This is just wrong!, or spoiled child?

totalcomfort

Enjoy it...mine's almost 8 and luckily still likes to listen to music with Dad.  She's actually become quite the expert in how to use my system also...much more so than my wife.  That said, she was a lot more interested just a couple short years ago than she is now...so it really does go by fast. 

• Like 2

No let me bring it (being from the "D" originally ...meaning Detroit).  On the back of Post cereals (Super Sugar Crisp, among others) there used to be Motown records that you cut off the box (45 rpm). Put them on your record player and spin away - one of my first ones (that i can remember) was "Stone Love" by the Supreme's... I was four years old also!!!!  

• Like 1

No let me bring it (being from the "D" originally ...meaning Detroit).  On the back of Post cereals (Super Sugar Crisp, among others) there used to be Motown records that you cut off the box (45 rpm). Put them on your record player and spin away - one of my first ones (that i can remember) was "Stone Love" by the Supreme's... I was four years old also!!!!  

I remember those cereal box records!

• Like 2

I was listening to a little zz top when 4yr old daughter comes and says " daddy I want to listen to my music" . So now I have a pair of jamborees playing wheels on the bus, ring around the rosey, this old man, and other top 10 hits for 4yr old children!! Hope my jamborees don't revolt and take off running!, LOL!!!

Looks like it is time to put her a system together for her room. Maybe some small book shelf speakers to start.

Little tikes seem to like the ol Dr Demento tunes also, there are some good one's.

Fish heads, fish heads, rolly polly fish heads... fish heads fish heads eat them up yum!

Ask a fish head anything you want too... They wont answer, they can't talk!

A baby fell out of the window!

You think that it's head would be split!

But luck was with it that morning...

It fell in a barel of shaving cream, feel nice and clean, shave every day and you'll always feel keen!

Shaving cream, we had our girls singing that in school, got a phone call on that one we did.

• Like 2

I have recently been cataloging my Lp collection. I came across several children's albums. Tossed them in the bargain bin for "Bargains Galore on 64". I could go through the boxes again if you are interested. Disney and such. I am still digging through boxes for the next couple of weeks, so I may find more.  

• Like 1

Kids pick this stuff up so quick now. Baby girl already knows how to run most of "my" system by remote.

Finished off the night with a jam session of frosty the snowman lol. Good quality time with my daughter, we actually talked about woofers and tweeters and what they do.

Keep an open eye on your Ebay Acct. and for gods sake do not show the kiddies AG.

I have recently been cataloging my Lp collection. I came across several children's albums. Tossed them in the bargain bin for "Bargains Galore on 64". I could go through the boxes again if you are interested. Disney and such. I am still digging through boxes for the next couple of weeks, so I may find more.  

Zippity Do Dah was one of my favorites - I actually brought it to preschool with me!!!!! Also Puff the Magic Dragon....I thought it was a real dragon, how people can ruin childhood fairy tales :( !!!!!!! 

Edited by prerich
  • Like 1

Lost my turntable in 1990, haven't looked for it; although I do have all the LPs on cassette, haven't hooked up my Nakamichi BX-300 this century.

Add me to your club (unfortunately :( ).  Along with my other investment blunders in worthless audio formats such as Betamax, I too have a really nice $1500 Nakamichi cassette deck that hasn't been used in 20 years.  I wonder if I can get $50 out of it?

+++

Minor thread drift, Cable Wars:  My Nak came with an ordinary looking RCA cable that had the Nakamichi name stamped on it.  Way before it was popular, I am absolutely positive that Nak cable was audibly more clear than any other (cheap) RCA cable I have ever used.  It was as noticeable as the difference in sound between a stock AM car radio and an FM car radio.

• Like 2

Lost my turntable in 1990, haven't looked for it; although I do have all the LPs on cassette, haven't hooked up my Nakamichi BX-300 this century.

Add me to your club (unfortunately :( ).  Along with my other investment blunders in worthless audio formats such as Betamax, I too have a really nice $1500 Nakamichi cassette deck that hasn't been used in 20 years.  I wonder if I can get $50 out of it?

+++

Minor thread drift, Cable Wars:  My Nak came with an ordinary looking RCA cable that had the Nakamichi name stamped on it.  Way before it was popular, I am absolutely positive that Nak cable was audibly more clear than any other (cheap) RCA cable I have ever used.  It was as noticeable as the difference in sound between a stock AM car radio and an FM car radio.

What model of Nak?  Maybe I could use another

• Like 1

+++

What model Nak do you have, I am interested.

Roger