well, she asked if anyone had any questions...

BigStewMan

guest speaker at work...does her presentation and asked if there are any questions.  Silence.  Finally, i decided to help her out and asked, "Is Elvis really dead?"

She didn't seem to appreciate my question.

Gotta say, that's good.  I would have laughed if it's any consolation.....

• Like 2

And that ladies and gentlemen is how to spot the Office Clown.

a few years ago, i was officially banned from speaking to anyone outside of our organization without having my wording pre-approved by management.

That didn't last very long.  Someone called and asked if I received the fax that they sent.  I put him on hold and went to the Division Manager and said, "i was asked by so and so if i received the fax he sent. Can i tell him yes?"

Suddenly the ban was lifted.

• Like 4

my mouth keeps from being invited to MANY meetings.

Oh SOOOO this about me too

I have a pathological inability to prevent words like Really? and Seriously? and DUH? and PU-LEZE! from spilling out of my mouth when I hear certain things. And then there's the occasional B@##$4!T that slips out. That one is ALWAYS popular.

This affliction has not only kept me out of meetings, I'm pretty sure it's cost me more than one job.

Edited by teknoid
  • Like 4

So your the one, not surprised. :P

who me?   

i just like to provide answers or ask questions.   My boss asked me if I knew where a piece of equipment was. I said, “I give up…where?”

Or when the doctor asked me if i smoked. I said, “only when i’m on fire.”  he laughed throughout the entire examination. When i was leaving he laughs again and says, “only when i’m on fire.”  I finally said, “doc, it wasn’t that funny.”