Superbowl 50 - 2016

wvu80

That's how it is now but only for a field goal.

Right.  An opening drive TD wins the game, the other side never gets to touch the ball.  It is better than it was, but it still seems unfair to the team that loses the coin toss, especially when you've got an Aaron Rodgers on your team and you lose the coin toss.

When I would eliminate is the ref's explaining the overtime rules to the team captains at the beginning of overtime.  Do they explain the regulation time rules at the opening coin flip?  :huh:

Edited by wvu80

That's how it is now but only for a field goal.

Right.  An opening drive TD wins the game, the other side never gets to touch the ball.  It is better than it was, but it still seems unfair to the team that loses the coin toss, especially when you've got an Aaron Rodgers on your team and you lose the coin toss.

When I would eliminate is the ref's explaining the overtime rules to the team captains at the beginning of overtime.  Do they explain the regulation time rules at the opening coin flip?  :huh:

That's a good point. The rules really aren't fair.

Haha….good question.

Well, I'm at 100%; every team I've picked is a loser.

Steelers played well on offense but the D really kept them in it.  At the end of the day, it was another 4th quarter come-back scoring a touchdown with 3 minutes to go to add to the legend of Peyton Manning.

• Like 2

I am Officially Predicting and I'd like to see the two best stories of the year in Superbowl L.

The phenomenal season of the Carolina Panthers meeting up with the swan song of the classiest person in the NFL, Peyton Manning.

Broncos win and Peyton goes out John Elway style, on top in his last game ever.

+++

Then can we get rid of the @#$% roman numerals in naming super bowls???

• Like 1

IMO, if(a big if) Denver would have waited to fire John Fox, picked up Wade Phillips anyway as DC, then they may have been unstoppable on offense as well as defense.

Yes Manning has lost a bit of his skill set(physically) but Kubiak's offense is not one that plays to Manning's game.

With that said also, Manning/receivers had to contend with blistering 20+mph winds.  I felt Manning was putting zip on the ball(with accuracy) more than he had since week 12 or 13 of 2014.  Six dropped passes in the first half for Denver definitely deflated opportunities to put real points on the board.  Even with extra ooomph from Manning which helped compensate for the swirling wind, the receivers just did not hang on.  Big Ben's shoulder was a non issue and he easily drilled the ball through the wind.

I'm hoping the Broncos can beat the Patriots, I'm so tired of them winning.

Against NE, IMO, again, Kubiak needs to let Manning be Manning and put points on the board the way he knows how.  They will need the points(TD's) to counter the points NE is very capable of even against the best passing(199.6ypg) defense in the league.

Bill