My New Toy

Scrappydue

so i know this has nothing to do with home theater. but it has speakers, and this is kind of my section. LOL and if i could wire up a 5.1 and watch movies on the 6.8" screen i would! trust me! 

anyways last july i bought a sportster 48 as it fit my requirements for my first motorcycle (easy to handle). well a few weeks ago i rode with some friends and they all have street glides. they looked so comfy and all listening to music. SOOOOO i started thinking about a new bike. well i borrowed a friends street glide. rode it. kind of nervous as its an extra 3 hundred pounds. and i cannot flat foot. but i took the plunge anyways as i can get used to the bike just as i did my sportster. I've read of lots of guys shorter than me with shorter inseams and they do fine. so i can get used to it. 

i picked the bike up this morning. also grabbed some vance and hines slip ons when i was there. couldn't afford the whole exhaust so mufflers for now and pipes later this year. rode home and it was very windy. radio was audible up to about 65. so that is immediately on my radar for an upgrade. as it should be since i love high end audio! anyways here she is! 

2015 Harley Road Glide Special

16919448313_6f2f8cf7dd_c.jpg

17537532932_0f104db7eb_c.jpg

17353452609_6f2ea834f6_c.jpg

Edited by Scrappydue
  • Like 8

Very exciting!  Good deal!

I am a former biker, MX, cross country, enduro, hare scrambles, and various medium sized 650cc and under street bikes and there is NEVER a time when I see a bike on the road and I don't think "that looks like fun."  :)

• Like 1

Congratulations on the new bike.  Remember last year when I nagged and nagged you to get a good helmet.  Glad to see you wearing more than a doo rag but please, consider a top of the line full face helmet.  Get a nice quiet one (I like Schuberth) and set it up for bluetooth audio - you'll love the clean sound.  Enjoy your new ride.

http://www.schuberth.com/en/motorcycle/src-systemtm-pro.html

http://www.schuberth.com/en/motorcycle/c3-pro.html

Edited by sputnik
  • Like 1

thanks all. didn't ride it too much today as it was pretty chilly and spending time with family before they all leave for a coupe weeks. after they are gone its on! ill be riding a lot for two weeks. 

Awesome! I think I mentioned buying a Road Glide when you bought the Sportster LOL! Now you own the best Harley they ever made! 
i'm excited but i would have never bought this for my first bike. i would have been too much.

Now for some true duals/stage 1!
gonna be a bit before i do that.

Nice bike, looks like a rolling sofa or lazy-boy chair on wheels..... I'm not there yet, or fighting it tooth and nail, and still leaning toward the sport side. Love the twisties, and handling characteristics (not to mention all the bottom end torque the V's dish out), so added BST carbon fiber wheels. Dropped about 8 and 10 pounds of unspring mass front and rear, respectively. Makes for a huge difference in handling, by reducing rotational inertia.

post-10277-0-29120000-1431451021_thumb.j