attachicon.gifPepper_Glasses.jpg

attachicon.gifPeppers on the side.JPG

In Situ:

attachicon.gifput to good use.JPG

Dead Cows aren't much fun. When you call them they don't come.

attachicon.gifdead cows are fun.JPG

KevinMeister Motto: Dis is how he rolls...Kevin in a Nutshell?

attachicon.gifkevin in a nutshell.JPG

Belly up to the trough!

attachicon.gifthe tough.JPG

Open your Pie Hole! 

attachicon.giftoilet pie.JPG

Oh yeah, and some Audio SH$T happened too...

attachicon.gifif i can only filter this.JPG

And when I woke up, this is what I had to put up with.

https://community.klipsch.com/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif my bedroom window.JPG

Rodney's lovely daughter...cute to boot!

https://community.klipsch.com/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif img_7922.JPG

NO FONTS WERE HURT DURING THE MAKING OF THIS POST.

Best caption award!
  • Like 3

I’m still anxious to see pictures of Genevieve eating the Scorpion Pepper with the Moonshine chaser.  That’s television material.

I don't think anyone was directly present except for the guy she was with and myself, so I don't think any pictures or footage exists!

I think she got more than she bargained for, but she definitely did better then I would of and she definitely had more guts than any of us men at the party! :)

Roger

This is how it started.

attachicon.gifServing.JPG

This is what the line was for.

attachicon.gifloaded gun.JPG

And these were the supervisiory council and brain trust.

attachicon.gifthe usual suspects.JPG

Aunt Bea about to bean me for some snarky comment.

attachicon.gifAunt Bea Evil Eye.JPG

You were snarky? To me?????? Say it ain't so Mr. Lobo, say it ain't so...

Erica,

Hope Pat and yourself got to enjoy Kimberly as much as she enjoyed you!

Roger

• Like 1

This is how it started.

Erica,

Roger

She's a hoot! I can see the two of us getting into some trouble.....planning to hang out with her again!!

• Like 1

This is how it started.

Erica,

Roger

She's a hoot! I can see the two of us getting into some trouble.....planning to hang out with her again!!

I will definitely come next year, just hope she doesn't grow out of being a Daddys girl and wants to come with me again.

She is at that age you know??

Roger

• Moderators

Here was a very interesting Klipschorn Signed by Bob Moers of Klipsch in the museum.

Looks like it had been a working modified test cabinet.

Here is links to a couple of stories with Bob involved:

http://www.klipsch.com/plexiglas-khorn

http://www.klipsch.com/edwardsAFB

Mike,

The first link kind of freaks me. 

In 1970 Bob Moers and wife VG-VeeGee(sp?) would travel to Fayetteville to party with my wife and I. We were still in school and they a bit older. At that time the UofA ranked Playboy's number one party school in the country. Fayettetnam as we called it was very different from Hope. smile

My best friend and audio mentor Cedric introduced us to the Moers and we hit it off.  That introduction provided my wife and I, a couple of poor college kids, some outrageous audio for the times. The day of Quad so we ran two Khorns flank, two LaS center and two LaS rear. Amps that were sent free to PWK for evaluation we had for a song.  

Sorry for the trip down memory lane. Perhaps I should have PM'd.  But in the Klipsch logs that I have read I have never seen mention of a Cedric.

Just wonder where Bob Moers landed. Perhaps Hunter might have some memory of Cedric. (Kinker-Neal transmission line speakers)

I am told that Bill Brewly was close to suicide before finishing the Plex Khorn.

tc

Sure would have liked seeing you at Hope tc...... maybe next time.

By the way you would have loved the KP-600 playing at Rodney's Place... :-)

You were missed Terry!

I don't think anyone was directly present except for the guy she was with and myself, so I don't think any pictures or footage exists!

The guy she was with was Mark, her husband.  I presented her with the Scorpion and 'shine, then stood back aways.  Do wish I'd taken a picture but was getting there myself after sitting too close to the 'shine for too long.

Dave

• Like 1

This is how it started.

Erica,

Roger

I will definitely come next year, just hope she doesn't grow out of being a Daddys girl and wants to come with me again.

She is at that age you know??

Roger

She is a wonderful girl....hold on tight daddy, time goes fast at this point. My last left just 2 months ago. I'm proud to see her flying solo, but a little sad ( ok, maybe more than a little) that it all happened so quickly.  I she makes it next year...truly, a cool kid. Good job- you get at least some credit for that!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

I’m still anxious to see pictures of Genevieve eating the Scorpion Pepper with the Moonshine chaser.  That’s television material.

I didn't see her eat it but talked to her a little while later to make sure she was ok, and she was feeling better.

I refused, I'm not that crazy but Genevieve had a good reason for trying it. Genevieve please don't get mad I am saying this......She said her dad was wanting her to try spicy things and thought this was a good time, I think that pepper may have been the extreme of what she was thinking but she did it, she is braver than me !

That clear stuff in the mason jar was really good, powerful but good, smoother than expected, but it needs a warning label. :o  

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

Built a bit of local credibility with that 'shine.  When it was first brought out I was the first it was offered to.  Joe said it was 170 proof.  I said "Let me see that..." and proceeded to invert it and shake a bead on it.  "No more than a 140..." says I.

In fact, I don't think it was much past 100...though still quite a bit of raw kick.  However, I didn't want to risk offense.  Old Joe did look at me with a little more respect.

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 2